Cheatham County at Fayette Ware

Big Country

i posted this in the other thread about this game, but that thread got closed so i will post it again here:

it seems to me that fayette ware is having their typical late season fade. the last few years they have come out of the gate hot and cooled off as the weather did. luckily for them they had bolivar and jss on the schedule early this year and beat them while they were still hot. then late in the year they lost to trezvant, barely beat a pitiful lexington team, got steamrolled by melrose, and lost convincingly to a mcnairy team that both bolivar and jss beat.

i would not be surprised to see cheatham take this one too.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HAPPEN TO RUN INTO SOME PATRIOT FANS THAT SAID CUBS FRONT 5 ARE GETTING BETTER WEEK IN WEEK OUT DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE THIS INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS PATRIOTS MANHANDLED UPFRONT IS THIS THE SAME GROUP THAT STARTED THE YEAR OR IS THIS SOME OF THE CHANGES THEIR COACH SPOKE OF IN THE PAPER????

Cheatham Co. is a typical Cheatham Co. team up front. Early in the season in the losses to Gordonsville, Sycamore, & Greenbrier the Cubs front was whipped. Since the 0-6 start in this four game winning streak it's been the Cubs who've soundly beaten teams up front. In order to be successful this has to always be an area in which Cheatham Co. gets the better of their opponents.

Some of the players that played earlier in the season have QUIT THE TEAM and new players have stepped in and done an amazing job in the trenches for the Cubs. 5 PLAYERS THAT WERE SLATED TO BE MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS ARE ALL GONE & THE CUBS ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THOSE GUYS!!!! The group that has played together up front on both sides of the football for the last four weeks has been a main reason for the Cubs success.

THIS MUST CONTINUE TO BE THE CASE FOR CHEATHAM TO ADVANCE & STAY ALIVE!!!!!

Cheatham Co. is a typical Cheatham Co. team up front. Early in the season in the losses to Gordonsville, Sycamore, & Greenbrier the Cubs front was whipped. Since the 0-6 start in this four game winning streak it's been the Cubs who've soundly beaten teams up front. In order to be successful this has to always be an area in which Cheatham Co. gets the better of their opponents.

Some of the players that played earlier in the season have QUIT THE TEAM and new players have stepped in and done an amazing job in the trenches for the Cubs. 5 PLAYERS THAT WERE SLATED TO BE MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS ARE ALL GONE & THE CUBS ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THOSE GUYS!!!! The group that has played together up front on both sides of the football for the last four weeks has been a main reason for the Cubs success.

CUBS ARE KNOWN AROUND REGION AS A HARD HITTING NO QUIT FOOTBALL TEAM GLAD TO HERE CUBS ARE BACK ON TRACK

Very few teams practice hitting anymore. Sure, early August coaches emphasize toughness and hitting. But I wonder how many coaches emphasize this each and every week till the season is over. I am confident that is part of Coach Finley's weekly emphasis. Cheatham is not always blessed with the best of athletes. It seems over the years that Cheatham has relied on CREATING tough guys that do not quit under any circamstance. This year is evidence of that. Good luck to the Cubs this week.

I cannot figure out why FW has this late season collapse every year. It blows my mind.

Not many years I'll admit this, but Region 5 has a pretty good shot at sweeping this year. The toss-up will be if Marshall Co. can beat South Side (and I hope they do).

My thoughts exactly.

Word is...the roundball is already bouncing at Fayette...hope it is cold. Isn't this the same head coach at Fayette that got suspended for three yrs and fined for crap at Melrose??????.....let's say "cheating"

Did I say roundball bouncing....yeah....that's it. Now I know #4's are usually a warm-up for a #1 but Fayette hasn't played a decent team since Cheatham started playing a lot better and winning games

Big Country....I pick 30 to win again like last week.

My thoughts exactly.

Word is...the roundball is already bouncing at Fayette...hope it is cold. Isn't this the same head coach at Fayette that got suspended for three yrs and fined for crap at Melrose??????.....let's say "cheating"

Did I say roundball bouncing....yeah....that's it. Now I know #4's are usually a warm-up for a #1 but Fayette hasn't played a decent team since Cheatham started playing a lot better and winning games

Big Country....I pick 30 to win again like last week.

i heard the roundball chatter too but thats always the case round these parts. football is cool but basketball is god. Fayette Ware has been on the decline lately after starting hot taking a 42 point beatdown from Melrose which is a pretty decent team i cant imagine that thompson wont have them ready to win at home i just can't see it maybe they lose the next round but not this one

I meant Fayette had not played a decent "game" but instead I said team which is not true. I still stand on this upset special. Fayette has played with no enthusiasm or momentum in over a month......they went to Melrose where the ol coach returned to the scene of the crime and he was quite surprised that his reception was pretty weak. Wonder why?? Cheatham is going to play until the final whistle and when it is crunch time?????

Fayette can start roundball practice Saturday.

The Cubs 2007 Season is a great story and demonstrates great perseverance during adversity. A great model for football and life. Good luck CC! Keep rolling!

SND