Henry Co. vs Hardin Co.

BigRedForLife

I don't ever say anything on these boards, necause i think its pointless for a player to post, but when some one says something of this nature I think I have the right to defend myself. If i hit people out bounds and had late hits then why did the refs not call it. I like the henry county players, lamar and I are very good friends actually and plus my cousin plays on the team. I did not in any way try to hurt anyone out there. I was trying to go as hard as i could ever go and maybe sometimes i had to much fight in me and it looked like I was trying to hurt people. I apologize to all the fans if it looked like that. I did not in any way try to hurt anyone. Henry county, your a great team and I have all the respect in the world for yall. Even though your players were cursing so much out there to myself, and my team members, I did not say anything back cause I have been taught better than to do that. Maybe Henry county's coach could teach that alittle more. Once again i have the upmost respect for your players,coach's, and fans and i had no intentons whats so ever to hurt anyone. I guess just sometimes when you try to play the hardest you've ever played then it kinda looks like your trying too. Just please don't say I have no class at all if you don't even know me.

We have seen the film. It was blatant, especially slamming the player into the fence on our sidelines, but....whatever you say. Of course, we could not hear what was said and cannot dispute that. Trust me, they have been taught. Obviously, you can see how our coach reacted when one of our players was penalized for what he had been taught. Also, at our Saturday get-together (players, parents, Big Red Faithful meet on Saturdays to watch film, feed the players a steak lunch, and let them lift weights), Gaddis said the referee told him that there was too much mouthing on the field and our players were answering BACK. It's over. We can go back and forth all day. I said I didn't blame you for getting by with what the referees let you do. Oh, and the language on the Myspace conversations that were given to our players by someone...that was rough, too.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it just be easier to drop this? The game is over, and what happened can't be changed. Shutt - The game fielm shows that towards the end of the game, and even late in the 2nd half, that you had a few questionable hits that could have been flagged. I think that one of them was called, which was the shove into the fence after the touchdown.. I don't know what was said, so i can't speak on that. I understand that you were trying to play your hardest, and that's understandable. It'd probably be for the best if people just dropped this game and moved on to next week.

I don't ever say anything on these boards, necause i think its pointless for a player to post, but when some one says something of this nature I think I have the right to defend myself. If i hit people out bounds and had late hits then why did the refs not call it. I like the henry county players, lamar and I are very good friends actually and plus my cousin plays on the team. I did not in any way try to hurt anyone out there. I was trying to go as hard as i could ever go and maybe sometimes i had to much fight in me and it looked like I was trying to hurt people. I apologize to all the fans if it looked like that. I did not in any way try to hurt anyone. Henry county, your a great team and I have all the respect in the world for yall. Even though your players were cursing so much out there to myself, and my team members, I did not say anything back cause I have been taught better than to do that. Maybe Henry county's coach could teach that alittle more. Once again i have the upmost respect for your players,coach's, and fans and i had no intentons whats so ever to hurt anyone. I guess just sometimes when you try to play the hardest you've ever played then it kinda looks like your trying too. Just please don't say I have no class at all if you don't even know me.

It is refreshing to see someone get on here and actually identify himself. I coached for many years before I retired and now I follow Henry County. From my vantage point, you did hit late on several occasions, but were not penalized. You have nothing to apologize for, however, because that is part of the game. You never did hurt anyone, so just forget about all of this and get ready for the next game, because that is much more important than this issue. In my coaching career, there was too much talking and cursing that took place during the games. I would think that the Henry County coach does not condone it (he reacted immediately and decisively to one of his players who apparently was penalized for talking), and I think that it would be unrealistic to think that the Henry County team was the only team on the field, that was mouthing and cursing. Your team is a good one and you need to focus on your playoff game (I am sure that you know this, but this is the old coach in me talking). I would think that Henry County respects your team and wants you to win your game, along with Munford and Northside. Like I said, don't worry about this stuff. If it was being said after Henry County lost, then that would really bother me, but in this instance, it does not need to bother you. Henry County seemed to have a lot of respect for you and I would think that they still do. Good luck in round one.

It is refreshing to see someone get on here and actually identify himself. I coached for many years before I retired and now I follow Henry County. From my vantage point, you did hit late on several occasions, but were not penalized. You have nothing to apologize for, however, because that is part of the game. You never did hurt anyone, so just forget about all of this and get ready for the next game, because that is much more important than this issue. In my coaching career, there was too much talking and cursing that took place during the games. I would think that the Henry County coach does not condone it (he reacted immediately and decisively to one of his players who apparently was penalized for talking), and I think that it would be unrealistic to think that the Henry County team was the only team on the field, that was mouthing and cursing. Your team is a good one and you need to focus on your playoff game (I am sure that you know this, but this is the old coach in me talking). I would think that Henry County respects your team and wants you to win your game, along with Munford and Northside. Like I said, don't worry about this stuff. If it was being said after Henry County lost, then that would really bother me, but in this instance, it does not need to bother you. Henry County seemed to have a lot of respect for you and I would think that they still do. Good luck in round one.

Good post and good attitude. I guess it is the old coach in you. We do want all of region 7 to win.

as stated earlier, sam shutt has good character. thanks sam. pa

Wouldn't it just be easier to drop this? The game is over, and what happened can't be changed. Shutt - The game fielm shows that towards the end of the game, and even late in the 2nd half, that you had a few questionable hits that could have been flagged. I think that one of them was called, which was the shove into the fence after the touchdown.. I don't know what was said, so i can't speak on that. I understand that you were trying to play your hardest, and that's understandable. It'd probably be for the best if people just dropped this game and moved on to next week.

Yes this subject needs to be dropped...whats the past is the past. I just want yall to know i didn't mean anything intentional at all. I was never given a unsportsmanlike like penalty in the game (from what i was told) And even after the game I apologized to robbie cause i did not mean to do that. Yall think whatever yall want to think from watching film to whatever sorry if you think i have no class or character because thats not example im trying to show for my team or myself. Sorry again. End of topic.

Yes this subject needs to be dropped...whats the past is the past. I just want yall to know i didn't mean anything intentional at all. I was never given a unsportsmanlike like penalty in the game (from what i was told) And even after the game I apologized to robbie cause i did not mean to do that. Yall think whatever yall want to think from watching film to whatever sorry if you think i have no class or character because thats not example im trying to show for my team or myself. Sorry again. End of topic.

I agree lets drop it. Apology accepted by me. Good luck in the playoffs and if we both win first round then we do it again in Pais.

Guest Advisor

Hey #4, regardless of Friday night's score, the Advisor thinks you guys have a pretty good football team! We(Patriot fans)always enjoy coming to Savannah to play. This makes the second trip since the renewal of this game and WOW......what a venue!! Hey #4, Just a quick thought on all of those that take on the field matters home with them. (both HC's) If you guys will take care of business at Fairley, we'll all have plenty of time for hand shaking and making up next Friday the 16th in Paris prior to another HUGE match up! Beat those Bulldogs!!

Hey #4, regardless of Friday night's score, the Advisor thinks you guys have a pretty good football team! We(Patriot fans)always enjoy coming to Savannah to play. This makes the second trip since the renewal of this game and WOW......what a venue!! Hey #4, Just a quick thought on all of those that take on the field matters home with them. (both HC's) If you guys will take care of business at Fairley, we'll all have plenty of time for hand shaking and making up next Friday the 16th in Paris prior to another HUGE match up! Beat those Bulldogs!!

Great post! Now let's get ready for the playoffs!!!!

i hvae something to say to all u hardin county fans as u all said the real hc was hardin co. that was a joke and u know something else we took ya"ll to the wood shed. OH may i ask who is samm shut cause he got shutt out. when u start talking trash about the patriots u better back it up we cant help it if we have the state title on our minds. and to answer ur question if we can play with anyone in the conference we can. we have beat every team we have except JNS by over 20 points and u think we stink bring on RE we ready for yall too.

Isn`t it always nice to have class in victory? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Sam, I wasn`t at the game so I have no comment about what did or did not happen. However, this JCM fan admires the way you handled your response to the situation on this board. Regardless of what may have happened in the heat of battle on the field, your appearance here has been a class act. I`ve never met you, but got the chance to get to know Adam Milligan and family through football and baseball while my son was playing can only say great things about that family. My experiences with the Hardin County program through the years has been nothing but first class (well except one time at a baseball game and the concession stand ran out of hot dogs /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> ). I`ve been on here for years and rarely does a player respond to being publically outed with such a mature response.And to the Henry County fan...I`m not saying that what you said wasn`t true, I`m just saying that Sam dealt with it pretty well for a high school kid. Good luck to both "HC`s" this week.

VG

VG