Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the wingt guru Mac McCurry???He is 12-0 in miss right now and is 39-5 in 3yrs down there.

What about Tommy Tharpe he is a great coach and turned around a horrible situation into region runner up this year in just 3 yrs!

and Finally William Johnson.......just kiddin on this one!

Well the rumor out of tullahoma is Mac McCurry has been approached about Franklin County. Mother and Daughter, I heard live in the area and he would like to come back. I don't know who approached him, but I heard someone did this fall.

I feel like we are going to get some really good candidates. I am anxious to hear some definite names.

What I don't want is someone who is going to come but be looking over his shoulder for the next better thing to come along. Meaning someone who has been with several programs in a short period of time like that Meadows guy that used to be at Jeff County. I want someone that plans to be with us a LONG time. I want someone who is not trying to come to bump their retirement pay, someone who doesn't have a history of interviewing at other schools to get a raise, or a talent jumper. These kids need committment and consistency.

the gill boys might get a look

one is the brother of the superten. of schools and one is the nephew

they both are refs...and KNOW EVERYTHING about football /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...if you don't believe it...just ask them... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

one even has a tatoo of ohio state on his leg...so he must know football... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

butch is a good friend of the superten. of schools...so maybe they are working a deal

just heard this through the grapevine... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

or maybe the last coach butch hired...SPOOK SPICKARD will get the job......coach at blackman middle schhool...now that is a name for ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

the gill boys might get a look

one is the brother of the superten. of schools and one is the nephew

they both are refs...and KNOW EVERYTHING about football /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...if you don't believe it...just ask them... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

one even has a tatoo of ohio state on his leg...so he must know football... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

butch is a good friend of the superten. of schools...so maybe they are working a deal

just heard this through the grapevine... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

or maybe the last coach butch hired...SPOOK SPICKARD will get the job......coach at blackman middle schhool...now that is a name for ya /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is this a joke? I thought the Gills only coach girls bball.

Does the guy at Blackman Middle have HS experience?

What about the wingt guru Mac McCurry???He is 12-0 in miss right now and is 39-5 in 3yrs down there.

What about Tommy Tharpe he is a great coach and turned around a horrible situation into region runner up this year in just 3 yrs!

and Finally William Johnson.......just kiddin on this one!

What about that other Wing T guru? that one w/ the unstoppable middle school team down in Winchester? I herad that they were ranked in the top 25 in the seldom seen national Jr. High poll! The guy is a freakin coaching machine! You don't know pure joy untill you have seen this man work a sideline!!!!

What about that other Wing T guru? that one w/ the unstoppable middle school team down in Winchester? I herad that they were ranked in the top 25 in the seldom seen national Jr. High poll! The guy is a freakin coaching machine! You don't know pure joy untill you have seen this man work a sideline!!!!

I have no clue who you are talking about, but sometimes jr high great coaching doesn't always translate to high school. Just like great coaching with Brentwood Academy type kids doesn't always translate to success at a school with the highest free lunch ratio in the county. Those things need to be taken into consideration. We have a very different school population than we had even 6 yrs ago.

The Coach you are referring to must be Coach K. Reed. Five foot Five inches, but stands 10 foot tall with his players. A class act. Excitng to watch his team. Not getting the recognition in my view he should for a great year.