6-5a playoff scenarios

offtackle

doesnt matter what it was late in the 4th it matters what the final score is. are you saying indy just bent over the rest of the 4th? either way they didnt finish the game out to the end so the final score was 41-16 so yes indy got slobber-knocked because indy couldnt finish and franklin was clicking and fighting hard to the end and thats what wins games

True, but that was early September. The key to making a run in the postseason is playing your best football at the most important time of the year, which Indy is doing. Remember Ravenwood last year? Everybody wrote them off early but they got hot in October and made a run to the Boro.

In NO way am I saying that Indy will make that kind of run, or even any run at all. I'm just saying that wins in early September carry less merit than a hot streak late. Indy defeated Franklin last September and then missed the playoffs completely.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt matter what it was late in the 4th it matters what the final score is. are you saying indy just bent over the rest of the 4th? either way they didnt finish the game out to the end so the final score was 41-16 so yes indy got slobber-knocked because indy couldnt finish and franklin was clicking and fighting hard to the end and thats what wins games

I think after that Tennessee/Houston game, no one is going to hesitate to run up the score. What makes a team keep momentum is fighting til the clock hits zero, whether youre up 30 or down 30.

I think after that Tennessee/Houston game, no one is going to hesitate to run up the score. What makes a team keep momentum is fighting til the clock hits zero, whether youre up 30 or down 30.

i agree about fighting till the clock hits zero no matter what the score is you play like you train. everytime i have ever played a bad team my coaches have told us to fight till the end and dont let up use this as a practice. if a team plays till they have a lead and let up they will be used to playing like that so when there is a close game they will be more likely to struggle. im not sayin anything about any specific games thats just my view on how a team should end a game. i was watchin the pats game this weekend and on the post game one guy brought up sportsmanship and respect in regards to running up the score and the other guy pretty much said if you cant handle it then dont play and thats how it should be never let the momentum slow

During class today, I spent time calculating region 5's playoff scenarios

Since HL is NOT being forced to forfeit those games, things are quite jumbled.

Antioch has clinched the #1 seed. That's about it.

Hunters Lane 5-1

Antioch 5-1

Hendersonville 4-2

Overton 3-3

Gallatin 3-3

McGavock 3-3

Assuming Overton beats Hillwood and Antioch beats Glencliff on Friday, here's how things would play out.

Scenario 1

Hunters Lane over Hendersonville

McGavock over Gallatin

Hunters Lane 6-1 vs.

Antioch 6-1

Hendersonville 4-3

McGavock 4-3

Scenario 2

Hunters Lane over Hendersonville

Gallatin over McGavock

Hunters Lane 6-1

Antioch 6-1

Overton 4-3

Gallatin 4-3

Scenario 3

Hendersonville over Hunters Lane

McGavock over Gallatin

Antioch 6-1

Hendersonville 5-2

Hunters Lane

McGavock 4-3

Scenario 4

Hendersonville over Hunters Lane

Gallatin over McGavock

Antioch 6-1

Hendersonville 5-2

Hunters Lane 5-2

Overton 4-3

Scenario 2 went all the way down to 4th tiebreaker (wins versus teams with winning records, which gave Overton the nod thanks to their upset of Hunters Lane).

Use the earlier post to figure out the corresponding matchups with regions 5 and 6.

You might need to recalculate. Antioch has not clinched the region crown. If Hunters Lane wins they are the champions. If they lose, then Antioch is the champion. Giving Overton and Antioch victories Friday night. Gallatin and a Hunters lane victory get Gallatin in at #4. A McGavock win and a Hunters Lane win gets them the #4. If Hendersonville wins and Gallatin wins. Hendersonville is #2 and Overton is #4. If Hendersonville wins and McGavock wins Hendersonville #2 and McGavock #4.

You might need to recalculate. Antioch has not clinched the region crown. If Hunters Lane wins they are the champions. If they lose, then Antioch is the champion. Giving Overton and Antioch victories Friday night. Gallatin and a Hunters lane victory get Gallatin in at #4. A McGavock win and a Hunters Lane win gets them the #4. If Hendersonville wins and Gallatin wins. Hendersonville is #2 and Overton is #4. If Hendersonville wins and McGavock wins Hendersonville #2 and McGavock #4.

I think all of my scenarios were right, I was just wrong about Antioch...I had started the post thinking HL forfeited and then I read the Tennessean article and had to start from scratch...I just forgot to delete that part about AHS.

Judging by the way we are playing right now I'm pretty sure that if we were to face franklin in the playoffs it would be alot different game. Your right tho, we did get beat pretty bad in early september. The game breaker was that 4th down call to go for it instead of punt it. And yea we dont have any playoff experience, but playing solid football week after week heading towards playoffs is a GREAT start. People will talk all they want about us, but when it comes down to it all we can worry about is us as a team an not what others think.

Ok, I'll make it less confusing. If FHS wins, we are in bc RHS plays DCHS Friday night. If FHS wins, the loser of the RHS/DCHS game is out. If FHS loses, then they are in if RHS beats DCHS. If that doesn't happen, FHS is out. IHS and BHS are in (BHS is baring a horrible upset to Clarsville NE).

FHS is on a nice run beating CNE, CHS, and favored DCHS away (and doing it with a solid running game and good defense) with an average score in those last 3 wins of 44-14. In the other 2 wins (IHS and MHS) the average score was 38-15. When FHS is clicking, watch out - just ask Independence.

IHS is on a nice run with 5 wins since getting slobber-knocked by FHS the 3rd week in September. The problem spot for them is a lack of an imposing offense. Their average score was 27-7 (including one team from Memphis which is 2-7 and an 0-9 team which everyone in the conference will beat at some point this season). They have won clutch games against DHCS, BHS, and RHS, though. So, if their offense gets clicking, they could be a force to reckon with in the playoffs.

DCHS is not going to be much of a playoff menace if they make it that far. Over their last 5 games their average score with a record of 2-3 has been 23.4-23.6.

RHS, has improved over the coarse of the season after a 1-4 start and should make the playoffs after beating DCHS at home this week. Their avg score over the last 5 games is 31-18. With Michael Becker at the helm, you can never count the Raptors out - ask MBA who barely squeaked out a win that looked to be well at hand with 7 minutes to go in the game and up 31-10. Most everyone counted them out and said the FHS win was a fluke, but, here they are headed to the playoffs, again.

BHS was in the same spot as RHS with a 1-4 start, but has found life headed to the playoffs, as well. The avg score in the last 5 games is 20-11. They aren't much on offense, but their defense can smother you.

I see FHS or RHS making a run at the 'SHIP, this year. Hopefully, FHS will be the one to do it (with a much less confusing number of offensive formations - and, no, it doesn't confuse defenses). This run will be anchored by a good defense, and big-play playmakers Dykes, Steele, Ford, and Lee. Also, look for Whorly across the middle and Perkins anywhere he can get his hands near a ball.

how could fhs or rhs have a run the the ship if brentwood has beat them both....i think brentwood would have a better chance

i love how everyone form franklin comes on here and say there the big guy on campus when....then havent beat any of the good team in williamson county besides indy and when they beat indy they had not found there qb...which is sophmore who is a good player....so i would give indy a win over franklin if they played each other know...i mean indy beat bwood 17 -7 and killed ravenwood...and franklin got beat by brentwood and luckly got into OVERTIME cause of a blown call that gave them a touch down.......and ravenwood ebat them so i think every thing franklin people are saying is incorrect

i love how everyone form franklin comes on here and say there the big guy on campus when....then havent beat any of the good team in williamson county besides indy and when they beat indy they had not found there qb...which is sophmore who is a good player....so i would give indy a win over franklin if they played each other know...i mean indy beat bwood 17 -7 and killed ravenwood...and franklin got beat by brentwood and luckly got into OVERTIME cause of a blown call that gave them a touch down.......and ravenwood ebat them so i think every thing franklin people are saying is incorrect

EXACTLY!! Thats what Ive been trying to say. Well put........ haha