Huntingdon @ Adamsville

utvol2

Funny how that works isn't it. When a team that is not favored wins it is always because the favored

team played lousy or they weren't on their game tonight or they were looking ahead to the playoffs,

blah, blah, blah!!!! It is never that the team they played against was just the better team that night

or they played a better game that night. Win or lose, Huntingdon will still have to play ball! Go Red Rage!

Yes, a lot of times when a big time favorite loses to a heavy underdog, it is because they played lousy. Fact is, everyone has an off night, and unless you find a way to get it done on a bad night, you lose and nothing can change it, not luck, not skill, and definately not the monday morning quarterbacks like all of us here on coacht. If you don't like being the underdog, you need to win football games.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure wish we would have taken care of buisness against Halls. Then we would be in the playoffs for sure. Yes Huntindon is suppose to win. No it won't be a blowout. Oops there I go predicting the future. It must be contagious. I don't believe Weathers will have 250 yards. There I go again....See anybody can do it. It doesn't take any qualifications. If Waverly can hold him and not our running back then we can do it. All I'm saying is that it is obvious that Huntingdon has been the better team so far this year. This is not about the obvious. This is football. The ball is shaped funny and the game is shaped funny. How many times have you seen what was supposed to happen didn't. So there is a chance for us poor CARDINALS. It is not as big of a longshot as you may think. See you at the game or proably not.

I sure wish we would have taken care of buisness against Halls. Then we would be in the playoffs for sure. Yes Huntindon is suppose to win. No it won't be a blowout. Oops there I go predicting the future. It must be contagious. I don't believe Weathers will have 250 yards. There I go again....See anybody can do it. It doesn't take any qualifications. If Waverly can hold him and not our running back then we can do it. All I'm saying is that it is obvious that Huntingdon has been the better team so far this year. This is not about the obvious. This is football. The ball is shaped funny and the game is shaped funny. How many times have you seen what was supposed to happen didn't. So there is a chance for us poor CARDINALS. It is not as big of a longshot as you may think. See you at the game or proably not.

And thats a great way of looking at it. I hope you guys get out there and play a great game. Good luck and I hope you guys get out injury free.

I just think its crazy that people get mad over predictions. They are just that- predictions. When the game is played, I'll either be wrong or right. It's all up to the eleven men on the field.

And thats a great way of looking at it. I hope you guys get out there and play a great game. Good luck and I hope you guys get out injury free.

I just think its crazy that people get mad over predictions. They are just that- predictions. When the game is played, I'll either be wrong or right. It's all up to the eleven men on the field.

Please don't misunderstand. I certainly don't get mad over any of this. I was just "predicting"and joking around just like you. If I gave you the wrong impression I truly am sorry. Just having some fun of my own. And we do need to play a great game. Not just because this game is so imprortant (and it is) but because it is a good measuring stick on how we have improved over the course of the year. Love to see a complete game on both sides of the ball and from both teams. That's the true measurement. We know it's sunny in A'ville for years to come so please don't feel sorry for us. We'll be just fine thank you very much.

If Waverly can hold him and not our running back then we can do it. All I'm saying is that it is obvious that Huntingdon has been the better team so far this year. This is not about the obvious. This is football. The ball is shaped funny and the game is shaped funny. How many times have you seen what was supposed to happen didn't. So there is a chance for us poor CARDINALS. It is not as big of a longshot as you may think. See you at the game or proably not.

First of all, I would say that Adamsville and Waverly were very evenly matched. Second, you can't assume that you will hold Weathers down because Waverly did because the night Waverly played Huntingdon, they played the best game of the year on defense. They played more physical than anytime this year in that contest. They haven't duplicated that in any games before or after it.

First of all, I would say that Adamsville and Waverly were very evenly matched. Second, you can't assume that you will hold Weathers down because Waverly did because the night Waverly played Huntingdon, they played the best game of the year on defense. They played more physical than anytime this year in that contest. They haven't duplicated that in any games before or after it.

Hey papatiger, I like that quote at the bottom of all the messages that you post! I believe it says:

"Anyone can beat anyone on any given night!" Yeah, I like that!

Yes, a lot of times when a big time favorite loses to a heavy underdog, it is because they played lousy. Fact is, everyone has an off night, and unless you find a way to get it done on a bad night, you lose and nothing can change it, not luck, not skill, and definately not the monday morning quarterbacks like all of us here on coacht. If you don't like being the underdog, you need to win football games.

Don't get your panties in a wad! I was stating my opinion just like you did! Besides it hasn't been

that long since you were on the losing end to A'ville!

I haven't seen Waverly play except when they played us. On that night we were pretty evenly matched. I can tell you this, we did not play very well that night. Waverly may not have either, but I know we did't. What I am saying is that if Waverly can stop Weathers (even if if was the best defensive night for them) A'ville is still due their best defensive night. Maybe this will be it. Papatiger you know we're allowed to hope and pray.

I haven't seen Waverly play except when they played us. On that night we were pretty evenly matched. I can tell you this, we did not play very well that night. Waverly may not have either, but I know we did't. What I am saying is that if Waverly can stop Weathers (even if if was the best defensive night for them) A'ville is still due their best defensive night. Maybe this will be it. Papatiger you know we're allowed to hope and pray.

He knows more then anybody!!

Here are some interesting stats from MaxPrep$. Out of 100 schools there are only four with a 1,000 yard passer and a 1,000 yard rusher. Ensworth with a 7-2 record (only 2 defeats coming against #1 ranked Montgomery Bell and #8 ranked Father Ryan. Bearden with a 8-1 record. A'ville with a 5-4 record. Smith County with a 8-1 record. If we would cut down on interceptions and dropped balls there is not telling where we could be. Things do look sunny. Three of those QBacks and 1 of those running backs will not be back next year. Only A'ville will keep both plus Justin will be back in the backfield next year. I'm smiling today. GO CARDINALS...................................

Here are some interesting stats from MaxPrep$. Out of 100 schools there are only four with a 1,000 yard passer and a 1,000 yard rusher. Ensworth with a 7-2 record (only 2 defeats coming against #1 ranked Montgomery Bell and #8 ranked Father Ryan. Bearden with a 8-1 record. A'ville with a 5-4 record. Smith County with a 8-1 record. If we would cut down on interceptions and dropped balls there is not telling where we could be. Things do look sunny. Three of those QBacks and 1 of those running backs will not be back next year. Only A'ville will keep both plus Justin will be back in the backfield next year. I'm smiling today. GO CARDINALS...................................

We should have a little more depth @ several positions next year. Hopefully we can get the new

running backs coming up some experience while Justin and James are still here! The receivers

will also have a little more maturity on their side! If we don't win next year, can't blame it on

youth!

We should have a little more depth @ several positions next year. Hopefully we can get the new

running backs coming up some experience while Justin and James are still here! The receivers

will also have a little more maturity on their side! If we don't win next year, can't blame it on

youth!

Experience will be a lot better next year. My hope is that we'll get a little more help on the line. From what I understand, the 8th graders are a talented bunch coming up. So everything looks good . We have to have a more aggressive defense and I think that will automatically happen with the returning players...GO CARDINALS.......