Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

i heard through an indirect source that riverdale assistant coach/head track coach/tssaa basketball official Ricky Field applied for this job. he is a great candidate and knows this community like the back of his hand, should have a legit job at getting it.

dont know why his name wasnt brought up in this thread, after all he is an OAKLAND ALUMNI and played college ball right here at MTSU.

I dont doubt that Coach Fields would be a great candidate, but not having any experience as a coordinator or a head coach probably hurts his chances. I have never been above to one of our own coming home though.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard through an indirect source that riverdale assistant coach/head track coach/tssaa basketball official Ricky Field applied for this job. he is a great candidate and knows this community like the back of his hand, should have a legit job at getting it.

dont know why his name wasnt brought up in this thread, after all he is an OAKLAND ALUMNI and played college ball right here at MTSU.

I know there are folk ( adults and players) who think extremely highly of Coach Fields. My concern is that he has been a VERY loyal fb assistant at Riverdale for many yrs. He applied for the head job there when Rankin left. With all the connections that he has there and the many yrs served in cardinal and gold, why didn't he get the job there? I would have thought he had a better shot there. So how does that play in at OHS? Also, he is a superb track coach....is he willing to give all that success up ? I can't see them letting him do both at OHS. One more thing.......how old is he?

Coach Fields did not apply for the job this is a rumor because of his success at the school across town. He is proably content with his program. He would be a good candidate.

You have got to be kidding me the ONLY way "Saint Olive" wins is when he has more athletes on the field than the other team. I will agree with Cookeville though. Joslin's boys play over their head many times.

Spoken like someone who regularly gets beat by Tull..... must be from CC or FC.

On second thought he might be a good one for Oakland I hear his players can do just about anything like quit and come back as starting quarterback or rape. he would fit in very well I think. and yes I am from CC and loved that butt whippen we took from tullahoma this year. But I guess that was because they did not have the ATHLETES right. You can't use that excuse anymore since he can win without them.

Rankin made the journey to Oakland????????.....so much for wanting to raise your family in a small town and planning to be in Alcoa long term. Great way to show your state bound team how dedicated you are. Rankin has proven he is a good coach and can assemble a great staff around him. However, this going to interviews every yr to bump his pay is getting rather OLD!

Will any of the asst. stay /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I know the Moose man is a good and reliable coach /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Really don't know anything about Fergeson /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Isn't there a Coach Hannah and another coach who coached at Willie Central /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Good luck guyz

Rankin made the journey to Oakland????????.....so much for wanting to raise your family in a small town and planning to be in Alcoa long term. Great way to show your state bound team how dedicated you are. Rankin has proven he is a good coach and can assemble a great staff around him. However, this going to interviews every yr to bump his pay is getting rather OLD!

Do you honestly believe this?