FridayMainEvent

Pick the Winner  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Winner

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for eight weeks this year, I went with the Tim McGraw look (or Waylon Jennings as Butchie says) and my lucky Black Cowboy hat worked well! Then came Jo Byrns:

My team looked awful and I started questioning all the silly superstitions I'd often criticized others for having. Could if possibly be that my Lucky Hat was no longer doing the trick?

I decided to experiment the following week on the road trip to White House Heritage. I wore an Orange Cascade baseball cap. The team looked rather unimpressive the first half, so I decided at that point in time I was being silly about the superstitions and what I wore to a football game had little to do with the outcome. I began to secretly snicker at myself for thinking something so ridiculous. I had several people ask me that night, "Where's the Cowboy hat?" to which I responded, " We loss last week, so I'm no longer obligated to wear it."

Last night knowing now how silly I was to have these crazy superstitions, I brought the Cowboy hat back out. I walked around comfortably last night knowing that Nathan Armstrongs Granny was happy that Tim McGraw was back on the sideline. We went up early 7-0 and Tim was feeling good about himself. Then the defense started giving up some big runs. I started thinking to myself, "Could the jinx of the Black Cowboy hat be coming back?" Collinwood moved effortlessly down the field and tied the game up. I then turned into Earl Campbell and plowed through the crowded bleachers from my top row seat, hitting the ground running. I made my way out to the parking lot where my now "LUCKY" baseball cap laid on the dashboard of my car. I flung old "Tim McGraw" in the backseat and proudly walked back into The Stadium with what would surely turn the momentum back to my Champions, The Lucky BaseBall Cap! Cascade quickly scored two more first half touchdowns and my suspicions were confirmed. I am a superstitious sports junky with a very low IQ, but rest assured, The Lucky Baseball Cap will be making the journey to "The Jungle" next Friday night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off i have to say nice job Cascade . It seemed that after we gashed you on that first scoring drive we just lost intrest or something , ( i told my buddy you met that ( 100.00 $ says he done trashed the black hat and went for the cap ) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Was i the only one that seen our team just lose intrest ? Our team just went into slow motion out there , our # 10 cramps up 3 times ,, what was that he hasnt cramped all year . just ment to be i guess. It was great seeing you Cascade 11 ,(thought you would be a little taller ) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Yall were a class act and want to say good luck with MP . I guess you could tell i can still pick the truck up /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .. Go Trojans

I told you!!! It,s going to be alot different vs. MP. They are going to be ready to play! Collinwood wasn't !!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You hit the nail on the head Rattler, Not taking anything from Cascade , they did what it took to beat us . Will try to come watch the Cascade /MP game next Friday . oh yeah ,, the kiker needs a name /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> he is the best one i seen in a long time BUt MOMO???? ,, whats that ....he can sure kik the air out of it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> he needs to kik Marko like that to have a chance next week ,, lol Good luck

I was great meeting you, prederat and the other guys too. Congrats to the Champions on the win. The Trojans shot themselves in the foot with turnovers and the Champions made good of it. They are a good team that showed good sportsmanship.

Congrats to the Trojans on a great season. You guys played your hearts out each and every game. Enjoyed getting to cover you guys this year and looking forward to next season. Good luck to all the seniors in life and enjoyed watching you guys play the last 4 years.

I'd like to make it to the game next week but we have a basketball game next Friday night and it's time to start covering them on the web site. Ezell-Harding is coming to town.

It was great meeting you as well, and that goes for sidetrain, chuncky_d and friend! Good to see Greenman as a coach, he looks like he belongs there for sure!

First off i have to say nice job Cascade . It seemed that after we gashed you on that first scoring drive we just lost intrest or something , ( i told my buddy you met that ( 100.00 $ says he done trashed the black hat and went for the cap ) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Was i the only one that seen our team just lose intrest ? Our team just went into slow motion out there , our # 10 cramps up 3 times ,, what was that he hasnt cramped all year . just ment to be i guess. It was great seeing you Cascade 11 ,(thought you would be a little taller ) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Yall were a class act and want to say good luck with MP . I guess you could tell i can still pick the truck up /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> .. Go Trojans

That's the second reference to my height in the last couple of weeks. Ya'll are starting to give me a complex.

I think Brad Paisley must of wrote that song about me. I guess I'm 6'5" and drive a masarotii as long as I'm sitting at this keyboard. Ohh, by the way, you are a pretty good size fella, but I do believe I was a little taller than you, Shorty! Seriously, I enjoyed meeting you and your buddy. I hope ya'll are able to make it over to the Jungle Friday night!

We talked to the cook at the Cracker Barrel and got him to put water pills in the hamburger steak... just kidding... it probably wasn't what he ate Friday but more likely what he ate or drank Wed. or Thur. He did go down 2-3 times and he could have made a difference... he is a player.

You hit the nail on the head Rattler, Not taking anything from Cascade , they did what it took to beat us . Will try to come watch the Cascade /MP game next Friday . oh yeah ,, the kiker needs a name /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> he is the best one i seen in a long time BUt MOMO???? ,, whats that ....he can sure kik the air out of it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> he needs to kik Marko like that to have a chance next week ,, lol Good luck

His name is Matthew. He picked up the nickname MoMo when he was two and it has just stuck. More people know him by his nickname than his real name.