Fallen From Grace

BigDogDaddy

LeMarcus Coker, Antioch, (UT) Fred Sparkman, Columbia (UNC), Adarius Bowman Chatt. Notre Dame (UNC) ... does anyone have a name they'd like to add to the list?

To be a student athlete is a privelage ... Earn It! Get rid of the tatoos, the earings, get a hair cut, quit smoking dope and drinking. Try to be humble! When representing your school, put on a coat and tie. Have enough confidence in yourself that you don't need to fight anyone if challenged. If ever interviewed ... try to be articulate (not say "you know") Most of all be grateful for the opportunity that your parents, teachers, administrators, coaches, fans and community as a whole, have encouraged you to pursue! Last but not least ... don't waste a God given talent!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously dude, what is the point of this thread?

Are you wanting to cry more? /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

No DUDE ... I'm not crying. I'm just trying to point out that student athletes need to be held to the highest standard and that walking around saying DUDE and getting high, don't fit in the mold of a student athlete. Crying? No I'm proud of Coach Fulmer for not putting up with the nonsense and trying to send a lesson to any other DUDE athletes out there that they better wake up!

I wouldn't lump Bowman into that category. Yes, he made mistakes at UNC and had to leave, but in case you haven't heard, Adarius grew up a lot, learned from his mistake and is now at Oklahoma State and is projected to be a NFL draft pick, mostly likely a first-rounder. We all in Chattanooga are very proud of him.

Seriously dude, what is the point of this thread?

Are you wanting to cry more? /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

If for nothing else to let the High School kids know that even they set an example for somebody. It maybe just an elementary school kid, but we want them to grow up right also.

As to him coming to MTSU, I don't think Coach S needs that kind of problem with the program he is building. I know as an Alum I would not be inclined to give if he was there.

I've watched Coker since his freshman year and man, what a waste of God-given talent to potentially destroy his career. I was watching an Antioch game years ago and he had shown up late for practice one day, so he didn't get to play until the third quarter and he still piled up so many yards in the last 2 quarters - it was ridulous. I hope he drags his butt home and gets his act cleaned up and fast and try to salvage what any eligibility he may have left to play. I don't have any sympathy for anyone who gets 4 shots to make it right and then screw it all up. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

LeMarcus Coker, Antioch, (UT) Fred Sparkman, Columbia (UNC), Adarius Bowman Chatt. Notre Dame (UNC) ... does anyone have a name they'd like to add to the list?

To be a student athlete is a privelage ... Earn It! Get rid of the tatoos, the earings, get a hair cut, quit smoking dope and drinking. Try to be humble! When representing your school, put on a coat and tie. Have enough confidence in yourself that you don't need to fight anyone if challenged. If ever interviewed ... try to be articulate (not say "you know") Most of all be grateful for the opportunity that your parents, teachers, administrators, coaches, fans and community as a whole, have encouraged you to pursue! Last but not least ... don't waste a God given talent!

Now they can transfer to Bethel.

This is a very disappointing end to his Tennessee career and a complete waste of talent. I watched Coker play at Antioch a couple of years back and I think he was one of, if not the, best high school players I had ever seen play. To see him waste this phenomenal talent is absolutely disgusting. Hopefully he will clean himself up and play somewhere else down the road, although I'm not so sure he deserves to.

This is a very disappointing end to his Tennessee career and a complete waste of talent. I watched Coker play at Antioch a couple of years back and I think he was one of, if not the, best high school players I had ever seen play. To see him waste this phenomenal talent is absolutely disgusting. Hopefully he will clean himself up and play somewhere else down the road, although I'm not so sure he deserves to.

OK i know he has been given chances i understand all that BUT he is still a 20-22 year old kid if you take football away totally he may never straighten up so i am in favor of someone letting him on the team and tell him this is your last shot u put him in a different enviroment with somthing already being taken away that maybe it will wake him up and realize this is it and he goes on to be a great person in the community

If for nothing else to let the High School kids know that even they set an example for somebody. It maybe just an elementary school kid, but we want them to grow up right also.

As to him coming to MTSU, I don't think Coach S needs that kind of problem with the program he is building. I know as an Alum I would not be inclined to give if he was there.

Wow, I can't believe that I agree with you. Toker, I mean Coker needs to forget about football and get his life in order.