Lenoir City Head Coach Resigns

lcfootball101

If you go to the Greenevillle school site this is the 2007 coaches: Head Coach: Steve McCurry

Assistant Coaches:

Danny Bentley, Dan Hammonds, Caine Ballard, Eddie Spradlen, Cody Baugh, Bill Brimer, Ed Tilson, Dustin Moore, Ben Hunter, Greg Dykes, Hulen Brady

Where is Mike Zeller?

Edit....I think I figured it out, he coached from 99-06 and stepped down (?)

http://greenevillefootball.com/coaching_records.htm this the website of the coaching records were he coached from 1999-2006. You can also look at the previous records of teams he coached on the website that Kev O gave you

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to the Greenevillle school site this is the 2007 coaches: Head Coach: Steve McCurry

Assistant Coaches:

Danny Bentley, Dan Hammonds, Caine Ballard, Eddie Spradlen, Cody Baugh, Bill Brimer, Ed Tilson, Dustin Moore, Ben Hunter, Greg Dykes, Hulen Brady

Where is Mike Zeller?

Edit....I think I figured it out, he coached from 99-06 and stepped down (?)

yeah you got to look around. lol there i told yall thats my Christmas present to yall. Word on the street up here is the reason why he stepped down was school politics i dont know if thats true or not. The guy i talked to today said when Coach Zeller told him he was going to "THE LC" he had never seen coach Zeller that happy.

yeah you got to look around. lol there i told yall thats my Christmas present to yall. Word on the street up here is the reason why he stepped down was school politics i dont know if thats true or not. The guy i talked to today said when Coach Zeller told him he was going to "THE LC" he had never seen coach Zeller that happy.

Thanks for the present! And anyone would be happy coming to "THE LC" LOL All joking aside sounds like a real good hire for LC, I didn't know what to expect really.

Will this coach be able to run the program his way or will he get most of his input from the administration boosters and parents? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He should be able to run his program his way. Like any program, there are many parents at LC who think they should be assistance coaches. I am sure Coach Zeller knows how to deal with them based on his experience. He is inheriting a team that returns there entire group of WR's and a strong armed QB that was a back-up last year. However, most of the starting offensive linemen graduated (except 2 I think?) . Not alot of size but hopefully Coach Zeller will be able to adapt his offense around the talent he inherits. Glad to hear he is excited about LC. I think LC will be excited to have him as well.

Any idea why he left after 2006 and why there are no stats on the Greenville web site from 2006?? Was there a fallout up there between Coach and administration or players??

He should be able to run his program his way. Like any program, there are many parents at LC who think they should be assistance coaches. I am sure Coach Zeller knows how to deal with them based on his experience. He is inheriting a team that returns there entire group of WR's and a strong armed QB that was a back-up last year. However, most of the starting offensive linemen graduated (except 2 I think?) . Not alot of size but hopefully Coach Zeller will be able to adapt his offense around the talent he inherits. Glad to hear he is excited about LC. I think LC will be excited to have him as well.

Any idea why he left after 2006 and why there are no stats on the Greenville web site from 2006?? Was there a fallout up there between Coach and administration or players??

I dont think he kept stats in 06. He went 9-4 in O3 but 04 was when stuff started going down hill, he went 5-6, 5-5, an 4-6. In 2006 greeneville lost to Davy crockett which was i think the first lose to them in like 14 years. so that didn't help him.

I dont think he kept stats in 06. He went 9-4 in O3 but 04 was when stuff started going down hill, he went 5-6, 5-5, an 4-6. In 2006 greeneville lost to Davy crockett which was i think the first lose to them in like 14 years. so that didn't help him.

Kevo, I see Greeneville was in the playoffs most of the years he was the coach. What happened in 2004-05??