Greenbrier vs. McMinn Central

GreenbrierCat2

They just won't have the playmakers at quarterback like those SHS teams had.

Thats the difference in mcminn central teams in past and the mcminn central team now.... in the past they had play makers(individuals), but the team now is a team they dont have play makers it doesn't matter who you call on or who gets the football the kids aren't selfish and they do it as a team... so if greenbrier keys in on who they think the play makers are then it will be a field day at blue nation.........

my perdiction is mcminn central 28 greenbrier 14

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like a greenbrier fan stated in a earler post about there region .the 3-3a region is alot like region 4-3a anyone of these team could have won the region it was that close and these four teams play each other very close and very tough .with that said DONT think mc will roll over for you.and if #7 is not playing it will not hurt them much and being from region 3-3a i,m pulling for central >>>>>>>>mc 24 gb 14.smokey would be nice to meet you guys later in the playoffs.good luck

I agree. It sounds like both regions are very competative. Central has a lot of weapons, and have fought hard to win the region. The apponents they have beat are very worthy, so I am sure they are expecting a dog fight. I think the first round will tell the tell if either region is dominant. I would love to see round 2 of Polk county and Central, so I predict Central by 12.

Sorry but he cannot play friday night. As I understand the rules if ejected for any reason a player is out for the current game plus the next. It does not matter if he was fighting or not. Didn't he get ejected for cussing the refs?

He was NOT ejected he was confined to the sidelines, look that one up ... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

like a greenbrier fan stated in a earler post about there region .the 3-3a region is alot like region 4-3a anyone of these team could have won the region it was that close and these four teams play each other very close and very tough .with that said DONT think mc will roll over for you.and if #7 is not playing it will not hurt them much and being from region 3-3a i,m pulling for central >>>>>>>>mc 24 gb 14.smokey would be nice to meet you guys later in the playoffs.good luck

so is that how the brackets are set up for sure? if polk and central win in the first round it will be polk at central? if that is so then it would be a HUGE game! being a central fan i would love to see that, but in a way i wouldn't!!! it would be real tough to beat polk twice in the same year!! i hope it happens though! good luck to polk co and all the teams in region 3....lets prove that we are a good region. GO CHARGERS central 26 greenbrier 20

If you think Central doesn't have a playmaker at QB then you will be very suprised Friday night. The QB is very mobile and can evade the rush and maintain his composure enough to find an open WR. Central is very versatile, they came out against Polk in the 2nd half and ran the wishbone for about 7 yards a pop. Don't be suprised if this one gets out of hand, advantage MC. And Central is very opportunistic, just ask Polk.

Well according to what I'm reading from McMinn, they sound like a mirror of Greenbrier. OUr QB is smart and we have boys that have played together since they were pee-wee in more than one sport so there are no rivals on our team, therefore they play as one and if you're thinking you can key on one number, think again. Our defense can sack better than the boy at the grocery store so this is going to be an interesting game. If McMinn is focusing on a Polk County rematch and thinking because we're #4 that we don't matter, that's fine with us. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well according to what I'm reading from McMinn, they sound like a mirror of Greenbrier. OUr QB is smart and we have boys that have played together since they were pee-wee in more than one sport so there are no rivals on our team, therefore they play as one and if you're thinking you can key on one number, think again. Our defense can sack better than the boy at the grocery store so this is going to be an interesting game. If McMinn is focusing on a Polk County rematch and thinking because we're #4 that we don't matter, that's fine with us. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

its central, not mcminn! central does have many weapons, but if you had to pick one to keep an eye on, it better be #10 ryan slack. when his offensive line opens the hole, he runs through it like a mad man and it takes more than one to get him down. and if you cn get to centrals qb then you have some athletes on defense...the only team that had a little success getting to him was howard. and trust me central is 't looking ahead you guys...come on, its the playoffs!!! GO CHARGERS!!!

If you think Central doesn't have a playmaker at QB then you will be very suprised Friday night. The QB is very mobile and can evade the rush and maintain his composure enough to find an open WR. Central is very versatile, they came out against Polk in the 2nd half and ran the wishbone for about 7 yards a pop. Don't be suprised if this one gets out of hand, advantage MC. And Central is very opportunistic, just ask Polk.

There was several times during the Polk game when the QB, Jackson was shaken, sacked and dropped for a loss, however Polk had weak right side due to the fact that a couple of starting seniors did not play this game. If GB contains Slack and Jackson you're half way there. What hasn't been mentioned is mcminn won this game in OT when the coaches decided to go for two after scoring a TD on their frist drive instead of tying with a field goal. Oh well you know what they say about hing sight.......Good luck greenbriar when you get to the cowpasture, but PC fans are pulling for mcminn for the obvious reasons. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

History is a great thing to look back on to establish pride in one's past accomplishments but unfortunately it doesn't win the battles on the field today. Post season is a new season...teams that won their region and ones that made it in by the skins of their teeth have the same identical 0-0 record in post season. It sounds like Greenbrier is a formidable opponent for McMinn Central. You ask about Central. I will give you my assessment and other Charger fans will probably chime in along the way. Central has faced adversity all seaon long whether it be from issues with players to the ranting of displeasure with the coach from people around the community that let their own personal issues outside of football stick out like a sore thumb. Yet the Chargers have perservered and have now reached the status of regional champions by coming together as a team and believing in themselves when others won't give them a chance. The last two weeks of the regular season has shown how matured these young men have become while enduring all the adversity as evident by the unbelievable comeback made against a very strong smash mouth football team in Polk County. Trailing 21-7 at halftime, the two teams put on what many have said to be the best high school football game they had seen. Yet many doubters were headed to the gates when Polk County scored with very little time on the clock, but how the tide turned as the Chargers were able to push the game into overtime and come away with a 42-41 win. This past Friday night, the Chargers began another chapter in their history when they overcame a very powerful and talented Howard team to capture the championship of Region 3-3A. Trailing at one point 20-8, the Chargers reached down and with the same mettle they played with against Polk County, they scrapped and fought to even the score and then with a kicker that had been roughed up pretty badly in a previous extra point attempt, converted the extra point to take a nailbitter 21-20. You ask about the Chargers.. In a nutshell it is about a team that plays with grit, determination, and a mentality of bringing the same smash mouth football to the field as you mentioned about Greenbrier. Friday night at McMinn Central two football teams will meet for 48 minutes of hard-nosed, thrilling football. It's the playoffs for goodness sakes, who would expect less!! Regardless of who walks off the field as the winner, both teams can add something to their school tradition because they are still playing after week 10. One more thing, Coach Brandon Derrick is the glue that has held this football program together and coming from someone that has only lived here a couple of years with no ties to this team, He is a fine young man and if those nay sayers in this part of McMinn County put the negative energy they have been using behind this young coach, they will not have to wait years between successful season's...every season will be successful from this point on. Good luck and much safety to both teams Friday night!!! My prediction is McMinn Central 24 Greenbrier 21 in another one decided in the final minutes......The Catrenegade

I believe this will be a low scoring game and if McMinn falls behind they may find the clock controlling offense GB can run to be frustrating.