Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

I am reminded of the line from "Field of Dreams", build it (indoor facility) and he will come. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously though 'if' he was really there it was probably to see if he could borrow the indoor facility for a walk thru for his players from Alcoa when they get here for the State game. He REALLY does like indoor facilities and uses them whenever he can, and has a habit of getting places a day before they have to so they won't be wore out from the long ride.

Then again he maybe tempted by the idea of FREE hotdogs! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry 2p but I had to do it.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will any of the asst. stay /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I know the Moose man is a good and reliable coach /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Really don't know anything about Fergeson /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Isn't there a Coach Hannah and another coach who coached at Willie Central /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Good luck guyz

I think it will be up to the new coach as to who gets to stay or go. Some of them may want to leave themselves or be offered other opportunities. I am hearing Coach Ferg has another option to pursue in coaching. I agree with what you said about Moose. His defenses have been the bright spots in some low moments. I would think anyone coming in would appreciate his experience and work ethic, but who really knows?? Coach Hannah has done well in his adjustment to varisty and did a great job as freshman head coach. The freshman hc is also from WC. I don't know his name but the team did very well this yr. If the new guy is a wingt man, I would say he keeps the guy. The other freshman coaches were old OHS players who are in college and were volunteering ....Coach Luter and Coach Griz. Both are fantastic fellows with tons of enthusiasm. The kids responded well to them. As for the other varisty coaches, they are all young, hard-working, and enthusiastic and may already be pursuing other avenues. I heard Coach Linnell is coaching baseball, and that Coach Cowan may be looking at some asst principal spots. Some may have applied at Eagleville. Your guess is as good as mine.

thtruth....rumors say Coach Brown applied. What do you know about this rumor?

I think it will be up to the new coach as to who gets to stay or go. Some of them may want to leave themselves or be offered other opportunities. I am hearing Coach Ferg has another option to pursue in coaching. I agree with what you said about Moose. His defenses have been the bright spots in some low moments. I would think anyone coming in would appreciate his experience and work ethic, but who really knows?? Coach Hannah has done well in his adjustment to varisty and did a great job as freshman head coach. The freshman hc is also from WC. I don't know his name but the team did very well this yr. If the new guy is a wingt man, I would say he keeps the guy. The other freshman coaches were old OHS players who are in college and were volunteering ....Coach Luter and Coach Griz. Both are fantastic fellows with tons of enthusiasm. The kids responded well to them. As for the other varisty coaches, they are all young, hard-working, and enthusiastic and may already be pursuing other avenues. I heard Coach Linnell is coaching baseball, and that Coach Cowan may be looking at some asst principal spots. Some may have applied at Eagleville. Your guess is as good as mine.

this is all conjecture on my part............NOTHING based on any facts!!

first...............Brown; I would say that has xeroxed his resume to all and any job that is open. I will be surprised if he is at Lebanon next season.

second.............Crawford has probably already been offered the job and might have already agreed to take it

third..............if Crawford goes to Oakland; then Lavergne may have an open head slot, because Hester will try to go HOME to Brentwood.

this is purely conjecture............absolutely no facts other than the spec about Brown.

sos

No word in Lebanon on Brown--my boyz aren't saying anything /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Don't blame him if he does leave, Thdevils will be down after next year--Big time--Better get out while the gettin is good /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> we'll see /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I am reminded of the line from "Field of Dreams", build it (indoor facility) and he will come. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously though 'if' he was really there it was probably to see if he could borrow the indoor facility for a walk thru for his players from Alcoa when they get here for the State game. He REALLY does like indoor facilities and uses them whenever he can, and has a habit of getting places a day before they have to so they won't be wore out from the long ride.

Then again he maybe tempted by the idea of FREE hotdogs! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry 2p but I had to do it.

truth. warriors practiced at Ohio State's and Tennessee's indoor facilities his last year here in 2005. players got to tour the weight rooms and the historic areas at both facilities and saw 2 crystal BCS champship balls. at UT they even got to dress in their locker room (prior to the game at Oak Ridge)

No word in Lebanon on Brown--my boyz aren't saying anything /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Don't blame him if he does leave, Thdevils will be down after next year--Big time--Better get out while the gettin is good /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> we'll see /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

coffee shop talk is that former LHS assistant Josh Brown has been seen on campus. he may have been looking fo r the towels, balls, and kicking tees.

Sorry guys, I am just finding out about a few things and had some questions. How long has the search for the new coach been going on? Where is the administration in the search process? I see you talking about Coach Rankin, who are the other leading candidates? Are they still fielding applications and trying to narrow the field down?