John Oerton at Franklin

shsfootball80

Guest workinprogress

white's a great back, but franklin saw the best back in the state in the super hyped virtual three quarter scrimmage at hillsboro in week 0... did well against him

I guess you are thinking the Seward is the best back in the state. I would put White above Seward even though I think Seward is very good. It should be a great game. I look for a low scoring game. I will say Overton wins 15-14.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest workinprogress

No, Hunters Lane and Antioch are not good football teams. They are very average like most of the Metro teams this year. Antioch lost to both Riverdale and MBA very soundly early in the season and I don't consider either of them a great team. Both Hunters Lane and Antioch have a few strong individual players but they loose the big games due to very poor special teams play.

John Overton may very well win this game but their fundamentals are poor and they are not a sound high school football team.

You not thinking that either MBA or Riverdale are great teams says it all. Both are undefeated and the favorites to win titles. If they are not great teams I dont know who is. You could say Maryville I guess but even they have been tested so I guess they wouldnt be great either.

Franklin's defense has proven themselves over the course of the season.

They stopped J. Seward at Hillsboro (yes, it was only 3.5 quarters)

They held Pettigrew from Indy to 26 yards (he's done much better against almost everyone else)

And, they stopped Hillsboro 5 times... yes, 5... inside the 5 yard line. That setup the Rebels' 99-yard game-tying TD.

This defense is legit, and has proven to shut down great RBs from your region in recent playoff seasons (Lamarcus Coker, Preston Brown - both from Antioch)

Coach Webb will have his defense ready to stop White.

Just because you shut down Antioch a couple of years ago, it doesn't mean you can shut down Overton's running game this year. Do you still have the same D playing that you did back then? If not, then this doesn't mean a whole lot. Expect White to get a ton of carries (around 40) and pile up a ton of yards.

Just because you shut down Antioch a couple of years ago, it doesn't mean you can shut down Overton's running game this year. Do you still have the same D playing that you did back then? If not, then this doesn't mean a whole lot. Expect White to get a ton of carries (around 40) and pile up a ton of yards.

I was just bringing up the Antioch playoff games as an example of Franklin's track record in the '04 & '05 playoffs.

Yes, Coach Webb runs the same smashmouth defense he's been running since he got to FHS in 2004.

He's gotta be one of the best defensive coordinators in the state...

The Rebels remember how last season ended in the playoffs... that loss still hurts the players when they think about it... they'll be driven more to win on Friday because of it.

very nice post i have to say...

Just make sure to check in on the game and just go ahead and see what happens... (I'm itching for another chance at Brentwood in week 2 hopefully), but lets focus on here and now...

(and just leave the freaking punt return alone... did it affect the outcome, NO, so just chill all of you guys

Combos... that was just a healthy discussion on the punt return. If you could see that we arent really even arguing but just agreeing in a really weird way. lol. I just seem to blame the players a little more than the officials. Might I add that my view is not any more right than the other gentleman discussing it with me.

Glad you liked the post, credit is given when earned. Franklin has certainly earned it on the offensive side of the ball. I just dont like the threads when people bash this offense. If you are a really in to this region and you watch games and stop listening to misguided rumors then you would know Franklin has a very good offensive system that puts up points and yards.

Jacquese Seward is not a better back than Daniel White. Daniel doesn't have the offensive line play that Jacquese have at Hillsboro. And not to mention the surrounding talent that of Seward is fantastic. It is evident by the number of carries he has and yards. If you put Daniel White behind a great offensive line then his numbers would be even better. Daniel White makes something out of nothing and that should be taking in to consideration. I've talked to several former player who played at Hillsboro and they said the same thing about Daniel White.

Recruiters are looking at the success of Hillsboro program and that of Jacquese Seward. Both have been successful and John Overton have not been. But Daniel White is the all time leading rusher in John Overton history with over 4000 yard rushing and that is behind just an average offensive line.

Recruiters are looking at the success of Hillsboro program and that of Jacquese Seward. Both have been successful and John Overton have not been. But Daniel White is the all time leading rusher in John Overton history with over 4000 yard rushing and that is behind just an average offensive line.

not that it matters... but, how often did seward carry the ball in the fourth quarter? and hillsboro's athletes supperior? come on... the burros have a few good athletes and a lot of overachievers... hats off to good coaching... other metro teams have just as many quality athletes