Cookeville @ Smyrna

THE SQUAD

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be an outstanding game. To answer someones question on here there isn't anywhere to look at Cookevilles highlights. Im very interesting to see how this game turns out. I know the Dawgs will have alot of athletes. I think correct me if I am wrong but both teams have played Lebanon this year and I know you really can't compare those games because they were early but it seems to be a close match-up. I hope the cavs can pull this one off. Not only for themselves but for region 3. Noone respects them.

cookeville did beat lebanon who struggled after playing a magic second half of football at smyrna. A lot of that was due to loisng their qb though but no doubt they weren't quite as good as that half indicated.

Why I beleve Smyrna will win:

I believe Smyrna has played some teams that are similar to cookeville and have played a variety of offenses.

brentwood academy - pro type run and throw great line on both sides

riverdale - power type wing t

wc- speed wing t with jet sweep

lavergne - spread no huddle

I believe this helps smyrna their schedule rank was 8th cookeville was 51st and included 2 wins against 4a teams

and the 5a teams they beat in their region were a combined 3 and 27.

I dont think Cookeville has played anybody this season that can run the type offense smyrna runs especially with special teams.

The region cookeville plays in just does not run the type offenses region 4 teams run and with the over all team speed.

Also Wilkes is a game changer on special teams. Can Cookeville kick it in the end zone?

Smyrna expects this game to be like all their games this year tough close and back and forth till the end.

Still see it as

smyrna 28

cookeville 14

cookeville did beat lebanon who struggled after playing a magic second half of football at smyrna. A lot of that was due to loisng their qb though but no doubt they weren't quite as good as that half indicated.

Why I beleve Smyrna will win:

I believe Smyrna has played some teams that are similar to cookeville and have played a variety of offenses.

brentwood academy - pro type run and throw great line on both sides

riverdale - power type wing t

wc- speed wing t with jet sweep

lavergne - spread no huddle

I believe this helps smyrna their schedule rank was 8th cookeville was 51st and included 2 wins against 4a teams

and the 5a teams they beat in their region were a combined 3 and 27.

I dont think Cookeville has played anybody this season that can run the type offense smyrna runs especially with special teams.

The region cookeville plays in just does not run the type offenses region 4 teams run and with the over all team speed.

Also Wilkes is a game changer on special teams. Can Cookeville kick it in the end zone?

Smyrna expects this game to be like all their games this year tough close and back and forth till the end.

Still see it as

smyrna 28

cookeville 14

I agree that Cookeville hasn't played the speed of region 4 except Lebanon and MUS. But its not always about speed. Cookeville always plays region 4 teams good. And I don't know but I don't think Cookeville will kick it to Wilkes. This game will be closer than some think.

I agree that Cookeville hasn't played the speed of region 4 except Lebanon and MUS. But its not always about speed. Cookeville always plays region 4 teams good. And I don't know but I don't think Cookeville will kick it to Wilkes. This game will be closer than some think.

do not let him touch the ball and if you do you better hit and tackle him he will make you pay..