Is hunters lane out

Whocares08

My question is if he hasnt played for 5 year... he did sit out a year... doesnt that still count as 4 years of eligibility???

What does glencliff do... wait until they get their butts kicked and then run around checking everything on everysingle player. I have heard of poor sportsmanship but this takes it to an extreme.....

TSSAA is responsible for checking all players prior to the beginning of a season... and they miss a player it is their fault not the schools. When they check the computer and it tells them that the student in question is eligible then shouldnt that be enough for the coaches to go on... I could see possibly punishing the player... but not the entire team... look at his play for the entire season... erase any games that he made a score saving tackle, take that tackle away and go on from there... but I feel like this problem was not Hunter's Lane but a problem with the TSSAA.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is if he hasnt played for 5 year... he did sit out a year... doesnt that still count as 4 years of eligibility???

What does glencliff do... wait until they get their butts kicked and then run around checking everything on everysingle player. I have heard of poor sportsmanship but this takes it to an extreme.....

A student has 8 semesters once he enters the ninth grade. These semesters run current regardless whether they played or not. Also the only true source of information on a student is his cummative folder which is hand written form in the guidance office on file, not something on a computer. Too much room for error.

How is it that it seems the only team that can find a discrepency in eligibility is Glencliff.... no other team has even complained or questioned any team's players. To me it is strange that the only team to point out anything is a team that cannot win. Is it sour grapes? or is it misery loves company.. It seems that they only go after teams that stand a really good chance of winning championship that year.

I will stand by the TSSAA rulings, but, it begs to question the Ethics of a organization that takes transfers, and has to sign off on them to allow a mistake of this magnitude and also why wait until the second to last game of the season to point this issue out... which effectively elimanates the entire season for a good group of players. The senior players of this team will not get another shot at their senior year... Every higher education institution that has been looking at these players and their stats for these games will no longer matter.. Why is it that the students have to suffer for a clerical error? I understand that eligibility rules is for the safety of the player and also to keep order and good sportsmanship within the high schools, but, what does it say to the player, when you have a season that could have the best season of their lives, erased due to a clerical error. What does this tell our kids?

You can work hard, play with good sportmanship, win the game, and lose the season... The players at HLHS are among the most honorable I have ever seen... The coaches as well... These kids are going to be devastated by this "clerical error". I personally would call to task TSSAA to verify all transfers and eligibilty prior to the beginning of the season. If not then at least by the third game. SInce most region play does not begin truly until the second half of the season. The TSSAA charges each student when they are old enough to be thinking of playing any sport in college, to determine if the are eligible to play. If they want to charge a student they need to do so their freshman year and do a better job of verifying eligibility during high school and beyond.

If Gallatin and Hendersonville win then they're both in. If Hendersonville loses and Gallatin loses there would be a three way tie for the final 2 spots (assuming Overton beats Hillwood). I'm not sure what the tiebreaker for these teams is.

Does anyone know which teams are already gauranteed in the playoffs?

Does anyone know which teams are already gauranteed in the playoffs?

Well if this whole hunters lane thing is true Antioch will be region champs. The rest of the region looks as follows:

2. Gallatin 4-2 4-5 overall

3. Hendersonville 4-2 4-5 overall

4. Mcgavock 4-2 4-5 overall

5. Overton 3-3 3-6 overall

with hillwood, glencliff, and hunters lane with no chance at playoffs. So i'm not sure what the scenarios are.

59 Hunters Lane players DID everything they were suppose to this year grade-wise, age-wise, semester-wise. I will tell you, I won't stand by without a fight for something one player inadvertently did wrong. Coach Campbell is a GREAT friend of mine. He did a noble thing by getting on the phone and turning this in. I LOVE the player that was found to be ineligible. He spends a LOT of time with me. He understands he's done, so he's punished. Punish the coach or coaches through suspensions for the remainder of the season if needed. Where the administrator or the counselor who failed to update the computer. PUNISH THE PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS, not the 26 seniors and the rest of the players. These boys have been working since last year for a chance a the BIG dance. I have been with my son, Erik Wisdom ALL summer running hills, pulling sleds, running through tires, pushing cars, etc. Now I have spent the last two days watching him and others cry their hearts out!!!! This team flat out proved they are the BEST team Coach Campbell has put on this field. What if Major League baseball made the San Francisco Giants forfeit ALL of their games for Barry Bonds choosing to use steriods? That is just non-sensible. This is NON-SENSIBLE.

Well if this whole hunters lane thing is true Antioch will be region champs. The rest of the region looks as follows:

2. Gallatin 4-2 4-5 overall

3. Hendersonville 4-2 4-5 overall

4. Mcgavock 4-2 4-5 overall

5. Overton 3-3 3-6 overall

with hillwood, glencliff, and hunters lane with no chance at playoffs. So i'm not sure what the scenarios are.

if it came down to a three way tie between Hendersonville overton and Gallatin who would get the 2 spots

How is it that it seems the only team that can find a discrepency in eligibility is Glencliff.... no other team has even complained or questioned any team's players. To me it is strange that the only team to point out anything is a team that cannot win. Is it sour grapes? or is it misery loves company.. It seems that they only go after teams that stand a really good chance of winning championship that year.

I will stand by the TSSAA rulings, but, it begs to question the Ethics of a organization that takes transfers, and has to sign off on them to allow a mistake of this magnitude and also why wait until the second to last game of the season to point this issue out... which effectively elimanates the entire season for a good group of players. The senior players of this team will not get another shot at their senior year... Every higher education institution that has been looking at these players and their stats for these games will no longer matter.. Why is it that the students have to suffer for a clerical error? I understand that eligibility rules is for the safety of the player and also to keep order and good sportsmanship within the high schools, but, what does it say to the player, when you have a season that could have the best season of their lives, erased due to a clerical error. What does this tell our kids?

You can work hard, play with good sportmanship, win the game, and lose the season... The players at HLHS are among the most honorable I have ever seen... The coaches as well... These kids are going to be devastated by this "clerical error". I personally would call to task TSSAA to verify all transfers and eligibilty prior to the beginning of the season. If not then at least by the third game. SInce most region play does not begin truly until the second half of the season. The TSSAA charges each student when they are old enough to be thinking of playing any sport in college, to determine if the are eligible to play. If they want to charge a student they need to do so their freshman year and do a better job of verifying eligibility during high school and beyond.

lady its not sour grapes... when you see a kid who played for you 5 yrs ago still playing... something is suspisious! glencliff caught HL's mistake 10 weeks in when it should have been caught in week 0. thats all. its not poor sportsmanship at all.... although kudos to the HL staff for doing the honest thing... many coaches wouldnt have... i applaud you for doing what is right, even if it means your season...

if it came down to a three way tie between Hendersonville overton and Gallatin who would get the 2 spots

It is hard to tell

TSSAA.org

C. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

D. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. (After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams.)

E. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

59 Hunters Lane players DID everything they were suppose to this year grade-wise, age-wise, semester-wise. I will tell you, I won't stand by without a fight for something one player inadvertently did wrong. Coach Campbell is a GREAT friend of mine. He did a noble thing by getting on the phone and turning this in. I LOVE the player that was found to be ineligible. He spends a LOT of time with me. He understands he's done, so he's punished. Punish the coach or coaches through suspensions for the remainder of the season if needed. Where the administrator or the counselor who failed to update the computer. PUNISH THE PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS, not the 26 seniors and the rest of the players. These boys have been working since last year for a chance a the BIG dance. I have been with my son, Erik Wisdom ALL summer running hills, pulling sleds, running through tires, pushing cars, etc. Now I have spent the last two days watching him and others cry their hearts out!!!! This team flat out proved they are the BEST team Coach Campbell has put on this field. What if Major League baseball made the San Francisco Giants forfeit ALL of their games for Barry Bonds choosing to use steriods? That is just non-sensible. This is NON-SENSIBLE.

I understand completely having been watching the same thing at my house... Its really hard to sit by and watch your child go through this... There has to be something we can do...

The only way this would happen is if hville lost this week and so did gallatin and overton wins. Which Mcgavock would get 2nd and then these three tems would be fightin for the last two spots. The first thing the ylook at is region record all the teams are 4-3. then overall record all the teams are 4-6. Then you look at head to head, well it cancels out because hville beat overton, overton beat gallatin, and gallatin beat hville. Then you look at who beat the most teams with a winning record. Overton would have beat 0 teams with a winning record. Hville would have beat 0 teams with a winnning record. And gallatin would have beat 0 teams with a winnning record. I have no idea what is after that i will check tssaa website.