Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

Unless things have changed, I have heard Coach U deny any rumor that he would be the next HC at OHS. Also heard from a very reliable source that a great coach is being considered.

Who is this "great coach" that you speak of? We have all thown out some names that were never an option, but you seem to be in the know so who might it be?

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have checked around and have heard the exact same thing. Oh well, it would have been great if true.

I guess only time will tell. Expect that it will be announced this weekend, and am pretty sure that the remainder of any interviews would just be a formality. I am sure the pick was decided a long time ago and they are just going through the motions to appease the candidates.

2P im gonna disagree with you a little bit on this one while i think they may have had someon in mind for example crawford..(JUST AN EXAMPLE)I DONT THINK THEY WERE SET IN STONE ON THE CANDIDATE they had in mind rather it was flatt grawford or whoever else i truely think this is a wide open candidacy good luck i hope you find the "right" GUY FOR THE JOB

must b sum-1 from out of state then

I don't disagree with you much 2P, but I do on this one. If memory serves me correctly he was about to be fired from OHS right before he took the Jeff Co. job. The arrogance factor rubbed many people the wrong way. Oakland needs a proven coach. Coach U has had losing records at two of the three schools at which he's been head coach. I'm hoping our sights are aiming quite a bit higher.

coach u calls plays=playoffs 4 6 yrs, 1 ring, and 2 semis, beat riverdale twice

I am just hoping it is a knowledgeable, excitable guy. I personally like to see the emotion on the sidelines and at practice. I have heard that we only had a few of these type coaches over the past couple of seasons and that this will be a crucial factor in the hiring. I am also ready to see what types of schemes will be employed so that we know what our kids will be doing. I am also anxious to see which coaches will be kept on the staff. Many of the present players have great relationships with the existing staff and I think just a touch of continuity would be benificial. Of course, this is just my opinion. Much talent will be returning and it will be an exciting time at OHS.

2 much emotion=hothead=flags=you??

great relationships dont always = respect 4 a coach

imho only 1 asst. coach earns the rite 2 stay

coach moose

my cuz needs discipline

coaches aint in hs anymore

u aint there 2 b their friend

clank clank

Yes, I have checked around and have heard the exact same thing. Oh well, it would have been great if true.

A great man he is. Coach U is more than a coach in every aspect. Great coach, and a great person.

O-linefury, as to who that man is, I feel out of respect to him and his school it would be inappropriate to release it publicly. I'm not saying he's the next head coach at OHS, just saying his name is being mentioned and has ties to one of the principals at OHS if my memory serves me correctly. I certainly don't claim to be in the know, just have an extremely respectable/commendable source on this matter.

A great man he is. Coach U is more than a coach in every aspect. Great coach, and a great person.

O-linefury, as to who that man is, I feel out of respect to him and his school it would be inappropriate to release it publicly. I'm not saying he's the next head coach at OHS, just saying his name is being mentioned and has ties to one of the principals at OHS if my memory serves me correctly. I certainly don't claim to be in the know, just have an extremely respectable/commendable source on this matter.

You are right on the money about Marty U. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I miss him on the sidelines, but I will be heading more to BGA to support him next year.

Could you tell me if the coach you are referring to has had yrs of experience as a head coach? I don't want a rookie.

u r dead on lil pup.

You are right on the money about Marty U. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I miss him on the sidelines, but I will be heading more to BGA to support him next year.

Could you tell me if the coach you are referring to has had yrs of experience as a head coach? I don't want a rookie.

I'm certainly not anywhere as close to the Oakland Football program as you are, but maybe a fresh face wouldn't be too bad. Coach U has played an integral part in turning the program around at BGA. You certainly won't meet many men like Coach U, they are few and far between.

Yes, the man I speak of has head coaching experience. He has great knowledge on both sides of the ball and is a master motivator. He is VERY organized, and also has experience on more than one occasion on turning a football program around.