Reg 1 Dis 2 AA

alwaysapioneer

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VEERMAN8133, how true - how true - how true. I know the cheerleaders are nice looking, but that's not where the official's attention needs to be. Seen that a lot this year. One official missed a call at his feet because he was flirting during play and one of the other officials had to make the call. I've also seen male officials flirting with female officials during a b-game while waiting for the varsity to play. Come on guys & gals, you are getting paid to watch the game and keep things in line on the court - not off! Sorry veerman8133, but I'm going to have to pull for the Pioneers tonight. Will definately be a good game either way!

Definitely a good one last night. CG finally go back on the winning track by beating Rutledge 73-68. Great game from both teams and was fun to watch...minus one thing and we all know what that is!!! Unfortunately the game had one good official and two that don't even belong on the floor. The good one, nobody even noticed. The other two were the ones getting the wrath from all of us and even the CG bench! Those guys were so...(pc)...overweight, that they couldnt get up and down the floor once again and it's just like I said in a previous post, called a ton of fouls, both ways mind you, that slowed down the tempo of the game. Maybe we all should petition to the "supervisors" of these guys to either make them lose some weight or don't let them call varsity games. And I'm sorry to all you Rutledge folks, and he's a great player, but they do protect McBee way too much. And hey, he's a great actor too!!! Gotta give him credit for that! But, just cause someone is near the kid doesn't mean that it's a foul!!! He coulda still got his without their help because he is that dang good! Anyway. Good game by both teams and best of luck to you guys the rest of the year. We enjoy playing you all as much as anybody in this district because you know it's going to be a great game and that you all are always going to bring it! You all are a class act and you all should be commended for that. Maybe we can meet again in a couple weeks!!!!

Definitely a good one last night. CG finally go back on the winning track by beating Rutledge 73-68. Great game from both teams and was fun to watch...minus one thing and we all know what that is!!! Unfortunately the game had one good official and two that don't even belong on the floor. The good one, nobody even noticed. The other two were the ones getting the wrath from all of us and even the CG bench! Those guys were so...(pc)...overweight, that they couldnt get up and down the floor once again and it's just like I said in a previous post, called a ton of fouls, both ways mind you, that slowed down the tempo of the game. Maybe we all should petition to the "supervisors" of these guys to either make them lose some weight or don't let them call varsity games. And I'm sorry to all you Rutledge folks, and he's a great player, but they do protect McBee way too much. And hey, he's a great actor too!!! Gotta give him credit for that! But, just cause someone is near the kid doesn't mean that it's a foul!!! He coulda still got his without their help because he is that dang good! Anyway. Good game by both teams and best of luck to you guys the rest of the year. We enjoy playing you all as much as anybody in this district because you know it's going to be a great game and that you all are always going to bring it! You all are a class act and you all should be commended for that. Maybe we can meet again in a couple weeks!!!!

VEERMAN8133, As they say in the cartoons - "You're a good man Charlie Brown!" Now as for EAGLEFAN85 - let me assure you the "Rutledge Faithful" are still alive and kicking. Who said Rutledge would cruise through the season with no looses? Am I getting that old that I don't remember making that statement? If I did, guess I was wrong! How did GP do at Claiborne last night? Regardless of what the score is/was at the end of the game, the Pioneers will always be number 1 on my posts! VEERMAN85 - man did we ever see a good game last night! Can't say I'm happy with the final score, but both groups of young men played well. The Panthers were just hitting on all 8 cylinders last night. By the way, we hired an acting coach for the men's team this year to help out with "questionable" fouls. You know, as I think about it - several other teams in our district must have hired the same acting coach to help out on their floors as well. Sure does make for an interesting game. Bad calls? Let me say up front that there were some pretty strategic calls both ways, and the Panthers just flat out rebounded and hit their shots to win the game. No crying about that one. (Just for you EAGLEFAN85.) I agree something has to be done about the officials. I think we may just change to another association and get a different crop of "the same". At least it will be different! I'll be the first to say I wouldn't get out there and do what the "striped blind" do for any amount of money they could offer. Been there and done that in softball/baseball. Enough for me. By the way EAGLEFAN85, I was a sorry official. That's why I got out. Don't have to hit me in the head with a rock many times to get my attention! The true shame is that the kids put so much work into getting where they are just to have officials who didn't spend enough time "practiciing" themselves to get ready for the games. Let me say up front, I've seen some good officials in our district this season. Everyone makes a bad call from time to time. Even me, EAGLEFAN85, and I'll admit to that. But...... when it gets as consistent as it's been lately, the good officials have to suffer on the court with the rest of us. Point in fact - I watched the b-team officials practicing their hand signals and calls behind the bleachers before the game started, and this wasn't their first ATTEMPT at officiating. I say ATTEMPT because that's the lowest term I have to describe what they did and not be censured on the post! I think I'll start taking a video camera to the games and taping the officials. Forget the players, just the officials and start sending in DVDs of what they are/aren't doing after every game. If enough did that and hilighted the REALLY BAD OFFICIALS, then maybe TSSAA supervisors/administrators would step in. I think one problem is they can't get anyone of QUALITY to step in. Coach McBee had to explain rules from the TSSAA Rule Book last night to one of the officials and he at least had the guts to admit he made a bad call. Faint................ Anyway, good game Panthers. As always the trip across the hill to CG was worth the trip. Just wish the score had been different. See you guys at CG in a week or so at the tournaments! EAGLEFAN85 I still owe you a bag of "corn". VEERMAN8133, I'll get you one too and we can grumble together.

GO PIONEERS!

Rutledge should win the championship hands down. They also have a good chance of going undefeated in the regular season. Don't know of any team in the district that can even come close especially since they have one of the possibly best juniors in the state.

Here it is BEARCLAW. Never said you made the prediction BEARCLAW. Was a fun and exciting game. Games were about 30 min behind when girls varsity ended. Then we got to watch the crowning of the Claiborne sports queen. Then we got to watch that wonderful display of sportsmanship as our young men took the floor to a nice chorus of boos and again as the starters were announced (almost 9:00 by that time). 20 -8 GP after 1 and 36 -18 GP at half. Most of the boo birds flew the coop. Claiborne coach thought were we enjoying the night so well that he extended our stay by trying to use all his time outs in the last 2 minutes of the game. Down by double digits even called timeout with about 9 seconds to go in game (I think was about a sleep cause way past my bedtime). Final score was some what deceiving. Claiborne hit a 3 at the end of the 1st quarter and at the end of the game. GP coach played everyone even himself as some from Rutledge have claimed. Only got in the way of a couple players and the refs though.

Here it is BEARCLAW. Never said you made the prediction BEARCLAW. Was a fun and exciting game. Games were about 30 min behind when girls varsity ended. Then we got to watch the crowning of the Claiborne sports queen. Then we got to watch that wonderful display of sportsmanship as our young men took the floor to a nice chorus of boos and again as the starters were announced (almost 9:00 by that time). 20 -8 GP after 1 and 36 -18 GP at half. Most of the boo birds flew the coop. Claiborne coach thought were we enjoying the night so well that he extended our stay by trying to use all his time outs in the last 2 minutes of the game. Down by double digits even called timeout with about 9 seconds to go in game (I think was about a sleep cause way past my bedtime). Final score was some what deceiving. Claiborne hit a 3 at the end of the 1st quarter and at the end of the game. GP coach played everyone even himself as some from Rutledge have claimed. Only got in the way of a couple players and the refs though.

Where's the love!!!! hahahaha!!! Sounds like GP was on their game last night. Congrats to them. How'd the Union PF game turn out?

Thanks EAGLEFAN85 for clarifying your statement. How many points did "coach" get last night? Get any fouls? Just kidding! You know, I just hate it when a good game gets held up forever for halftime activities. Least that could be done is warn everyone ahead of time so they can plan a few more minutes in the dressing room getting ready for the second half. Time-outs at the end of an already lost game? Well..... I believe I'd rather have a coach who never gave up than one who accepts the inevitable and rolls over for a good old belly rub. Man, you guys need to get out more often. Coach was just trying to let you enjoy the beauty of the north side of East Tennessee. Can't let you have all the pretty mountains! Everything else aside, our district has some of the best talent anywhere. Can you imagine the team we could have if we put all this talent together? Unbeatable! I hate to bring it up (not really), but how were the officials? Bad as usual? We had one pretty good one last night, but the rest are ready for the glue factory. Mind games! Coaches are getting pretty good at them. Who knows what might happen if you stall enough? LIke I told VEERMAN before, we've had some pretty good "drama coaches" in the district. Who knows when some of that might pay off. I'd really like for us to get back to just plain old raw talent, dribble the ball, shoot - rebound when necessary, and leave the rest for Hollywood! Won't be long before we are awarding trophies for district winner, MVP, tournament team, and an Oscar for best actor, supporting actor, and director. Come to think of it, some of the officials might get one of those! See you back over in Claiborne County at CG in a week or so. Buckle your seat belt for the bumpy ride over again. Looks like the new road may finally be getting close to open. Thank goodness. My poor old kidneys can't take many more trips! Not a "spring chicken" anymore, but still able to CROW when I need to! ALWAYS A PIONEER!

Thanks EAGLEFAN85 for clarifying your statement. How many points did "coach" get last night? Get any fouls? Just kidding! You know, I just hate it when a good game gets held up forever for halftime activities. Least that could be done is warn everyone ahead of time so they can plan a few more minutes in the dressing room getting ready for the second half. Time-outs at the end of an already lost game? Well..... I believe I'd rather have a coach who never gave up than one who accepts the inevitable and rolls over for a good old belly rub. Man, you guys need to get out more often. Coach was just trying to let you enjoy the beauty of the north side of East Tennessee. Can't let you have all the pretty mountains! Everything else aside, our district has some of the best talent anywhere. Can you imagine the team we could have if we put all this talent together? Unbeatable! I hate to bring it up (not really), but how were the officials? Bad as usual? We had one pretty good one last night, but the rest are ready for the glue factory. Mind games! Coaches are getting pretty good at them. Who knows what might happen if you stall enough? LIke I told VEERMAN before, we've had some pretty good "drama coaches" in the district. Who knows when some of that might pay off. I'd really like for us to get back to just plain old raw talent, dribble the ball, shoot - rebound when necessary, and leave the rest for Hollywood! Won't be long before we are awarding trophies for district winner, MVP, tournament team, and an Oscar for best actor, supporting actor, and director. Come to think of it, some of the officials might get one of those! See you back over in Claiborne County at CG in a week or so. Buckle your seat belt for the bumpy ride over again. Looks like the new road may finally be getting close to open. Thank goodness. My poor old kidneys can't take many more trips! Not a "spring chicken" anymore, but still able to CROW when I need to! ALWAYS A PIONEER!

The district tourney is at Claiborne High this year. Just thought i'd let you know so you don't come to CG and miss the games!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey guys just a thought. I've seen a lot of the coaches in the college rank wearing tennis shoes in support of the coaches for cancer awareness cause. We should get with our respective staffs and see if we can't get something like that going on for this coming Friday night. It's a great cause and I think it'd be neat to see all our guys participate. What do you all think? I'm also gonna start a thread to see if we can't get it happenin all over the state! A little feedback would be great. Thanks guys!

The district tourney is at Claiborne High this year. Just thought i'd let you know so you don't come to CG and miss the games!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks a lot VEERMAN8133, I had EAGLEFAN85 convinced the game was at CG. Now he'll find us! Not a bad idea on the shoe deal. Keep us updated!

Thanks a lot VEERMAN8133, I had EAGLEFAN85 convinced the game was at CG. Now he'll find us! Not a bad idea on the shoe deal. Keep us updated!

I need some help pushing it. I wrote a thread for it on the main board. Hopefully guys will see the importance of it and join in!!! Sorry bout giving our location away top eaglefan. Ain't GP the highlanders though???

Why are all the Rutledge faithful mummmmm today? Still think CG finishes 1 and Rutledge 2? Thought Rutledge was going to cruise through the district undefeated this year? Guess that's why we play the games and give the kids a chance. Guess this sets up a pretty good game next week at CG. Any thoughts?

Yeah...that basketball is a tournament sport...some people, Rutledge people (me for one) said that would be a tough task. If you also want to dig that up to check you can. Coach58 was really excited about this season with all the guys returning and especially with Skylar doing so well during summer ball.

CG did what they needed to and it was good for them to be able to defend their home floor.

Hey BEARCLAW...the new road over in Claiborne County is still a long ways from being ready from what I saw back in December...we'll be lucky if the open the stretch in Springdale in the spring. Just hope they don't dally over the summer and get it done.