Dyer County AA State Champs

whitson08

Dyer County will be a very impressive team this season and played well last season in the BORO /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> They hung at least for a half with one of the best High school basketball teams that Tennessee has ever seen in a long time in Liberty. With most of the core group of those kids back again, the Choctaws will definately make some noise come post-season. I had a chance to watch Howard in the BORO and they were a good team being among the elite 8 but I still feel the most competitive and talented , not to mention hard working, brand of high school basketball in the state comes out of West TN /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore the Howard talk. Last March they were talking about how they were going to do the same thing to Liberty. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Yep, and they got mad when we tried to tell them different. The bad thing is that we could have taken 3 teams last year for the West that didn't even make it to the state last year and they would have been region and substate champs on the other side. Crockett Co., Bolivar, and BTW could have all been in the boro easily if they had to take the same road as Howard.

I was at the game SAT Dyer Co -vs- Manassas and i no Blake didnt play but to start the game Manassas was winning n the 1st 15 to 2 before the coach put subs in the game Dyer Co got back into the game then an took a lead. @nd Q Manassas Played subs Dyer Co was winning at the half. 3rd Q Manassas went back to there Starting Rotation and they went off a thirty point lead they bused the clock 59 to 89 then Manassas went back to the subs and they won by 21pts. the way i see it is Manassas is a great team or Dyer Co just ant that good they still should not be down 30 without Blake if there that good.

Well do you think Dyer County is not that good -- or is Manassas /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> as good as they Wanna be !!

Getcha Popcorn Ready!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well do you think Dyer County is not that good -- or is Manassas /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> as good as they Wanna be !!

Getcha Popcorn Ready!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Getcha popcorn Ready in North Memphis baby!!!!!

Must be nice getting 3 players from Westside!

Manassas lost 1 player from a team that sweep Westside during the regular season before losing to them in the playoffs. Manassas would have had a better shot at winning the state last year then westside did but they lost to westside a Rival game. they are always played harder than others.

Manassas lost 1 player from a team that sweep Westside during the regular season before losing to them in the playoffs. Manassas would have had a better shot at winning the state last year then westside did but they lost to westside a Rival game. they are always played harder than others.

Looks like Manassas is going to or may be the team to beat..I hope to see them play!

I'm sure yall play Middle College as well as Lake Co does..I know you can't compare scores but I'll be interested to see and compare..Even though you can't compare..if Manassas beats Middle by 20 and we lose..it'll give me a little gauge....I miss my ole CoachT buddy..the former coach at Middle College about 3 years ago..He usually hollers at me every once in awhile..

Hey guys...Everyone on here is putting a big bullseye on their back...With Dyer Co. claiming AA state champs as of now is putting a bullseye for everyone in the District/Region to beat them!!! As well as the Howard team...fly under the radar for awhile and then come up big come tournament time /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Noon ever claimed DC WILL win in AA. If you read the subtitle of the subject of the thread it reads LONGSHOT OR LOCK. Someone is looking for objective answers, not crowning DC without even playing one game.

Westside Players were good kids its a shame they close the school and made it a middle school. If they could have finished out there Sr. seasons it could have been special also. I hope they are happy at Manassas

any news on what happened with the rest of Westsides kids i knew they were an underclassmen heavy team just wondering where the others ended up