Cane Ridge

Croach

Guest workinprogress

How long till you start going after these jobs?

I actually talked to Eric a while back at our game. He joked that the Bowdens coach against each other so why couldnt I move up to high school. Maybe Eric's right. I dont know how long it will be. If the right assistant position opened up I would apply but so far that position has not opened up. Plus I still have to go back to get certified and licensure at the secondary level. Who knows, I could be stuck where I am for a while. If thats the case then at least I know I am feeding some great high school coaches some decent players and hopefully helping them out giving them players that know the basic concepts of their system.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually talked to Eric a while back at our game. He joked that the Bowdens coach against each other so why couldnt I move up to high school. Maybe Eric's right. I dont know how long it will be. If the right assistant position opened up I would apply but so far that position has not opened up. Plus I still have to go back to get certified and licensure at the secondary level. Who knows, I could be stuck where I am for a while. If thats the case then at least I know I am feeding some great high school coaches some decent players and hopefully helping them out giving them players that know the basic concepts of their system.

Go get certified and apply at Cane Ridge,depending on the coach. I think it would be a good fit for you. Don't wait long to go get certified, it will be easy to talk yourself out of going back to school. While you at it, start your master's as well.

Guest workinprogress

Go get certified and apply at Cane Ridge,depending on the coach. I think it would be a good fit for you. Don't wait long to go get certified, it will be easy to talk yourself out of going back to school. While you at it, start your master's as well.

Ha ... you sound like dad. I have thought about getting a waiver and applying to a couple places. I will probably go back this summer and take a couple courses. Whenever I finish becoming certified I will stay and start my masters. Cane Ridge might be a good situation depending on the coach. It might be a good place to get my feet wet.

You don't find 'em like Coach Wilson anymore. I got one for ya.....Give me a mental mile!!!

HAHA!!

That was a flashback. Nobody could get away with a mismatched outfit (head to toe) better than Coach Wilson. He was one of the good guys and he's gonna be missed. I can remember he and Scotty running the concessions at the old AHS gym when I was playing junior pro basketball. Just a cool cat all the way around. Always felt like I learned something from him.

If Abner does not go to Cane Ridge a very good choice would be Eric Felts. He is a coach at Indpendence and a graduate of Antioch. Has all the qualities to be a Head coach if he chooses.

I agree wholeheartedly with my coach here. Eric Felts would be a great hire at Cane Ridge. He knows the area, he's young and energetic, he's a disciplinarian, and he doesn't take crap from anybody. Which probably means that Metro wouldn't hire him, LOL!!

Seriously, I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago at the Tennessee-Arkansas game and I think he's going to make somebody a great head coach one day. A place like Oakland or Cane Ridge would be silly not to ask about him.

HAHA!!

That was a flashback. Nobody could get away with a mismatched outfit (head to toe) better than Coach Wilson. He was one of the good guys and he's gonna be missed. I can remember he and Scotty running the concessions at the old AHS gym when I was playing junior pro basketball. Just a cool cat all the way around. Always felt like I learned something from him.

I agree wholeheartedly with my coach here. Eric Felts would be a great hire at Cane Ridge. He knows the area, he's young and energetic, he's a disciplinarian, and he doesn't take crap from anybody. Which probably means that Metro wouldn't hire him, LOL!!

Seriously, I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago at the Tennessee-Arkansas game and I think he's going to make somebody a great head coach one day. A place like Oakland or Cane Ridge would be silly not to ask about him.

When are we going to go to lunch?

Ha ... you sound like dad. I have thought about getting a waiver and applying to a couple places. I will probably go back this summer and take a couple courses. Whenever I finish becoming certified I will stay and start my masters. Cane Ridge might be a good situation depending on the coach. It might be a good place to get my feet wet.

When you do get that job, don't forget who told you to onside kick every kickoff for a whole season and go for it on fourth and 20 from the 2. Of course, you won't be able to do that in High School, but the reason why is what's important.

Guest workinprogress

When you do get that job, don't forget who told you to onside kick every kickoff for a whole season and go for it on fourth and 20 from the 2. Of course, you won't be able to do that in High School, but the reason why is what's important.

Yeah yeah who would have thought that we would recover half of our on sides kicks? Who would have thought that if we had our QB crouch down on 4th and throw it as high as he could that our guys could run down catch the ball and then race 70 yards for a touchdown untouched because their return man got out of the way? And who would have expected us to go for it on 4th at our own 2 yard line, catch a slant and run 80 yards for a first? Oh well it all worked but none of this would work on the high school level. Our advantage where we are is that we can try some of this crazy stuff and most of the time it works just like we planned. I wouldnt try half of the stuff we do at the next level. We would look stupid. Put your resume in to Cane Ridge. Whoever gets it will need some good assistants.

HAHA!!

Here is the word from Thompson's Station...

Felts' two boys will be raised in Williamson County schools (unless a "dream job" opens up). That's why he didn't even apply for a metro job. Would he like to be a head coach one day...yes. Would he sacrifice his children's education and future by putting them in a metro school just so he can be called a head coach....NOPE.

He likes where he's at...and he's busy trying to add another ring to his collection this Saturday. The staff at IHS is tight and work well together. What he has at Independence he'll never have in a metro school. Unless something miraculous happens I look for him to be at Independence for a while. The area is a "goldmine" of talent coming up (and moving in).

Guest workinprogress

Here is the word from Thompson's Station...

Felts' two boys will be raised in Williamson County schools (unless a "dream job" opens up). That's why he didn't even apply for a metro job. Would he like to be a head coach one day...yes. Would he sacrifice his children's education and future by putting them in a metro school just so he can be called a head coach....NOPE.

He likes where he's at...and he's busy trying to add another ring to his collection this Saturday. The staff at IHS is tight and work well together. What he has at Independence he'll never have in a metro school. Unless something miraculous happens I look for him to be at Independence for a while. The area is a "goldmine" of talent coming up (and moving in).

Thats the same impression I got. Indy seems like a great place and the facilities are brand new. The game we had against them the stands were packed so I know that the community supports them. As far as the education part, Cane Ridge is supposed to be unlike any school around. We'll see if that holds true. I am sure that Eric is confident in his current house location in Williamson Co. and I am sure his kids will have a decent educational experience. I too look for him to stick around Indy for awhile, why would he leave?