Campbell Co. @ William Blount

WB's defense played out of their head last week. If Campbell County will just throw the ball, they will win. The Governors do not stop the pass very well.

Are you being serious? The govs defense leads the state in interceptions with 26. Don Cope 8,Brad Cochran 6, Chase Helton 4, Grey Clevenger 3, Tyler Burstrum 2, will Irwin 2, and Mason Howard with 1. If thats not stopping the pass im not sure what is.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you being serious? The govs defense leads the state in interceptions with 26. Don Cope 8,Brad Cochran 6, Chase Helton 4, Grey Clevenger 3, Tyler Burstrum 2, will Irwin 2, and Mason Howard with 1. If thats not stopping the pass im not sure what is.

Interceptions don't really mean that much.. This year for college football in D-1A. South Carolina has the best pass defense allowing 149.2ypg , but they are tied for 34 in intercetptions with 12. Cincinnati is in first in interceptions with 21, but they are 105th in pass defense allowing 270ypg.

Interceptions don't really mean that much.. This year for college football in D-1A. South Carolina has the best pass defense allowing 149.2ypg , but they are tied for 34 in intercetptions with 12. Cincinnati is in first in interceptions with 21, but they are 105th in pass defense allowing 270ypg.

yea your right there pass defense is not good... if i was campbell county i would throw the ball everywhere, especially to wb's left were they are the weakest...

I am not saying that WB's pass defense is bad. I am just saying you can't say they are the best because they have the most interceptions...

Statistics are not always a reflection of reality.... One of the most misleading with the evolution of the passing game is "time of posession". A running team can control the clock, but a well balanced team can control the clock and the scoreboard.....

We only have them with 22 interceptions.

We only have them with 22 interceptions.

I think he's already including the playoff game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Just joking.

Cougar fans .... have a safe trip down on what seems to be shaping up as a brisk fall night.

Statistics are not always a reflection of reality.... One of the most misleading with the evolution of the passing game is "time of posession". A running team can control the clock, but a well balanced team can control the clock and the scoreboard.....

I understand that, but his only reasoning for them being able to stop the pass was because they had 26 interceptions... If you are going to say a team is possibly the best in the state at something provide a little more information than we have the most interceptions. Maybe if he had some stats, i know they aren't a reflection of reality, but with enough of them about the same thing it can be a good reflection, but some stats like avg. passing yards given up per game or how many times teams have passed against them and their completion %. My whole point was just to say that just because a team is the best in the state at interceptions does not automatically mean they can stop the pass. I believe I proved that by giving you the #s for college this year. There is more to stopping the pass than interceptions. And besides if stats are not always a reflection of reality then why are you not getting on him for saying that is why they are good at stopping the pass? Him saying they have 26 interceptions is a stat.... Possibly a wrong one, but a still a stat.

I understand that, but his only reasoning for them being able to stop the pass was because they had 26 interceptions... If you are going to say a team is possibly the best in the state at something provide a little more information than we have the most interceptions. Maybe if he had some stats, i know they aren't a reflection of reality, but with enough of them about the same thing it can be a good reflection, but some stats like avg. passing yards given up per game or how many times teams have passed against them and their completion %. My whole point was just to say that just because a team is the best in the state at interceptions does not automatically mean they can stop the pass. I believe I proved that by giving you the #s for college this year. There is more to stopping the pass than interceptions. And besides if stats are not always a reflection of reality then why are you not getting on him for saying that is why they are good at stopping the pass? Him saying they have 26 interceptions is a stat.... Possibly a wrong one, but a still a stat.

I may have an understanding of why you "_havenofriendzz" ......... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...... I was not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ..... I was just putting in my "two cents worth" wich is usally worth much less. At the moment things are kinda busy here, ( shhh.... I'm at work) but if things slack a little I will take a look at the the yds./gm., # of attemps/ completions, ect... and get back to you...

That being said, it is my "opinion" that they have played the pass very well... This only an opinion and not to be confused with a hypothosis or therum as I have no statitcs to back it up at this time.....

GO GOVS

I may have an understanding of why you "_havenofriendzz" ......... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ...... I was not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ..... I was just putting in my "two cents worth" wich is usally worth much less. At the moment things are kinda busy here, ( shhh.... I'm at work) but if things slack a little I will take a look at the the yds./gm., # of attemps/ completions, ect... and get back to you...

That being said, it is my "opinion" that they have played the pass very well... This only an opinion and not to be confused with a hypothosis or therum as I have no statitcs to back it up at this time.....

GO GOVS

Ok and I was not agreeing or disgreeing with yankees0two.. I was just putting in my two cents about how there is more to defense than just who has the most interceptions.......

there is more to defense than just who has the most interceptions.......

Amen brother amen.....

Hey "haveno"

Didn't have time to dig up the stats.... Things got busy... I guess thats why they call it work... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

agianst william blounts defense offenses have thrown for 2 touchdowns and 700 yards....1 touchdown and 250 of those yards coming agianst maryville