Lenoir City "Fans"

dr137600

I have been away from the computer for a few days and something i have read on another thread upsets me. The thoght of a coach calling a kid a loser in any form is wrong. If I were the Head coach i would fire this assistant on the spot. This is how strongly I feel about this. If our headcoach knows this is going on and condones it he should be fired also. Not to mention all the other reasons he should be dismissed.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been away from the computer for a few days and something i have read on another thread upsets me. The thoght of a coach calling a kid a loser in any form is wrong. If I were the Head coach i would fire this assistant on the spot. This is how strongly I feel about this. If our headcoach knows this is going on and condones it he should be fired also. Not to mention all the other reasons he should be dismissed.

I would like to know if this is factual and not just a rumor.

Like i said negative fan for the first time in 7 or 8 years the freshmen team had a winning record. I dont know, but I think that would be called an improvement. So just go ahead and say so

Yes the freshmen team had a winning record this season but alot of the credit should go to the new freshmen coach. Coach Wendell coaches with enthusiasm and coaches effort .This is something the varsity program is severely lacking.

I would like to know if this is factual and not just a rumor.

Wow some of you people know more then the players man it shocks me some time it really does. But it wouldn’t surprise me that things of this nature go on. One thing I can say the program needs is a example for the kids. If you have ever played football or watched or been on a sideline or even in a practice , Something’s aren’t always the nicest things said. Going as far as saying something of the nature of calling someone or a group of people a loser probly isn’t the best choice of words. I mean I can see the mans anger in that they spend 5 days a week for about 4/5 of the year using there personal time to end up 0-10 and 1-19 in the past two years. Last year there were alot of tuff losses that were by missed field goals or missed chances or bad timing on when cretin things happen. Last year the team lost 6 players witch most of them started and the ones who didn’t start played alot. Witch that’s tuff , Loosing some of your closest friends and think you can just play the rest of the season as good as you did before. This season the team went threw ALOT of people getting hurt. Reading some comments on the teams they played , Some people saying amazing how one of them was even walking. The team lost about 10 people to injury some not all season and some for the rest of the year. That’s tuff because when you hear of the rival game at Loudon were you had two starting linemen get hurt. And the team comes out after that and scores to make it 14-7 and gives up another big play. The game to the players was allot closer to the players than it was on the scoreboard and in the stands . There were two players that played almost the whole game with major concussions , You can ask them about it today and they barely remember it. Just to try to keep there team in the game. That’s heart , Something this team hasn’t ever took the field with out. Now not to say they haven’t gone out there with a high doubt there going to loose , But they never quit and never stopped believing in each other. This off season another year starts for the ones left , The class before them left a legacy of Work , Relentless Perseverance and enough heart to power a generation. They know it wont be easy but the game isn’t completely won on Fridays. Because if it was then they wouldn’t of had a total of almost 40 people at the end of the season. You have to work hard through the months were you would usually sit back and go watch a basketball game or go out on the lake with your friends. Its not little league for this young team anymore. This season "YOUTH IS NOT AN EXCUSE ANYMORE!" for Lenoir city. The time is near to start building to having a winning season , Do I personally believe Nick White can do it himself , Not at all. You put one man under the pressure of a group of young men and tell him to have a winning season. Id bet the house he cant do it. And if he can hes in the wrong job. But the point im getting at its not about the Head Coach because I know he takes alot of the hits for this team even if its not on the field. Its about the people you put your self around. Sometimes its best to cut some loose and sometimes its best to call back old school guys that haven’t coached since the 80's. I personally belive that Coach White and team can have a WINNING season this year, But like I said Its about who you put your self around.But its time for the Panthers to have a winning season , Thanks for a great year of support in 2007 , I hope you’ll come support them when they need it most. Thank you

We can all say what we want but the fact is this, this performance record would not hold up in any profession and no group of fans would be satisfied with any part of this record. I would be willing to bet that if Maryville went the next 4 years with the record that LC has, the talk about the coach there wouldn't be pretty either, even with a winning record in the past. Coaching is a job, yes you have to be a teacher to be a head coach, and most assistants are teachers, but coaching is a seperate job. Job evaluations do not take into account anythng but the facts that are present, no excuses, no blaming others, just your job performance. If these teachers had the sucess rate in the classroom that their football team does, they would be let go by the administration. There have been other threads on this board talking about giving everyone getting a trophy even if they don't win, saying the players must perform their job well to earn a trophy, well the trophy for a coach is getting to keep coaching. Coaches have been fired, let go , forced to resign/retire every year, I would guess, since sports started having coaches. Anyone who enters this profession and thinks it will be different for them is wrong. Have good decent men that the players and parents like been fired, yes they have, ask the basketball coach from a couple of years ago. In every profession there is an evaluation to see if the person is performing up to a level they should be, coaching is no different.

Today at 2:00 pm head coach Nick White called his men to a meeting , And renounced himself as the head football coach of lenoir city high school. It cought me off guad when he said it and could belive what I had just heard. I mean I had heard things like everyone has but never thought he would tell us that he has made the choice to resigne. Just to be totally honest , At times I was like everyone of you all when it came to talking about this program , Everything that I said wasnt always postive or was it always how I thought it was going to turn out. Just like this , Last night I stayed up giveing my side of the story on the bus ride and personal opinion on what I thought the team could do and wouldnt do. But one thing I guess that I couldnt see that was right in front of my eyes was that Nick White wasnt just a coach , He was a friend. And its just like senoir night all over but you didnt see this one leaveing. In the meeting he said "It is time for someone else to take a shot at it , I just hope that I can say I got you all started in the right direction. But even tho im leaveing I want you take promise me that youll do anything for who ever comes along". I promised him I would and I dont plan giveing up but n the years I have been here ive never seen Nick White cry or show alot of emotion , But when he said this he almost burst into tears , And he finally let his guard down. Kinda showed me that he wasnt just someone I could talk to when the times are rough or I just wanted to give up. But someone that has problems just like I do. I guess what im geting at , This group of men is currently without a leader. They still have there guidence and there heart , but they dont have anyone to protect them from all of the hits they take off the feild. No one currently knows who is going to take the place of "Head Coach" at Lenoir City. But to end this I guess that I wanted to get something out , Its been a honor to play for someone that cared more about there team then there own family , Some of the choices made werent always the best ones , But I stud by you when times were rough and I will stand by when its over. Thanks Coach.

Nice post Speedzone. I agree, Coach White is a nice person that probably deserved better. I am sure he did all he could to make LCHS a winning program, however, sometimes things don't work out and change is best for everyone. Coach White will be fine in whatever he decides to do and LCHS Football will move forward as well. THe players need to realize that winning next season starts right now. THey should be working out to get bigger, stronger and faster. If tey sit back and wait until this summer, it will be too late. Hang in there and keep giving 110% and you will see the results next season.

Nice post Speedzone. I agree, Coach White is a nice person that probably deserved better. I am sure he did all he could to make LCHS a winning program, however, sometimes things don't work out and change is best for everyone. Coach White will be fine in whatever he decides to do and LCHS Football will move forward as well. THe players need to realize that winning next season starts right now. THey should be working out to get bigger, stronger and faster. If tey sit back and wait until this summer, it will be too late. Hang in there and keep giving 110% and you will see the results next season.

You have to work hard through the months were you would usually sit back and go watch a basketball game or go out on the lake with your friends. Its not little league for this young team anymore. This season "YOUTH IS NOT AN EXCUSE ANYMORE!" for Lenoir city. The time is near to start building to having a winning season.

I posted that yesterday befor all of this happen , and I know coach white will come out with more then we give him credit for hes not as dumb as he looks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> but your right now is the time to start building , We just have to wait to work out /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You have to work hard through the months were you would usually sit back and go watch a basketball game or go out on the lake with your friends. Its not little league for this young team anymore. This season "YOUTH IS NOT AN EXCUSE ANYMORE!" for Lenoir city. The time is near to start building to having a winning season.

I posted that yesterday befor all of this happen , and I know coach white will come out with more then we give him credit for hes not as dumb as he looks /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> but your right now is the time to start building , We just have to wait to work out /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

No reason to wait to work out. Why wait on a new coach? YOu can work out on your own.