Gibbs coach hanging it up

littlemn88

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be a great opportunity for Gibbs to get a fresh start. Along time Coach retires is a good time to get some new blood. Someone who can revitalize the program. If the Gibbs/Catholic guy is on staff seems to me it would be same ole same ole. Need a guy to bring some excitement to the Gibbs program. Keep the Gibbs kids in Gibbs. I am pretty sure several Gibbs zoned students are attending other schools and playing football. Central has a few.

From my understanding coach Jessie from cumberland gap is already trying to develop a staff in case this happens to work out for him. I dont know him personally but I heard from a friend that the school that I cheer for on Fridays may be losing a coach next season. It looks like he is wanting to bring in some good coaches that know what it takes to win. I dont want to mention any names but he has been talking to some people about the offensive & defensive co-ordinator positions. He wants to keep his offense & trust the play-calling to someone that just finished up a 12-2 season & qualified for the 5A state semi-finals. On the defense it looks like there are talks with a guy that made it to the 2nd round of the 4A play-offs. So it looks like there are 3 people that know what it takes to win ready to lead Gibbs to prominence.

This seems to be a great opportunity for Gibbs to get a fresh start. Along time Coach retires is a good time to get some new blood. Someone who can revitalize the program. If the Gibbs/Catholic guy is on staff seems to me it would be same ole same ole. Need a guy to bring some excitement to the Gibbs program. Keep the Gibbs kids in Gibbs. I am pretty sure several Gibbs zoned students are attending other schools and playing football. Central has a few.

I have talked to a few of the football players that are returning from last years team. They have told me they fill like they are going to hire a coach that is on the staff now. If this is true that would be a big fumble. These players I have talked to would like for them to go outside the staff and yes they are starters on last years team. They want to win.

They want to be able to workout and not be told to get out. Gibbs needs new blood with new ideas, someone that is going to push them to become better at football.( not fishing )

I have talked to a few of the football players that are returning from last years team. They have told me they fill like they are going to hire a coach that is on the staff now. If this is true that would be a big fumble. These players I have talked to would like for them to go outside the staff and yes they are starters on last years team. They want to win.

They want to be able to workout and not be told to get out. Gibbs needs new blood with new ideas, someone that is going to push them to become better at football.( not fishing )

The coach with Gibbs/Catholic connections knows how to win (duh-look at Catholic's record-he coached them as middle school kids). Hey Backlash - that was a cheap shot- if the kids are dedicated, they will work out ( the new coach doesn't fish) and hopefully they will show up. Backlash - You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh**. J

The coach with Gibbs/Catholic connections knows how to win (duh-look at Catholic's record-he coached them as middle school kids). Hey Backlash - that was a cheap shot- if the kids are dedicated, they will work out ( the new coach doesn't fish) and hopefully they will show up. Backlash - You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh**. J

What middle school would this be. As far as the Catholic High School Allstar Team made up of kids from all over the state that can not win the big one, what is your point. I still have not heard a name yet and the last head coach along with the currant staff would run everybody out of the weight room. Insidescoop, all I am trying to say is the kids at Gibbs wants to win and they want to work at it, but the coaching staff acts like they do not want to put in the time, they have something better to do. (fishing). Has this so called new coach ever been a high school head coach before. If not what does he coach and what makes him so good in your eyes besides the fact he coached middle school.