All Mid State

Funman

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigers1234

Congratulations to the All Mid State team. Very nice job by Harold Huggins a very fine reporter and one of the few advocates for prep athletes in a pro town. Hard to argue with his selections, sure in an area as large as middle tennessee someone was left out if they played on a small school that didn't advance to the next level. All in all a very nice job, thanks Harold,

Looks to me like they left out some large public school players. I guess 8AAA didn't have a single player worthy of first or second team.

This makes for a good argument to go back to a single team for each class.

[Edited by std on 6/7/02 6:31P]

Overall, the way I see it, you must get through the first round of te region to have a chance for midstate. Some good names were left out because they got put out the first round of the regions. It should be chosen by stats, not how many games are won by a team or how far you go in the state.

Stats don't tell the whole story...there are girls who don't have a .490 avg but were their teams MVP...Hits with runners in scoring position...runs scored...on base %...Flawless fielding.....some teams who never really play anyone can have fat stats and then they don't get to state and then people complain because they are not on the team.......if they were that great seems the team should've been in Chattanooga......How type of team did they compile that .490 avg against???