Lenoir City Head Coach Resigns

lcfootball101

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing yet, I'm guessing after the state championship games are over, give those folks a chance at the job if they want it. If we hear anything, we'll post it here! The banquet is this Sunday, maybe some rumors will come from there.

Is this a situation worth getting involved in? A friend of mine is looking into some jobs in the area, and he has been a part of a beating on the "Green Devil" that some have mentioned. He knows his stuff. Would the community and administration be supportive? Even if they hire an outsider? Offer your opinion please.

Is this a situation worth getting involved in? A friend of mine is looking into some jobs in the area, and he has been a part of a beating on the "Green Devil" that some have mentioned. He knows his stuff. Would the community and administration be supportive? Even if they hire an outsider? Offer your opinion please.

I am very certain that the community would be supportive and is hungry for a good football program that is disciplined and competitive. I also think the administration will offer the support that is needed to be successful. To take a program that has only won 1 of it's last 20 games and make them competitive would make someone look like a "hero". I think most people are realistic and understand ROme wasn't built in a day and just want to see improvement. Outsider, insider, I don't think it matters one bit as long as it's the right person for the job. Tell your friend to contact the athletic director and put his name in the hat. GOod luck!

I have been told that none of the assistant coaches applied for the head job, so I would say the new hire will have come from the outside.

If they would drop back down to 3A, there would be a lot more people apply. I don't think Lenior City will ever win in Region 3 AAAA. Just my opinion. Good luck in the search for a new coach. Hope you guys can turn it around.

That's not a choice they have. Classification is determined by enrollment.

That's not a choice they have. Classification is determined by enrollment.

Around here it would be "pick your poison". If you are 3A , you might be able to win some more games but you still have to play Fulton, Austin-East (we beat Fulton in 2004, the last year we were in the playoffs) or in 4A you get Maryville, Central, Halls, West, Powell. It will all change in 2009 when they adjust the regions. Rumor is , Lenoir City may be in a Region south of Knoxville (Cleveland, Chattanooga, etc..) I think this is a great job for someone that would like to build a program. Most people know it's not going to happen overnight and would be patient with a new coach as long as progress is made.