John Oerton at Franklin

shsfootball80

They changed their offense before the Hunter's Lane game. That is how they were able to take advantage of Daniel White and Cj Jackson being on the field at the same time. The first 5 games they were rotating every other series. For it was hard for either back to get in an offensive rhythm. Daniel White does not come of the field period because he plays special teams, defense, and offense. They will have to play better defensively for them to win this game. We know what they can do offensively especially when they are clicking.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drop the whole fair catch thing...if yall hadnt have hit him after he called fair catch it woulda never happened

I am not a Bruin fan but read back what you just wrote. So if I understand you if you call for a fair catch and then get hit, the fair catch signal is negated? I don't think so. Worst case for Brentwood they should have been penalized for interference. That was quite a penalty allowing the returner to run the ball back for a TD. Makes sense...lol.

I am not a Bruin fan but read back what you just wrote. So if I understand you if you call for a fair catch and then get hit, the fair catch signal is negated? I don't think so. Worst case for Brentwood they should have been penalized for interference. That was quite a penalty allowing the returner to run the ball back for a TD. Makes sense...lol.

im just sayin that if they hadnt hit him there wouldnt have had to be a call it woulda been dead but since there was a bad officiating crew there they let him run it back.

im just sayin that if they hadnt hit him there wouldnt have had to be a call it woulda been dead but since there was a bad officiating crew there they let him run it back.

Oh, that makes more sense. The ref sees a fair catch signal, but since he was hit (and I think hit is way over stated, more like touched) the ref lets him run it back instead of flagging the cover team for interference. That was a heckuva penalty. The hit had nothing to do with the non-fair catch call. Everyone that saw the play live and on film but one said it was a fair catch. I guess what is more upsetting is that the other officials had to have seen it and even though it wasn't their call, not one tried to correct it.

Daniel White is as t ough as they come. If you give him a small hole he will do the rest. But if you give him an huge hole it will be a long day. He is as strong as he is fast and quick.

first off....hville before you get on a message board and talk smack...learn how to spell...no one wants to hear about " white" or "jackson" .....because even though franklin's offense has been taking hard hits on coacht ...they are obviously getting the job done... and now more then ever we are coming together as a team. givin you have 3-4 good players you have still lost more games then you have won....and thats a factor in its self right there. and besides REBEL D SHUTS EM DOWN

franklin by more than 1 TD

first off....hville before you get on a message board and talk smack...learn how to spell...no one wants to hear about " white" or "jackson" .....because even though franklin's offense has been taking hard hits on coacht ...they are obviously getting the job done... and now more then ever we are coming together as a team. givin you have 3-4 good players you have still lost more games then you have won....and thats a factor in its self right there. and besides REBEL D SHUTS EM DOWN

franklin by more than 1 TD

What are you talking about? I assume you meant to call out Bobcat. But anyways, you WILL lose because you CANNOT stop White, bottom line.

Every team has a strength and weakness. It appears that the strength of the Franklin Rebels is their defense and the strength of the Overton Bobcats is their offense. Overton stop themselve at times. Remember anything can happen in the playoffs. Sometimes the best teams don't always win. All team are 0-0 come playoffs.

Look... let me put it to you this way...

If Franklin plays ball-control offense, and doesn't turn the ball over, they'll win.

You can talk about the Bobcats' "AMAZING" running back all you want. Franklin's D is a beast at each level. Yo Butler and Carter McPhee are dominating DEs and Justin Hampton can knock your brains out.

Franklin has a 3-headed monster at RB (Lee, Steele & Ford).. all bring different dimensions.

Good luck stopping all 3!!!

Franklin 20, Overton 7

I've given Franklin their due respect as a team. I'm saying don't let Overton record fool you for I've seen teams get on a role at the right time in the season and play inspired football. Football is the ultimate team sport and it takes everyone on that team to be successfull including the coaches. I know Franklin plays stellar on defense and there offense seems to be clicking also. But I hope you don't think that Franklin defense is going to to flat out shut down the Overton Bobcats rushing attack. Ask Independence what the Bobcats rushing attack is like. We played them last year and beat them in the Sonic Bowl.

This is a post for people who doubt the Franklin offense. Yes, they have a great defense but the offense is seriously underrated. Brentwood would have to compete with one of the other best defenses in region 6-5A. Lets look at some numbers here.

Points Against - Total from regular season

1. Brentwood.- 136

2. Franklin.- 147

3. Independence.- 157

4. Dickson Co..- 200

Points For - Same as above

1. Franklin.- 285

2. Dickson Co./Ind..- 234

3. Ravenwood/Cent..- 206

Well, if you are one of the worst offense's in the region, how can you lead the in the most points of the year? That doesnt make since at all. With their running threats of three talented backs the receiving core is coached very well. These are complete receivers that block downfield as well as make plays after the catch. The line has been solid as well. I am not sure of the exact scores but I believe this offense has put up 4 games of 40 points or more, and 2 games 35 points or more.

I am sorry but you dont put up those kind of numbers without something clicking right on offense side of the ball.

Just a reminder.