Powell @ Red Bank

osunut2

No way that Powell runs all over Red Bank.

I live in Knoxville and Powell is terrible and always has been average at best. Red Bank will crush them again this year. Before you give me the "Powell is not terrible!!" garbage......please......Powell has not even beaten a team with a winning record. They are just the best of the bad teams in their region. That's all they are....the best of the worst.

Get ready to get rolled........again........

wow Garbage huh? ya really think so...Maybe we have not really beat anyone yet but that doesn't mean we can't win...and i didnt say we were gonna run all over red bank i said he was ready which is what he thinks he is goin to do...But i mean i would'nt just count anyone out this year...but i mean yall have to say someone is gonna lose but i think the D will play a little better than usual and Keir will play because thats just who he is and with Tex back there is a possibilitie...Last Week we had 600 yards of total offense and i think if we get that again the we win...cause the D will show up this week

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one was a real heart breaker for the panthers. Red Bank scored first and Powell answered right back on an impressive run by (who else) Jordan Allen. Red Bank scored again in the second quarter. Powell had a drive going and Kier hit Allen on a 17 yard slant down to the two, but the Lions defense stiffened and stopped a fourth down play. Red Bank's athletes were really really impressive. They came out in some power sets and just ran the ball right at the Panthers. The Lions were much more physical up front for much of the game. Anyway it was 14-7 at the half.

The third quarter was much of the same. Red Bank pounded the ball right at the panthers on both of their scoring drives. One capped by an electric run by number 27 (an all region player out there who was the best MLB I've seen this year and a heck of a FB), and the other culminated on a 8=15 yard (can't really remember) out route into the end zone on a really nice touch throw by ledbetter. One of the extra points was failed. So it was 27-7 going in to the fourth.

This is only my opinion but I feel like Red Bank's players kind of took their foot off the accelerator and Powell's kids weren't ready to go home just yet. Powell faught like heck in the fourth quarter. Jimmy Franklin and Jordan Allen both had huge fumble recoveries. Jimmy stripped Ledbetter on a scramble and took off the other way. Allen's was a little questionable I thought the Red Bank kid recovered the fumble and Jordan took it away from him on the bottom of the pile. Pretty bad call I thought...I could be wrong.

Kier started off 4-20 but got in a rhythm late he ended up 16-35 for 195 yards with 116 of those to Devan Collins who had a tremendous game and really sparked the comeback on the offensive side for the Panthers. I'm sure I'm leaving some things out but basically Powell scored got an onside kick scored again botched the onside kick and only kicked it about 3 yards. They managed to pull up Red Bank and score again to make it 30-27. Ducharme kicked the onside kick left footed back to the back side and it just bounced right to the kid and the Lions took the air out of the ball from there.

Kier was up and down, Charlie Wood averaged 29.5 a return on kick offs he looked really good. Collins looked like the best player on the field. There were a lot of bright spots for returning guys.

Tex looked good but only got about 4 touches I think. Jordan and Jimmy played like you would expect them to play in a game like this. Really all the seniors played pretty well. I don't really know what else to say. Those guys really laid it all on the line and they should walk away from their SR year with no regrets. The other coaches in our region picked Powell to finish 7th in 3-4a, and they surprised everyone. They gave the number two team in the state all they wanted and today, even in a loss, I am proud to be a fan of Powell High School football.

To Osnut and all the Panther faithful great job this year. I'm eating crow I never thought you would do this well. Congrats on a great season and giving Red Bank all they could handle. You represented your school and our Region excellently. You guys will be a force next year.

To Osnut and all the Panther faithful great job this year. I'm eating crow I never thought you would do this well. Congrats on a great season and giving Red Bank all they could handle. You represented your school and our Region excellently. You guys will be a force next year.

ya know ZCAR there were a lot of new faces in the huddle this year for Powell. I don't blame you (or anyone else as you obviously were not the only one) for having some low expectations for the Panthers this year. The division one talent simply wasn't there on this team as it has been in years before, and Powell hasn't been extremely successful when it was there. The fact of the matter is that this team was exactly that...they are a team. They pulled together all year. When the only people in the world that were giving Powell a chance to win were in the Panther locker room, this team decided that that was all they needed. This team lived and died for each other, and they did things the right way. They came to work everyday and just did what they had to do. It's difficult for me to think about the bright future of this program today though after last night. I'm not saying the Red Bank didn't deserve to win that game last night because they did. It was just one of those games where you hate that somebody had to lose because Red Bank played so well to build the lead and Powell faught tooth and nail to come back. Again, Red Bank deserved to win, but I can't say that Powell deserved to lose. At any rate, thank you for your kind words.

ya know ZCAR there were a lot of new faces in the huddle this year for Powell. I don't blame you (or anyone else as you obviously were not the only one) for having some low expectations for the Panthers this year. The division one talent simply wasn't there on this team as it has been in years before, and Powell hasn't been extremely successful when it was there. The fact of the matter is that this team was exactly that...they are a team. They pulled together all year. When the only people in the world that were giving Powell a chance to win were in the Panther locker room, this team decided that that was all they needed. This team lived and died for each other, and they did things the right way. They came to work everyday and just did what they had to do. It's difficult for me to think about the bright future of this program today though after last night. I'm not saying the Red Bank didn't deserve to win that game last night because they did. It was just one of those games where you hate that somebody had to lose because Red Bank played so well to build the lead and Powell faught tooth and nail to come back. Again, Red Bank deserved to win, but I can't say that Powell deserved to lose. At any rate, thank you for your kind words.

You boys did well this year.Proud of yall.Hold your heads high and walk proud.If all goes well next fri.nite.the boys from Halls will get some pay back for all of us