JCS @ Milan

Gocart

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...Let's break this down...If Milan plays like they played against Westview the game is over by far. Milan 30 - Wview 24. Sounds like the Dawgs allowed Wview some movement to score the 24 and then I here a question in the secondary and safety. Again, I repeat. The JCS defense is healthy and JCS's secondary and safety are some of the best in the business. With Milan thumping on all cylinders the most they should score is 14 - 21. If the JCS offense comes out balanced and is able to defeat the Dawgs blitz attack, then the points will hit the board and you will see a heck of a ball game. JCS by 3. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Is this a D that gave up about 50 to Trenton in yalls biggest game of the season? Martin's defensive is twice the D yall have, and we scored at will on them. Coleman if finally healthy, and he can run the ball. Also, look for Milan to go shotgun ala the Huntingdon game before Coleman got hurt (BTW we were scoring at will in the shotgun with Coleman against Huntingdon.)

Half pads on Monday. Full pads Tuesday. Half pads Wednesday. Helmet Thursday.

GCPIONEER--- JCS had the same practice schedule as Milan sounds like--- Half-Full-Half-Helmet... By the way, Milan fans I think some of the people predicting these scores in favor of JCS are more anti-Milan than pro-JCS. I don't recognize any of these names as JCS fans. They might be JCS fans but I'm thinking they are probably just people trying to get a rise out of Milan fans. JCS fans normally talk about the weather, answer questions and talk about how good our opponent is. Oh, and of course, we talk about how much we love this game of football! It's going to be an awesome night tomorrow! Perfect football weather...

Is this a D that gave up about 50 to Trenton in yalls biggest game of the season? Martin's defensive is twice the D yall have, and we scored at will on them. Coleman if finally healthy, and he can run the ball. Also, look for Milan to go shotgun ala the Huntingdon game before Coleman got hurt (BTW we were scoring at will in the shotgun with Coleman against Huntingdon.)

No it is not the same "D" that gave up 42 to Trenton. We were missing our middle linebacker (the heart and soul of our defense) with a broken arm---had two linebackers in positions they had never played. (Kendal Harper and Trenton Offense vs. Linebackers out of position = 42-7 Blowout...) We were also missing our Free Safety and a defensive tackle. Martin's defense probably is twice the D we have.. But I don't think it was a JCS fan that made the comment you responded to...

This kid with the broken arm, out for tomm. night too?

Scared to say after some of the comments about some other player earlier. No, I'm really not sure. Rumor is that he will... But, I'm not certain. We had several of our starters nursing wounds last week that didn't dress out for the Dresden game but I think everyone is healthy this week. That was a welcome game for us. The starters that did play left the game after the first series in the 3rd quarter. We played all subs from 10 minute point in 3rd Quarter on... 2-A football has certainly taken a toll on our boys. I know my boy is having a harder time getting out of bed on Saturday morning. Good thing is that it keeps them out of trouble on Friday night. After the Peabody game I had four of the starters at my house, we were sitting talking about the game, they were all snoozing in their seats by 11:00. It was hilarious.

Milan definitely has a rough road to a possible Semi-Final/State matchup. Just a brutal schedule. I agree with you, definitely, JCS got a good breather last week with Dresden....A good chance to get some people healthy for the playoffs. Milan , biased or not, really brought it to Westview...You check the rushing stats and first downs. I think it was 16-8 in First downs in favor of Milan. So I wouldn't say the game really wore Milan out.. Maybe emotionally it did. That is a possibility. But if Westview beats Peabody..they play a no name next week, only to prepare for a Milan/JCS/Huntingdon opponent. Clearly they have the "easiest" road to a Semifinal. I think Milan can make a good run. I believe it starts up front, running behind Brent Hanson. I think that is a big key for Friday night. Milan needs to play a "keep away" game from Hudson and have long "grinded out" drives with Gilbert. He is going to have to put Milan on his back and carry the rock.

This game will have radio play by play coverage from TWO stations. For a JCS slant, tune into Newsradio 1390, WTJS-AM out of Jackson. Stan Gerard and Jim Butler will call all of the action. It will also be simulcast on www.wtjs.com.

If you would like to hear the Milan slant on the game, tune into Supertalk 97.7. Sam McElroy will have the play by play for the Milan fans.

both stations will begin their pre-game shows at 6:30pm.

Which ever station you listen to, enjoy the broadcast!