Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for someone in the know can it be done at Oakland and will they make the commitment to a proven winner with a championship and a track record of getting it done where others couldn't. What kind of booster club support does the program have? What kind of time frame are they looking at?

Hopefully the 'children' are thru playing so someone can answer your question.

As to how serious it is you must realize that the Oakland vs Riverdale 'Battle for the Boro' was rated one of the top 10 rivalries in the NATION a couple of years ago. It still is only it has been sorta lopsided the last few years in R'dales favor.

Know this first off though this is NOT Memphis and Region 4 is one of the toughest regions in the state. Expectations are VERY high for ANY coach here to either WIN or be ready to move on.

As to the booster club they are VERY supportive and active and supportive. An example of this is their brand new indoor practice facility the boosters provided. Also an adminstration that is committed to the program and to winning.

The poster 2priceless is probably their greatest fan and will probably be on here to answer what I cannot as I am an ex-R'dale players Dad and not as close to that program as I am to Riverdales.

The fans here can be a little rough on coaches that do NOT produce, so if you are thin skinned you can now say you were warned. If you do have a proven record then submit your application. Worst they can do about it is say no Thanks.

Hopefully the 'children' are thru playing so someone can answer your question.

As to how serious it is you must realize that the Oakland vs Riverdale 'Battle for the Boro' was rated one of the top 10 rivalries in the NATION a couple of years ago. It still is only it has been sorta lopsided the last few years in R'dales favor.

Know this first off though this is NOT Memphis and Region 4 is one of the toughest regions in the state. Expectations are VERY high for ANY coach here to either WIN or be ready to move on.

As to the booster club they are VERY supportive and active and supportive. An example of this is their brand new indoor practice facility the boosters provided. Also an adminstration that is committed to the program and to winning.

The poster 2priceless is probably their greatest fan and will probably be on here to answer what I cannot as I am an ex-R'dale players Dad and not as close to that program as I am to Riverdales.

The fans here can be a little rough on coaches that do NOT produce, so if you are thin skinned you can now say you were warned. If you do have a proven record then submit your application. Worst they can do about it is say no Thanks.

My bad..DAD. I will take my fun gene out and get back to the serious discussion of football. Information given out here is worth millions to would be applicants.