Grace vs Midway

theelinebacker52

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Midway has more trouble defending the pass than the rush, but this game will be one sided. Grace doesnt have a chance. Ive not seen grace play but i have keep up with their season. grace will score on Midway, but only once to every 3 times Midway scores . Midway has the speed that grace cant contain.Grace couldnt do it at coalfield. coalfield has one player maybe that can run with 4 of Midways backs.

if u think about it, grace should of won against coalfield. grace was up 20-7 nearing the end of the 3rd quarter and fell apart on d at the end. If grace can stop midway runnin the ball we'll win. But greenback threw ALL over midway so i think grace can win if they play well

Midway beat coalfield 43 to 21 and most of coalfields points come in the 4th when Midway had their 2nd string in. Im not from Midway , Im from Oneida . Im just telling you how it is. If you stop Midway you will be the first single A team to do it. the only team that beat Midway this year was 2A Rockwood and Miway still put up 20 points on them.

This will be the most interesting game Friday, IMO. The one team that beat Midway this year, Rockwood, lit them up passing. This will be the first score I look up on here. The playoffs can get crazy!

Having said that, Midway is a very tough, athletic team. Big, strong, fast kids. When Oneida played down there, I remember 3 distinct, massive hits the Indians laid to different players at different times. Brutal licks! The kind where everyone in the stands jumps up and goes "eewwwwwwwwww" Midway played right through it. It was 4 quarters of brutal, smash mouth football and the those boys didnt back down an inch. Midway fumbled once with a handful of penalties. Midway is speedy, but look for the tough, hardnose, smart play as well. Great coaches. They come right at you, all night and they have an awesome killer instinct.

Good luck to both teams, I hope it is a good game. I will be rooting for our cousins SOR. Roll Greenwave!

I wouldn't say Midway's D is vulnerable to the pass. It is more accurate to say their D-backs are vulnerable to pass completions. I'll explain, their D-backs are FAST and stay fairly close on coverage but give plenty of room to get the ball in. With that said you have to be really slick to get many YAC's (referring to the aforementioned speed). The problem with the pass approach is their D-line & backers are extremly tough. Grace will have little, if any, time to find a receiver. And BTW THEY HIT A TON ! ! !

Offense is no problem, Midway will put up A TON of points on Grace. Question is can Grace keep up? I don't think so.

Midway by 21 +.

This will be the most interesting game Friday, IMO. The one team that beat Midway this year, Rockwood, lit them up passing. This will be the first score I look up on here. The playoffs can get crazy!

Having said that, Midway is a very tough, athletic team. Big, strong, fast kids. When Oneida played down there, I remember 3 distinct, massive hits the Indians laid to different players at different times. Brutal licks! The kind where everyone in the stands jumps up and goes "eewwwwwwwwww" Midway played right through it. It was 4 quarters of brutal, smash mouth football and the those boys didnt back down an inch. Midway fumbled once with a handful of penalties. Midway is speedy, but look for the tough, hardnose, smart play as well. Great coaches. They come right at you, all night and they have an awesome killer instinct.

Good luck to both teams, I hope it is a good game. I will be rooting for our cousins SOR. Roll Greenwave!

I think Midway wins this one with out any trouble . I feel like the game to guess about will be Harriman/Cloudland .

i know this is a lillte late to ur last post, but greenback had almost 600 yards of total offense against midway and almost 450 of that was passing so i think they r a little suspect against the pass which is wat grace excells at. i think grace can score on midway more than u think.

Midway picked off four passes last night, but they have struggled against the pass. One thing about Greenback, however, was they had just wrapped up the region title the week before and might not have been totally focused.

As for the Coalfield game, Midway was ahead 43-7 in the third quarter before giving up a couple of late scores.

I think Grace could give them a little trouble, but I think the Waves will roll.