All Mid State

Funman

one of the posts said players should not be considered if they didn't make it past the first round of the region. what if a team made it all the way to the substate and lost to the eventual state champs and didn't have any players make it? i am talking about columbia academy. they had a great season and in particular they have two great players that both should have made all midstate. candis littrell, ss, and hollie sanders, c, should both have made it. anyone agree? littrell is a great leadoff and has a tremendous arm at short, while sanders was rock solid in the third position and no one better dare run on her while she is catching. both of these girls have great size and are definite d-1 players.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that the selection of the all mid state team was done very well. the weiland girl was a excellent player and her stats proved it. the only thing that i believe held her back was that the stats were only against 7AAA teams. her team didn't even make it past the district tournaments. there were girls on the all mid state team that had extremely high averages against the top teams in the state. thats why they were named to all mid state. congrats to her on all her achievements which are countless. i think you all should be thankful for all that she was blessed with instead of complaining about the one thing she didn't get.

You can't believe all of these stats. The scorekeepers for some of the teams are parents. In some cases they are too easy in scoring and sometimes they just plain pad their own kid's stats, sorry but it is true. In other cases they don't know all of the particulars because they don't have the experience, yet. The coaches truly know who to submit and must do so for it to be accurate. The combination of coaches picks for their players as well as opposing players plus good stats can make it much more accurate. The newspaper generally covers the big games and state so their exposure to players is limited. Coaches need to step up to make it right!!

P.S. Which team is better this year or last? I say last year by far.

Where are you from? Weiland posted impressive numbers and truly deserved being on the All- Midstate squad. Yes, Riverdale does play in District 7-AAA and yes the Lady Warriors did play a competitve non-district schedule. No, they didn't get out of the district but maybe the reason for that brings me back to my question.Where are you from 02player?

District 7-AAA is a very competitive district with a lot of balance throughout the league. Oakland finished fourth in the state this year, a member of District 7-AAA.

Where are you from 02player, but then again I can probably guess. Let's give crtedit where credit is due, and don't underestimate the players or leagues, who do not use this service to boast about their teams and players.

Maybe why Weiland and District 7-AAA teams don't much respect, on here or in public, is because they let their actions speak instead of their keyboards.

02player Help me out with this matter.

My point is that the team is driven by stats. The stats can vary based on strength of schedule and just being inaccurate because of bias. The Weiland kid is a great player I have seen her many times in the summer(Wild Things). Stats and votes from coaches leave little doubt for All-Midstate!