Region 8

werazzlin

I believe that region 8 will be a whole lot better this season. Most of the teams were very young last season. I think the whole region has the ability to make some noise this season? Anyone else agree? Who are some guys to watch for this year? Teams are Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Springfield, Lebanon, Lavergne, Smyrna, Greenbrier, White House, Friendship christian, Beech. No order just the list of teams in the region.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that region 8 will be a whole lot better this season. Most of the teams were very young last season. I think the whole region has the ability to make some noise this season? Anyone else agree? Who are some guys to watch for this year? Teams are Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Springfield, Lebanon, Lavergne, Smyrna, Greenbrier, White House, Friendship christian, Beech. No order just the list of teams in the region.

Well, as far as state goes.....We are a weak region! I am not saying that we

won't have some who place, but we have a long way to go. As far as individual

kids, GL Waynick (FC) has placed. I would like to see Brett J. to see if he has

hardened up @ 189? He knew what to do last year, but the core strength of others

was hard to deal with for a freshman.

I would also like to see our region 8 guys as a group progress further @ state. By Christmas,

we will have a better idea how our kids stack up against the rest of the state. I will be watching

Nov. 17th @ Antioch. Who has the eye of the tiger???

hardened up @ 189? He knew what to do last year, but the core strength of others

I would also like to see our region 8 guys as a group progress further @ state. By Christmas,

we will have a better idea how our kids stack up against the rest of the state. I will be watching

how many region 8 teams will be at Antioch on the 17th. Beech will be there. who else?

Yeah. i have to agree. i was shocked to see how fast most of the Regions Studs were out in the first round.

The only Tiger most of these young men are wanting to see is

"Tony the Tiger!"

I know my young lad has not seen a bowl of cereal for a week or so! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Springfield lost quite a few, the Jones twins, the heavyweight M. Scott, and a few others.

I think the 103 Shelton, 119 Pendley(last yr 112), and 145 Cobb should all be contenders to go to state this yr.

Hows the new coach looking? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

2007 STATE QUAL-

Austin Large-103, Joseph Jones - 112, Ryan Treloar - 119, Drake Townsend - 125, Brandon Tucker - 145, Drew Hardwick - 171, Brett Jaeckel - 189 -

TEAM - REGION CHAMPIONS - Top 12 in STATE

The Commando's sent 7 to state last year and could have had 9. (Sergio/Turner)

They lost 2 senior's and have 4 Seniors this year!

Should be a fun year!

W.C. (hwt) will go far if he stays healthy, gets in some long matches, and

seeds better than last year @ State. Frasier (sp?) from Smyrna...WOW! I saw

him this summer, he will be TOUGH! These are just a couple more guys that should

do well this year!