Spring Hill Football

Willie

Cox was a really good coach. I hear that Stone was offered the job but turned it down. I knew he wouldn't want it. I hope we can get a real steal like Giles and Marshall Co. got in the past two years. Rush Propst anyone? ha.

But whoever comes is walking into a heap of talent and a good, young passer in to be Junior Broc Loveless....whoever it is...GET OUR OFFENSE FLOWING!!!!

[/quote

Spring Hill is no longer a little hole in the wall, They have great potential for a football team, They need to SPEND SOME money to get a good coach, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!. When Springhill went to the playoffs last year this town finally became alive and supportive of the football program, You need a mature head coach that knows how to win, and has the record to prove it. Spring Hill's football program could be exploding withing the next 2 years if you get the right coaching staff in there, and also you get kids to join if you win. You gotta want to coach and not just collect the pay check. I dont know who was calling the offensive plays this year, but they have go to go, my 12 year old was calling better plays than they were.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see that this question has brought out so many new opinions. It show that people in spring hill/ columbia care about Spring Hill. I urge all new comers to come out and support the team on every friday night. I hope that the search for a new coach goes well and that the new coach comes in ready to work. I know the team will.

Well SHRaiders...I don't think it's going to be just you and me representing Spring Hill on these threads anymore...looks like a few of these posters are making their first posts and seem to be Spring Hill fans and or alumni.

Football3-You hit it right on the dot when you said that the town came alive last year. We had more people at the Lexington game than Lexington did and we were 2 hours away.

I think our first home game next year will probably be vs Central, seeing as we owe Alcoa a return trip. So wouldn't that be a nice present for our new coach to give us at his first home game?

Well SHRaiders...I don't think it's going to be just you and me representing Spring Hill on these threads anymore...looks like a few of these posters are making their first posts and seem to be Spring Hill fans and or alumni.

Football3-You hit it right on the dot when you said that the town came alive last year. We had more people at the Lexington game than Lexington did and we were 2 hours away.

I think our first home game next year will probably be vs Central, seeing as we owe Alcoa a return trip. So wouldn't that be a nice present for our new coach to give us at his first home game?

I used to enjoy the Spring Hill games many moons ago when Spring Hill was in 1a along with mTp--those were the days--lots of fan support. I hope/wish that atmosphere would/will return with a fresh coach and a fresh attitude!!

I used to enjoy the Spring Hill games many moons ago when Spring Hill was in 1a along with mTp--those were the days--lots of fan support. I hope/wish that atmosphere would/will return with a fresh coach and a fresh attitude!!

Fresh is the key word, we need new direction with this program, we need to look outside of the "Good O Boy Network" We need to recruit, if we are not happy with the applicants that apply then go look for them. Marshall county did it, and they are in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Well I think that who ever they bring in does need to be someone that is proven. We need a hard nose that knows how to win not someone that is going to try and learn on the fly. I would luv to see an asst. from a great program come in and shake up the whole staff. And whoever said the play alling was a joke well I coulden't agree more. I went to every game this year and in the Lipscomb and the giles games I swear we ran qb sneek up the middle 20 to 30 times and had no yards. The bottom line is the old coach just waisted a great QB for the last 4 yeasr and ran off the best RB that spring hill has seen in ten years last season (J. Walker). I think that kid had D-1 skills and the coach ran him off, come on you don't waist talent like that. Heck the only reason the team went on a run last year was because of that senior class "THEY HAD HEART" COACHING HAD VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH IT! So bring on the new guy and pump some new life into a once proud program! Through thick and thin GO RAIDERS!

JMS-Walker kind of ran himself out of the picture. He got into some trouble.

We ran QB sneak so many times that it wasn't funny. We couldn't pass either because Magwan had no time in the pocket because of our terrible line. I'm tired of watching SH be the whipping boy of the region...it's time to turn it around and whip everyone else.