Stewart Co. @ Hickman Co.

BigDawgStatus

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We threw for two touchdown passes this past Friday night. We have a passing game, we just don't utilize it much.

You must have changed quarterbacks since you played Waverly because the one you had that night couldn't throw the ball worth a flip. It looked like a dying quail every time he threw it.

Besides, you can throw touchdown passes in high school sometimes but that doesn't necessarily mean you have a passing game. I've seen some dreadful passes in my lifetime but I wouldn't call them a qualified passing game.

Now, I think that HC will win, but I sure hope that SC will get the win.

You must have changed quarterbacks since you played Waverly because the one you had that night couldn't throw the ball worth a flip. It looked like a dying quail every time he threw it.

Besides, you can throw touchdown passes in high school sometimes but that doesn't necessarily mean you have a passing game. I've seen some dreadful passes in my lifetime but I wouldn't call them a qualified passing game.

Now, I think that HC will win, but I sure hope that SC will get the win.

The obv. did not have to throw agaisnt Waverly...It was probably the ssecond stringer....Waverly saw alot of those in the first half...

The obv. did not have to throw agaisnt Waverly...It was probably the ssecond stringer....Waverly saw alot of those in the first half...

Not quite since it was only 14-0 at the half and they passed in the first half. Their starters played quite a bit against Waverly. There were no subs in that game until the fourth quarter. Waverly did score on their first team defense. It was the starter and he was 0-5.

this will be a close game...iv seen both teams play, not that they had to play hard against waverly but they played...sc had the early scoring but hc looked to be the team that could finish..im goina pick hickman county to win this one but barely...this game could easily go either way, as hard as this is to say for me i would like to see stewart co rep our region and win but its goina be a tough game...good luck to both teams and congrats on the season ya'l have had, keep it close and injury free guys, one of you have to keep playing after this week

Not quite since it was only 14-0 at the half and they passed in the first half. Their starters played quite a bit against Waverly. There were no subs in that game until the fourth quarter. Waverly did score on their first team defense. It was the starter and he was 0-5.

Our starting QB did not play against Waverly due to a broken wrist. That changed our game plan because our starter is a more accurate passer while the backup is a great runner.

BTW, the two TD passes last week were tight spirals. He throws a real nice ball.

this will be a close game...iv seen both teams play, not that they had to play hard against waverly but they played...sc had the early scoring but hc looked to be the team that could finish..im goina pick hickman county to win this one but barely...this game could easily go either way, as hard as this is to say for me i would like to see stewart co rep our region and win but its goina be a tough game...good luck to both teams and congrats on the season ya'l have had, keep it close and injury free guys, one of you have to keep playing after this week

We have a great team and an excellent set of Coaches, but make no mistake anything can happen. If our boys at HC plan on making it to the big dance we are going to have to start hitting like we did against Marshall county at the first of the year. I helped the chain crew in that game and I felt sorry for thier players. Our boy were laying licks that would take an average player out for a few plays and they did it the whole game. I have not seen them play with that intensively as a collective unit since that night. They are a well rounded team and yes we have a passing game when we need it. We have had a little trouble with covering the pass, that is true. But now it is playoff time for all teams that are in it. It is time to step up and show all you got in every game. If HC boys want this bad enough, then watch out cause they are hard to beat.

We have a great team and an excellent set of Coaches, but make no mistake anything can happen. If our boys at HC plan on making it to the big dance we are going to have to start hitting like we did against Marshall county at the first of the year. I helped the chain crew in that game and I felt sorry for thier players. Our boy were laying licks that would take an average player out for a few plays and they did it the whole game. I have not seen them play with that intensively as a collective unit since that night. They are a well rounded team and yes we have a passing game when we need it. We have had a little trouble with covering the pass, that is true. But now it is playoff time for all teams that are in it. It is time to step up and show all you got in every game. If HC boys want this bad enough, then watch out cause they are hard to beat.

i can't wait for this game. i have seen both schools play i must say h.c. pretty dang good. they run like my mckenzie rebs use to. however don't count out s.c. they are playing with some real heart making playoff for first time. if their head coach is smart and decides to air it out more than usual s.c. has great shot. but offensive play calling is kinda horrible for s.c.

Waverly did NOT score on Hickman's first team D. They scored after Hickman cleared the bench in the THIRD quarter when it was 34-0.

Hickman's QB was 0-2 against you. One of those passes was a duck because he bobbled the snap and was just trying to get rid of it to avoid a sack. But he ran for 65 yards and 2 TDs and returned a punt on you as well.

You folks can deny it. But Hickman Co. is a very good football team. In public middle tn. HC and Lewis Co. are the cream of the crop. There is no -one close and either could advance well into the playoffs. Both are very similar styles which is run run run. Teams like waverly have to pass and thats not a good thing. Waverly would do well to copy these teams in their efforts of trying to field a competitive program.