Antioch

Icy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, but I think they will play White Station this year in a tournament.

I only ask just because I heard from someone that Oakland is on the schedule. Not that it will have any bearing on whether or not they will win state or not, they are probably middle tennssee's best chance to win the gold ball in AAA, and I think their chance multiplied when they were able to hire Nollner away from Whites Creek.

If the new coach would have been hired 2 years ago, I would say that they would definitley win this year. Unfortunately, you can't make everything right in one season. If they do win (and they ahve the talent to do it), then the coach deserves the "coach on the decade" award.

good point /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i would say that Clarksville High has about as good a chance as anyone in middle tennessee, as well as the state....they return the leading score and a few more....they should be tough.... I will say though that Antioch extremely tall (tajh wells, micheal mcadoo,etc) and athletic ( several gurads)....they have the ablitity to do whatever they feel like.....but as for a winning state that is a stretch.....I has been a while seen they have even been their, let alone win anything...The good thing is, I see the competition in 3A being more even this year just like it was last year.....In years past, whatever team would make it out of Reg 8 3A would win the state.....the athletes down there are on every corner....unrealllllll /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will add a little insight to Antioch Bball. They are improved over last year, not just age wise, but of the players that are now on the team. The Bears lost 3 players, all guards. This year they have picked up bigger guards, more size, and watch out for a 10th grader that may crack the starting lineup. Anything less than state is a failure.

I saw Antioch last year at the Arbys Classic and I have to say that although I was impressed with their skill, esp. McAdoo, Wells, and Upton, Their attitudes towards people from the host school was unacceptable. I saw one confrontation including a student from Tennessee High and McAdoo and Upton that from my understanding is what is keeping them from being allowed back in the Arbys. Wells was the only one during this was behaved. I dont know if the student started this but I know that if he was my son and I saw another person say he wsa going to shoot him. There would be sever punishment. But anyways, I do think since they are returning the majority of their starters that they have an excellent chance at state. And with all sincerity, I wish them the best of luck. It is a shame that they could not control themselves last year because they were a thrill to watch.