Rockwood vs. GP

Took

Would someone please tell me what that game has to do with GP and Rockwood this Friday night. That game was two seasons ago, not last week. I think GP has a good chance to win this week. They've had success agains Region 2 teams not named Sweetwater and Alcoa. This team has two excellent running backs in Dyer and Pittser that provide a potent inside-outside running game. The defense is undersized but has more speed and quickness than most.

While this is somewhat off subject, GP does provide a quality education even if some of our friends in Region 2 disagree. If I'm not mistaking, last year's senior class of 120 students won over $3 million in scholarships. That's pretty impressive.

I will tell you, that game has nothing to do with this week, but Tom mentioned it one post before. It was menitoned by him in a response to a shot at Alcoas education level. Shots were fired both ways. I still say RHS by 7.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tigers will cruise /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> all the way to Alcoa in the 3rd..

Rockwood - 42

Gatlinburg-pittman - 7

WHATEVER IT TAKES...

Apparently no one posting on this board has actually seen GP play this year. They are a quality team that is finally getiing healthy and gelling at the right time. They are going to be dangerous Friday night. And I don't think calling Rockwood's schedule more difficult is an accurate statement. Yes, they play in a stronger region but look at the games that each team can control on the schedule. In the non-region game, Rockwood played three A teams and one 3A team. GP played four non-region games against 3A opponents.

I don't think calling Rockwood's schedule more difficult is an accurate statement.

What? I'd say Alcoa, Loudon, CAK, Kingston, Midway and maybe even Sweetwater are all better than anyone GP played this year. Plus the rest of Rockwood's schedule is probably tougher than all but Cumberland Gap and Rutledge.

That doesn't mean that Rockwood is better than or will beat GP, but to say that Rockwood's schedule isn't more difficult is crazy.

I watched GP last year against Midway and I was impreesed with their team and I know they are as tough as they come. But they do play a weak schedule and they can't help that for the most part.