Cookeville @ Smyrna

THE SQUAD

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Hennigan looking this yr? I always liked those Hennigan brothers.

He is looking good. He and another kid (Espinosa) are trading off possessions. Both are really leading the team well and can get it done.

I think this game comes down to who can make the least amount of mistakes, and who can win the special teams. I'm hoping for a Great game. Cookeville will def have to play their best game of the year though.

Yeah..good clips of "one player" but it takes an entire TEAM to win...thats why yall lost.. can Smyrna play together as a TEAM?? do they have an entire TEAM?? that is the question.. sure they have Sonny & Wilks but other than that what else do they have?? Cookeville has a TEAM!! This will be a GREAT game.. almost too close too call.. would love for Rutherford to have teams stay in this though so will have to pull for Smyrna even though I think they put too much pressure on just 2 players. Good luck Smyrna /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

last 2 games between smyrna and riverdale have been decided by a grand total of 5 points with each team getting a win. If both take care of business we will get a chance to see how it all works out in the money game later.

Right now it is all about cookeville. From all I have read they are one of the most talented well coached teams we have played all year.

Anybody that has rod wilkes on their team and does not get him the ball as often as possible is foolish.

Yeah..good clips of "one player" but it takes an entire TEAM to win...thats why yall lost.. can Smyrna play together as a TEAM?? do they have an entire TEAM?? that is the question.. sure they have Sonny & Wilks but other than that what else do they have?? Cookeville has a TEAM!! This will be a GREAT game.. almost too close too call.. would love for Rutherford to have teams stay in this though so will have to pull for Smyrna even though I think they put too much pressure on just 2 players. Good luck Smyrna /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

last 2 games between smyrna and riverdale have been decided by a grand total of 5 points with each team getting a win. If both take care of business we will get a chance to see how it all works out in the money game later.

Right now it is all about cookeville. From all I have read they are one of the most talented well coached teams we have played all year.

Anybody that has rod wilkes on their team and does not get him the ball as often as possible is foolish.

Hagar #8 and Martin #9 have had their best games of the year the past several weeks especially Hagar who has become sonny's go to receiver when rod is not there and Martin has become the best possesion receiver we have.

As for special teams we struggle with extra points and are ok at fgs. we are excellent at punting the ball and most kickoffs have been in the end zone

however-

we are outstanding on returns of punts and kicks and due to that usually get great field position when teams try to kick away or short. If you try to kick it in the end zone you better make it!

the wild card is our tb bryson he is a freshman that has had an excellent year with around 800 yards but has yet to have that break out game that he is capable of. It would be a great time to do it friday since now that we are in the playoffs he is no longer a freshman.

I love high school football, as well as college football. I'm also an athlete for Smyrna, and unfortunately I didn't play this year due to my dedication of my other sport..but man how much I wish I would have. I'll be out there for sure next year trying to make an impact my Senior year. Anyways back to the game...

We finished 7-3..

1 loss on our Homecoming (Same as last year) Lebanon just seemed to have everything go there way.

1 loss to a private recruiting school Brentwood Academy..that went toe-to-toe even without Sonny, now granted if Sonny played, the game may not have been close, we may not have been able to start that running game. But that game helped so much show everyone that we CAN run the ball if we have to.

1 loss..to Riverdale..a great game, it really showed Riverdale's true colors. Tough in the trenches, a hard fought win for them. And for us? I don't think we lost anything, if anything, I believe we gained something out of this game. The fact that we saw we can compete with the ranked #1 team in the state, WITHOUT Day, Bryson being at 100%, Carr, and our starting snapper having a broken bone in his hand..wow what confidence we will have going into that Riverdale game (assuming we both get there)

Sonny has had the worst games probably of his high school career in that LaVergne game, and somewhat at the Riverdale game..he had around 6 turnovers between those 2 games, where we went 1-1 and lost by a total of 4 points. That tells you A LOT about this Smyrna team..Smyrna is back, I can feel it in the air as I felt that 9-7 upset at lunch talking to some of the starting lineman last year..I think these Bulldogs can go all the way.

Even though many people call Smyrna the 'Two-man show.' I hope every coach that faces them, and every team sees them that way. Even though Sonny has 18 TD passes, 15 being to Rod, that doesn't mean we cant spread the ball out to different receivers. Will Martin, Hager, Torres (Somewhat), and Jonah are ready and have shown they are to catch the ball at crucial situations and when needed (with exception of Jonah on that drop against BA). Dont forget the stud freshmen that will be a GREAT football player from High school, to the next level, and maybe even the highest level in football, Jeremiah Bryson. Its more than a 'Two-man show' people, but if your a non-believer just watch and see as Smyrna makes a run in the play-offs.

Smyrna wins over Cookeville, due to our missed extra points and probably a random FG (lol)

31-14

Sort of a 'cruise control' win for the Bulldogs, not saying they will over-look them. I doubt they show anything new in the 2nd half, and just try to run the clock out and improve on that running game that will be important later on. But don't be shocked if you see Smyrna taking another Gold Ball back home to Smyrna, Sonny, Rod, this whole Senior class are Winners, and won't settle for anything else!

I love high school football, as well as college football. I'm also an athlete for Smyrna, and unfortunately I didn't play this year due to my dedication of my other sport..but man how much I wish I would have. I'll be out there for sure next year trying to make an impact my Senior year. Anyways back to the game...

We finished 7-3..

1 loss on our Homecoming (Same as last year) Lebanon just seemed to have everything go there way.

1 loss to a private recruiting school Brentwood Academy..that went toe-to-toe even without Sonny, now granted if Sonny played, the game may not have been close, we may not have been able to start that running game. But that game helped so much show everyone that we CAN run the ball if we have to.

1 loss..to Riverdale..a great game, it really showed Riverdale's true colors. Tough in the trenches, a hard fought win for them. And for us? I don't think we lost anything, if anything, I believe we gained something out of this game. The fact that we saw we can compete with the ranked #1 team in the state, WITHOUT Day, Bryson being at 100%, Carr, and our starting snapper having a broken bone in his hand..wow what confidence we will have going into that Riverdale game (assuming we both get there)

Sonny has had the worst games probably of his high school career in that LaVergne game, and somewhat at the Riverdale game..he had around 6 turnovers between those 2 games, where we went 1-1 and lost by a total of 4 points. That tells you A LOT about this Smyrna team..Smyrna is back, I can feel it in the air as I felt that 9-7 upset at lunch talking to some of the starting lineman last year..I think these Bulldogs can go all the way.

Even though many people call Smyrna the 'Two-man show.' I hope every coach that faces them, and every team sees them that way. Even though Sonny has 18 TD passes, 15 being to Rod, that doesn't mean we cant spread the ball out to different receivers. Will Martin, Hager, Torres (Somewhat), and Jonah are ready and have shown they are to catch the ball at crucial situations and when needed (with exception of Jonah on that drop against BA). Dont forget the stud freshmen that will be a GREAT football player from High school, to the next level, and maybe even the highest level in football, Jeremiah Bryson. Its more than a 'Two-man show' people, but if your a non-believer just watch and see as Smyrna makes a run in the play-offs.

Smyrna wins over Cookeville, due to our missed extra points and probably a random FG (lol)

31-14

Sort of a 'cruise control' win for the Bulldogs, not saying they will over-look them. I doubt they show anything new in the 2nd half, and just try to run the clock out and improve on that running game that will be important later on. But don't be shocked if you see Smyrna taking another Gold Ball back home to Smyrna, Sonny, Rod, this whole Senior class are Winners, and won't settle for anything else!

Thats right representing those smyrna seniors..... We will come ready to play friday and nobody should doubt it

We finished 7-3..

31-14

Saying it is a cruise control win for Smyrna may be a little to confident on your part. While I think Smyrna is the better team they are not the better team by much. Cookeville is very well coached,does not make mistakes,and are always ready to play. As for Smyrna they appear to be a two-man-show but there is nothing wrong with that. Smyrnas talent level in the skill posistions is scary at times but when I watched the Riverdale game they seemed to make mistakes under heavy pressure. Also Cookeville runs the ball very well and while we are no Riverdale I think Smyrna will have a though time stopping our rushing attack. If Cookeville can get into the Smyrna back-field then they have a great chance of winning.

I will be there cheering on Cookeville but I hope both teams play well.

Cookeville is a well coached fundamental team that will run the ball...somewhat effectively I really like Cookevilles defense they have kept them in some many games even in their losses the offense of cookeville has struggeled all year and if they can get on track cookeville could make an unsuspected run...However its not that easy as they travel to smyrna to face the dogs..Cookeviile simply cant stop Rod Wilks and if they do it will be by a double team which will leave Grey plenty of opptions elsewhere i see a Smyrna win 20-16