Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

About to be fired? You are definitely wrong on this one.That is simply NOT true. He was even offered Head Coach at Siegel and I know this for a fact. Proven coaches have rings.......and Marty has one....!!! I would rather see him at OHS than any other candidate, esp an ARROGANT one called Rankin.

Yes, he has a ring; however most people say he did it with kids toughened up by Butler. I also know he was offered the head coaching job at Siegel, as was his entire staff and the rest of the Oakland faculty.

So if Rankin was TRULY interested in this job, a man about to coach in his 10th(I think) state championship game, you would rather have someone that's only been once?

There's NOBODY out there you'd rather have??? At all???

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he has a ring; however most people say he did it with kids toughened up by Butler. I also know he was offered the head coaching job at Siegel, as was his entire staff and the rest of the Oakland faculty.

So if Rankin was TRULY interested in this job, a man about to coach in his 10th(I think) state championship game, you would rather have someone that's only been once?

There's NOBODY out there you'd rather have??? At all???

No, I do not want Rankin. I don't care how many rings he has. Being an OHS fan like me, I know you must know the story of Coach Griz and how lhis life changed so dramatically. Well, I know four young men who have never recovered from being a sr at Riverdale in 99 b/c of one person. Sometimes it is more about HOW you get treated than if you win.

Yes, I could definitely live with Crawford at Oakland!!! I think he gets results and truly cares about his players. I also like Jerry Joslin.

Most folk could win rings with all the athletes Riverdale had.......and I still say I would like to see him take over at a school like Red Boiling Springs. If he could win there, then give him the key to the state.

What about you? Who do you think should get it or who do you know has applied?

No, I do not want Rankin. I don't care how many rings he has. Being an OHS fan like me, I know you must know the story of Coach Griz and how lhis life changed so dramatically. Well, I know four young men who have never recovered from being a sr at Riverdale in 99 b/c of one person. Sometimes it is more about HOW you get treated than if you win.

Yes, I could definitely live with Crawford at Oakland!!! I think he gets results and truly cares about his players. I also like Jerry Joslin.

Most folk could win rings with all the athletes Riverdale had.......and I still say I would like to see him take over at a school like Red Boiling Springs. If he could win there, then give him the key to the state.

What about you? Who do you think should get it or who do you know has applied?

Crawford would be a great choice. However, I think if Collins is truly calling the shots he'll hire McDaniel from Moore Co. Just a guess though.

I just want a proven coach with a great staff and lots of energy.

Crawford would be a great choice. However, I think if Collins is truly calling the shots he'll hire McDaniel from Moore Co. Just a guess though.

I just want a proven coach with a great staff and lots of energy.

MCdaniel has one yr of head coaching experience. I have nothing against the guy whatsoever b/c I have always heard good things about him.......but he has been at 2 schools in 2 yrs. None of them have been 5A either. I don't think of him as proven yet. Do you think Collins is really the one in charge? I just can't see a football guy like Butch letting anyone have that much power.

MCdaniel has one yr of head coaching experience. I have nothing against the guy whatsoever b/c I have always heard good things about him.......but he has been at 2 schools in 2 yrs. None of them have been 5A either. I don't think of him as proven yet. Do you think Collins is really the one in charge? I just can't see a football guy like Butch letting anyone have that much power.

I heard someone at work mention Gaddis from Henry Co. also.

Everyone I've talked too said Collins is the one conducting all the interviews. I guess he takes the best ones to Vaughn.

I heard someone at work mention Gaddis from Henry Co. also.

Everyone I've talked too said Collins is the one conducting all the interviews. I guess he takes the best ones to Vaughn.

I know for a fact that Gaddis called last yr and inquired about the job at OHS. He has done well everywhere he has been. I would think he should be a leading candidate, but who knows? If Collins is conducting Round 1 interviews, I would say that Crawford is sunk then. Why is all this so hush hush? I just don't understand all the secrecy. It is almost as if they want to hire someone b/f anyone can put their 2 cents in. Makes me very suspicious.

Marty's record at Oakland speaks for itself, his 50-26 record at Oakland is one of the most successful periods for Oakland Football. However, I think his reputation at Oakland would take a major blow should he try to come back because I just dont think the results would be the same. Also like tdntn stated, if Euverard comes back, that probably brings Ferg back into the fold, and I just think that would too awkward of a situation for all involved. I have all the respect for Coach U, but I hope he and Oakland High School looks elsewhere.

Marty's record at Oakland speaks for itself, his 50-26 record at Oakland is one of the most successful periods for Oakland Football. However, I think his reputation at Oakland would take a major blow should he try to come back because I just dont think the results would be the same. Also like tdntn stated, if Euverard comes back, that probably brings Ferg back into the fold, and I just think that would too awkward of a situation for all involved. I have all the respect for Coach U, but I hope he and Oakland High School looks elsewhere.

I am just hoping it is a knowledgeable, excitable guy. I personally like to see the emotion on the sidelines and at practice. I have heard that we only had a few of these type coaches over the past couple of seasons and that this will be a crucial factor in the hiring. I am also ready to see what types of schemes will be employed so that we know what our kids will be doing. I am also anxious to see which coaches will be kept on the staff. Many of the present players have great relationships with the existing staff and I think just a touch of continuity would be benificial. Of course, this is just my opinion. Much talent will be returning and it will be an exciting time at OHS.

I am praying that you do have an inside source on this one. There is nothing that could make me happier than to see Marty U return HOME once again. I simply can't express how I feel about the very thought. HE is definitely the man for the job. He has proven himself already at Oakland. The man has discipline, desire, competitiveness, drive, and would know what he was getting into. The most important thing is that the man hates to Lose.....and his standards are very high that he sets for his players and himself. I know the players would be encouraged to put Christ first under his direction, and the rest would all fall into place.Geez........I hope you are right and are not just teasing me. I finally have some hope......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

2p...not messing around on this one...as i emailed you...i was just trying to get things worked up before

but this was a good source...now i don't know for sure...but it is a good source...

and...for those who doubt it...butch vaughn is very much hands on in this one...and collins is his processing partner...but butch is fully involved...i am sure of this

from this point forward...i will be straight up with ya...no more saying that "the sky is falling"... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and no more spook spickard and the gill boys as options... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Unless things have changed, I have heard Coach U deny any rumor that he would be the next HC at OHS. Also heard from a very reliable source that a great coach is being considered.

Yes, I have checked around and have heard the exact same thing. Oh well, it would have been great if true.

I guess only time will tell. Expect that it will be announced this weekend, and am pretty sure that the remainder of any interviews would just be a formality. I am sure the pick was decided a long time ago and they are just going through the motions to appease the candidates.

Yes, I have checked around and have heard the exact same thing. Oh well, it would have been great if true. I guess only time will tell. Expect that it will be announced this weekend, and am pretty sure that the remainder of any interviews would just be a formality. I am sure the pick was decided a long time ago and they are just going through the motions to appease the candidates.

One more week /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" this is getting to be unbarable--You guyz are killing me with this--O.K. I can handle one more week. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Yes, I have checked around and have heard the exact same thing. Oh well, it would have been great if true. I guess only time will tell. Expect that it will be announced this weekend, and am pretty sure that the remainder of any interviews would just be a formality. I am sure the pick was decided a long time ago and they are just going through the motions to appease the candidates.

One more week /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" this is getting to be unbarable--You guyz are killing me with this--O.K. I can handle one more week. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />