A/AA Final 8

kickit

Has any one noticed that the 8 finals teams going to the A/AA State Finals only 4 districts and 4 regions are represented:

Region 2 District 4

CAK

Knox Catholic

Region 3 District 6

Notre Dame

CCS

Region 5 District 9

FRA

CPA

Region 7 District 13

USJ

Jackson Christian

This should make the draw very interesting!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I also hope they consider that CAK, FRA, ND are District AND Region winners, USJ is Region winner, but District win went to Jackson Christian, and that Knox Catholic, CPA, CCS are District and Region runner-ups.

It just would seem "fair" that they could at least pair a District winner/Region winner with a District runner-up/Region runner-up. I would just hate to see the 4 Region winners on one side of the bracket and the 4 Region runner-ups on the other side.

Good Luck to all, and congratulations in making it to the State Championship final 8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also hope they consider that CAK, FRA, ND are District AND Region winners, USJ is Region winner, but District win went to Jackson Christian, and that Knox Catholic, CPA, CCS are District and Region runner-ups.

It just would seem "fair" that they could at least pair a District winner/Region winner with a District runner-up/Region runner-up. I would just hate to see the 4 Region winners on one side of the bracket and the 4 Region runner-ups on the other side.

Good Luck to all, and congratulations in making it to the State Championship final 8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds similar to a Subway Series....someone from New York is not going to win.

If you have 5 local teams advancing, chances are someone will play someone they know too well.

Is the intension to seed teams based on performance or random draw?

My understanding it is RANDOM DRAW with two teams from the same region NOT playing each other unless they make the final game. With 2 teams from only 4 regions in the draw pretty hard to keep it random. It has to be a selection process to a point, then random draw.

Way too logical....they'll probably put all 4 region winners on one side!!! Guess we'll find out in an hour or so! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Also ALL Privates....that can't make TSSAA very happy /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Personally there is nothing wrong with CCS Soccer field.....but....wouldn't it make sense for A/AA to play at a Div II school (GPS/Baylor) and Div II to play at CCS???? I just jave a problem with a state chmapionship being played at a contender's home field. I know thi has been this way for a LOBG time...still doens't seem right to me???

Personally there is nothing wrong with CCS Soccer field.....but....wouldn't it make sense for A/AA to play at a Div II school (GPS/Baylor) and Div II to play at CCS???? I just jave a problem with a state chmapionship being played at a contender's home field. I know thi has been this way for a LOBG time...still doens't seem right to me???

I agree. I would consider CCS a long shot for the title (though certainly capable of doing it), but I think to avoid just what you describe that A/AA game should held at Baylor, and Div 2 games should be held at A/AA.

I recommend this draw:

1. Put CAK/R2 winner on the bracket, and draw another region winner R3, R5, R7 to be on the same side of the bracket.

2. Put the other 2 region winner teams on the other side of the bracket.

3. Pick an opponent from the region runnerups to play versus CAK, but not from region already on their side of bracket.

4. Then go to the other side of bracket, and put the region runnerups with the opposite regions from the first side of bracket. Mix it up.

Example:

R2 winner vs R3 runnerup

R5 winner vs R7 runnerup

then other side of bracket -------------

R3 winner vs R7 runnerup

R7 winner vs R2 runnerup

There are probably 6 different bracket combinations from this method. Sounds fair to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSSAA better publish the draw soon, so the speculating, guessing, hoping, recommending can all be over, and hopefully won't turn into complaining, etc. HA HA HA !!! Good Luck to ALL.