Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

Let the season begin!

Tonight at Viking Hall Tennessee High edged the Lady Cyclones 54-53 in a thriller. THS held a 7 point lead in the fourth only to see EHS go on a run to go up by 5. Nip and tuck after that to the end. Montgomery led all scorers with 25. EHS was led by Mariah's 12 points and 23 rebounds; the double Jasmine's (Treadway and Jefferson) also had 12 points apiece. Good game to build on for the Clones.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voice, from summer camp reports I knew the two lady cyclone freshmen would be hard to keep off the court.

Its a good mix of youth and experience for EHS this year. As coachh17 has already said, the road to the conference championship still goes through Elizabethton. Next game I understand is in the HV tourney next wednesday at 7 against Morristown West.

Guess who? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Thats right, its the ole King. Cloudland is going to dominate like never before. Look for the Rangers to be destroyed at Sonny Smith and Snavely. They would also destroy Elizabethton. The only real challenge will be Unicoi and they'll beat them too. Cloudland is going to dominate this region. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lady 'Lander Update:

The 'Lander's first game of the season (finally!) arrived last night at Sullivan East. The girls showed no rust, and picked up right where they left off the season last year. They played a dominating, fast-paced game in both directions, never trailed (I think), and just plain out-played East in every facet of the game.

The final score of 60-40 was not really indicative of the tone of the game, Cloudland led by as much as 30 before playing the bench. Our starting five was easily able to handle the man defense East threw at them, with Brooke Johnson just having a field day cutting through the middle to shoot layups, finishing with 16 points. Sydnie Buchanan also had an easy basket to open our scoring for the season. East initially did do a good job preventing Jordi Miller from getting off any shots on the perimeter, mainly by having a 6-footer in her hip pocket. But when they had to come out of the man defense, that ended as well, Jordi finished with three three-pointers and a total of 13. Shellie McKinney and Sydnie B. did an awesome job on the boards with 7 each. Brittany Reece and Rebekah Tolley completed the domination of that aspect of the game.

Cloudland's scoring was well-balanced, with everyone playing, and all but one scoring. I, and others, were very impressed with the newcomers to the Varsity team, Brittany Reece and Amber Clawson. Brittany has just fit right in with the team, and looks more at home in the middle every time I watch her. She had 4 points and several rebounds, and even caused a couple of turnovers. Amber impressed with her time at point. She didn't show any timidity playing with the "big dogs" for the first time and pumped in an additional 6 from just inside the 3-point line.

Another big plus for the Lady's was the charity stripe performance, they only missed one all night. Defensively, it was more of the same until the final quarter, when the changing lineups allowed East to score 17. By quarter it was:

1st Quarter: 13-8

2nd Quarter: 29-15

3rd Quarter: 50-23

Final Score: 60-40

I wasn't able to get to the gym in time to see the JV games, but I understand we lost, but played well.

Let's Go Lady 'Landers !!

The Highlander

Just like I said Highlander, this is going to be the year of complete domination. This is one of the most exciting teams I can remember taking the court. Get ready for the other teams to be exposed just like Sullivan East. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No doubt, the Lady Landers are good. I think they have a good shot at reaching Murfreesboro, but there is a long season ahead and a lot can happen. Unaka and Hampton will not lay down for Cloudland and this talk of complete domination may be a bit over the top. Sullivan East is a rebuilding program, so don't start clearing space for the Gold Ball just yet.

No doubt, the Lady Landers are good. I think they have a good shot at reaching Murfreesboro, but there is a long season ahead and a lot can happen. Unaka and Hampton will not lay down for Cloudland and this talk of complete domination may be a bit over the top. Sullivan East is a rebuilding program, so don't start clearing space for the Gold Ball just yet.

Saw where the Lady Dogs went down to Chattanooga and beat private school Chattanooga Baylor. I don't think they will lay down either.

As usually, it's the king and he likes to huff and puff enough to make everyone sick and tired of them before the season starts. I'm sure that the Landers will be very good, but like coach17 - total domination????? Long season, too many variables could throw a wrench into things. Best of Luck to all area teams!

Mariah Pietrowski appears to be running the court much better. She gives Elizabethton the post game they'll need to match up in District One AA.

Looking forward to watching several teams at Happy Valley and North Greene this week.

The Lady Highlanders have the depth, experience, talent, and confidence to play their way back to Murfreesboro. Hampton has a very good junior class; lots of athletic players.

North Greene can, and should challenge for the conference championship. A very Big and talented team.

Freshmen development and depth are the keys for young Unaka, but the Lady Rangers will challenge by season's end.

Cloudland plays Happy Valley tonight in the second game (7:00).

Unaka plays South Greene - - at North Greene, also at Seven PM.

Elizabethton returns to Happy Valley tomorrow night,

this will be the first game Saturday evening game (5:30).

Some very interesting games for the upcoming week, three of them

involving the Lady Blue Devils; and all three against Tri-County

Seven Opponents:

At Unaka on Monday (26th).

Home against Cloudland Tuesday (27th).

and

Home to play Happy Valley Friday (30th).