Phillip Simpson Clinic in Nashville

MLK

GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO JUMP START YOUR PRE-SEASON

Phillip Simpson All-American, U.S. Military National Champion, EIWA Champion, International Competitorwill hold a wrestling clinic at the Cool Springs, D-1 facility in Franklin on November 24th from noon to 3pm.

Cost: $35. Contact: 615-778-000

• 3 weeks later...

From what I understand, D-1 spent most of the Camp pushing their facilities. It was more D-I than Simpson.

Then they were chased out for Mex Soccer!

I wasn't there but thats what I got back from the young men we had there.

Well I have to agree with you. Approx 1.5 hrs showing the boys how

to Squat, D.lift, and Powerclean. So I spent 35.00 for 1.5 hrs of Mr. Simpsons time.

The Mex soccer was probably on the books for a long time.

My son did learn in the 1.5 hrs

Well I have to agree with you. Approx 1.5 hrs showing the boys how

to Squat, D.lift, and Powerclean. So I spent 35.00 for 1.5 hrs of Mr. Simpsons time.

The Mex soccer was probably on the books for a long time.

My son did learn in the 1.5 hrs

Did your son know how to squat, dead lift and power clean properly before the clinic, because most high school athletes do not? I am not trying to defend D1 or Philip Simpson (those guys are able to take care of themself) but lifting and strength have become major factors in training for wrestling in today's world. Maybe it's just me but the cost of $35.00 sounds very reasonable for a three hour clinic.

I did not see the actual advertisement for Phillip S. ? but what was on this post at the top says "will hold a wrestling clinic" maybe they should have been a little more clear on what they were offering. I thought it was a little off just because three hours isn't much time to hold much of a clinic, unless only a few kids show up. I think most kids are taught proper technique while in school, however many do not actually use it for one reason or another. I have been round and round with mine and he still thinks his way is best.

Did your son know how to squat, dead lift and power clean properly before the clinic, because most high school athletes do not? I am not trying to defend D1 or Philip Simpson (those guys are able to take care of themself) but lifting and strength have become major factors in training for wrestling in today's world. Maybe it's just me but the cost of $35.00 sounds very reasonable for a three hour clinic.

I was happy to spend 35.00 for a wrestling clinic. I should have realized that

this was going to be a pitch by D1 to the wrestling community. There are many

ways to workout for wrestling. Every college has there own program. My son

is only in the 10th grade and this is his second year to wrestle. He did learn

wrestling at this clinic!

He is also a powerlifter and squats with a wide stance and deadlifts

(conventional) with over/under grip. If I had known that they were going to

spend 1.5 hrs on lifting, I would have stayed home.

I know that kids learned about lifting, but we were @ D1 for a wrestling clinic.

HSDAD If you want your money ask. My child was there and I was very impressed.

No, like a said in the previous post. My son did learn and i was happy to spend

"My son is only in the 10th grade and this is his second year to wrestle. He did learn

wrestling at this clinic!"

I was just stating a fact that we would have passed if I knew they were

going to spend 1/2 the time on lifting.

My guess would be they knew that as well. I think the Simpsons are a great source

of knowledge and could teach anyone. We enjoy their wrestling camps in the summer.

I thought we were going to a short three hour mini camp to review and learn.

I don't think they advertised it as a "Lifting and Wrestling" clinic?

OR

WRESTLING SUCCESS....Weight training for the high school wrestler?

I am not unhappy, just replied to my friend Rigger who was not in attendance.