commando coaching

neilwrong1

Am I the only person that went to the Gallatin and Hendersonville football game that thinks Hendersonville got out played and out coached. What a horrible defensive game plan - granted they got out played, but to never see any adjustments or anything is just unbelievable.

This is not the only game for Hendersonville that I have seen this year that leads me to say they have a great deal of talent but lack coaching. Example = the Station Camp game on TV - What a coaching blunder to give the ball back to SC with that much time left on the clock.

Example 2 - The Beech game - It seemed as if after the first half they couldn't adjust to what beech threw at them.

I know sometimes the kids just don't respond but it seems this coaching staff has a hard time even playing the best players. How can it be 3rd down and 3 or 4 and the Roper kid not be on the field. I've also heard the have another kid on the team that has eat up the JV defenses he's faced but can't get on the field for the varsity.

Maybe I don't know the whole story for the Commando team but it seems to be unjust what is going on with that team.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look Coach Hafield is a great coach.yes roper needs more carries and should be on the field more on offense and get more carries. But to question Hatfield is ridiculous he does more with less on a year in and year out basis than just about every coach in the state and definately in the region.Its people that question him like this on everything he does thats going to drive him away from this job.And that is going to be a travesty,he does more than just coach this team he teaches these boys lessons in life to make them men.i can understand questioning a coach we all do it,but it seems that everybody questions this staff alot more.You get out there and do what he has done with these teams he has...thats right you cant.

Hatfield has been doing the same thing for over a decade now and look where it's got him: 2 State Championship appearances, several region titles, with just one losing season(2005). Correct me if I"m wrong but I believe he's the winningest head coach in HHS history. The players respect him as well as the school.

Talent wise, HHS is far from the top, but somehow they are always sneaking into the playoffs with a winning record. Coach Hat doesn't deserve this kind of criticism.

Hatfield has been doing the same thing for over a decade now and look where it's got him: 2 State Championship appearances, several region titles, with just one losing season(2005). Correct me if I"m wrong but I believe he's the winningest head coach in HHS history. The players respect him as well as the school.

Talent wise, HHS is far from the top, but somehow they are always sneaking into the playoffs with a winning record. Coach Hat doesn't deserve this kind of criticism.

You can't tell me that this team that I have witnessed on the field for 3 games this year doesn't have talent. I saw talent that was not used as well as heard parents and fans asking about other talent not even on the field. So maybe he is a good coach, I don't know, but you also have to be a motivator and get the players to believe and follow and from what i've seen It's Not Happening.

Maybe that's because of coaching or lack of good leadership (both players and coaches). Everyone on that team needs to do a good ole fashion gut check and look in the mirror ask some questions. Ride your horses and treat them right and they will follow.

You can't tell me that this team that I have witnessed on the field for 3 games this year doesn't have talent. I saw talent that was not used as well as heard parents and fans asking about other talent not even on the field. So maybe he is a good coach, I don't know, but you also have to be a motivator and get the players to believe and follow and from what i've seen It's Not Happening.

Maybe that's because of coaching or lack of good leadership (both players and coaches). Everyone on that team needs to do a good ole fashion gut check and look in the mirror ask some questions. Ride your horses and treat them right and they will follow.

Oh by the way everyone deserves a little criticism. If taken the right way it makes us better. So take that chip off your shoulder and be open to opinions.

Bruce Hatfield is a great man with a lot of character. He and his coaching staff preach to the commandos about morals and values each and everyday. Of course there are adjustments that his coaching staff fails to see at points, but its easy to sit here on coacht and bash when we dont even know half of what it is to be a head football coach in 5A football. He gets the most out of his players every season and hendersonville is usually a tough opponent to play regardless of the talent pool. But yes, i do believe he needs to run his horses alot more and let the best players play regardless of grade. Darrien Roper should be getting atleast 20 carries a game along with cj gambino. I believe in doing just that it would create more options for hendersonvilles new "passing game" the have tried to aquire. But back to coaching, i think hes doing an ok job but i do see your point when hendersonville loses to all 3 town rivals in one season......

Oh by the way everyone deserves a little criticism. If taken the right way it makes us better. So take that chip off your shoulder and be open to opinions.

We dont have chips on our shoulders...but i played for this staff and just like most people who have we respect the coaches and what they do.And you have seen three games i have seen them all and have stood toe to toe with the players out there on that field and i know what kind of talent they have.And as far as the level of talent all the way through on the team it does not match up with anybody they play.No offense to commando players they know what im saying.There is three people on this team that could play college ball and only one is a legit prospect.

Hendersonville has a solid program yr in and yr out, no matter the talent. If you think you can do a better job coaching in a tough region, then apply for a job and see how you handle backstabbing parents. Hatfield is one of the best around, and most parents my age are very appreciative of a man trying his best to teach morals to the players. So many now are so worried about winning to keep their jobs that they turn a blind eye on a player's behavior.

By the way hvillelegend, if you don't mind me asking what yr did you play at Hendy? My son was on the OHS team of 98.

We dont have chips on our shoulders...but i played for this staff and just like most people who have we respect the coaches and what they do.And you have seen three games i have seen them all and have stood toe to toe with the players out there on that field and i know what kind of talent they have.And as far as the level of talent all the way through on the team it does not match up with anybody they play.No offense to commando players they know what im saying.There is three people on this team that could play college ball and only one is a legit prospect.

I'm going to have to call you out on that one. Under-used talent is a result of poor coaching. It's a part of coaching to know your talent and not be so stubbornn to change to use that talent to obtain victory. No matter how much respect and many times you shave stood toe to toe with them. You being the great college scout you should know that. If the talents not being used properly you can't see how many players are college (not only D1) players.

I'm going to have to call you out on that one. Under-used talent is a result of poor coaching. It's a part of coaching to know your talent and not be so stubbornn to change to use that talent to obtain victory. No matter how much respect and many times you shave stood toe to toe with them. You being the great college scout you should know that. If the talents not being used properly you can't see how many players are college (not only D1) players.

What if the great talent doesn't come to practice, is constantly playing like he is injured thru the week but a-ok at game time, or has problems with discipline in the classroom? ( Not saying this is going on there, but it could be.) So you still want them to play over a less talented player who follows team rules?

Hendersonville has a solid program yr in and yr out, no matter the talent. If you think you can do a better job coaching in a tough region, then apply for a job and see how you handle backstabbing parents. Hatfield is one of the best around, and most parents my age are very appreciative of a man trying his best to teach morals to the players. So many now are so worried about winning to keep their jobs that they turn a blind eye on a player's behavior.

By the way hvillelegend, if you don't mind me asking what yr did you play at Hendy? My son was on the OHS team of 98.

I was not trying to stab in the back when this started. I can understand the morals and all the other stuff that builds good character for these kids. It was just intended to create a discussion as to what I saw, and have seen at these games.

It's one thing to mold these kid to become men, and it's another to coach the game of football. A game we all love or we wouldn't be here right now.

Maybe it's all in the players i don't know them. But for you guys to start blasting off like this - tells me I'm not the only one to see this because you guys are so defensive.