Meigs Cty @ Station Camp

necole1790

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing about the 4a region, but I can say this about Meigs, they will fight you till the end. I call this game close, either team.

The same can be said about Station Camp. Twice we've been down on the road at tough places (Beech and White House) both times we came back to win, and if you look at those two teams you can see how good a thing that is.

Even if Station Camp is down at the half, the 2nd half our team just seems to come out stronger than before.

What does Station Camp have?

A D line that is not happy with a stop, more than one guy will make sure you're at the bottom of a pile. A qb that is little and hard to see under center, and he has a pass that can thread a needle. Many choices of receivers that make unbelievable catches, and a kicker that puts it through when he even gets a whiff of the goal posts. They have had two outstanding years of running through the region beating everyone except Pearl Cohn (who has a the future UK qb at their helm and serious speed). Station Camp has speed of their own in their running backs, but the problem is knowing which one will have the ball.

As always we have pretty good running backs. We don't have a speed back, since Bailey is still out, but the ones still healthy are workhorses, specially Cervantes and Tope. They can pound it up the middle or take it to the outside for the first down. And yea Johnson does seem to get lost behind the offensive line, and he can scramble for a first if need too, but hasn't done that much this year really. Also have a good reciever group lead by Moore, Cartwright, and Barker.

And speaking of Barker, he is a tremendous defensive player, I think he has 10 or so sacks on the year. And if the Meigs QB isn't careful, his pass might get picked off by Gregory. Meigs could also be in for a long night if they run the ball alot, the D line has been solid for most of the year, with possibly WH being the only team to have decent success on us.

As for our kicker, so far this year when the team has needed him he has come through. Kicked 37 yard field goal on the road at White House to give us the lead and my personal favorite, a 33 yard field goal to beat 5A Hendersonville as time expired in Week 0.