Lenoir City Head Coach Resigns

lcfootball101

Hey now we are getting somewhere!

I don't know how much the high school system helps when a kid is young, but getting in there and teaching fundamentals is paramount. I think the system would become important in middle school, but as long as they are being taught the basics before then then it would only help.

My high school only had about 1/3 of it's players who had played ANY kind of organized football before high school for a long time, and the program began to suffer before other programs finally started. The coaches also started a youth league as well, and to some extent (many factors involved), it has paid dividends.

Plus, being out there and doing any kind of athletic activity only helps to develop the physical part of the players too.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do start young around here and play through the 8th grade so that helps. I heard this past season that the high school coaches and the little league coaches wouldn't even talk, I know that can't help. You think back to when you was in the 4th or 5th grade how huge it would have been for the high school coach come give you a pointer or two, or even the high school QB show you something! I don't put the blame completly on the high school or little league coaches, the town itself needs to get more involved, but the coaches need to work together.

They do start young around here and play through the 8th grade so that helps. I heard this past season that the high school coaches and the little league coaches wouldn't even talk, I know that can't help. You think back to when you was in the 4th or 5th grade how huge it would have been for the high school coach come give you a pointer or two, or even the high school QB show you something! I don't put the blame completly on the high school or little league coaches, the town itself needs to get more involved, but the coaches need to work together.

I can tell you that when the youth leagues have their banquet they invite some of the varsity players from Maryville to speek to these kids and they love it . I don`t know if you were at the Maryville L.C. ball game but when there is a High school game all the kids show up in there jerseys and when the game is over the fans go out onto the field kids ask players for pictures or wrist bands and the players give it to them all these little things all contribute to the great program the Maryville comunity has built and is proud to be a part of .Also that is why G.Q. has strict discipline because he knows these kids look up to the high school athletes no long hair no facial hair no tobacco ,alcohol or drugs or foul language. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They need to work together, but the youth coaches need to run the HS program or it doesn't matter how many coke colas they share together.

"They need to work together, but the youth coaches need to run the HS program or it doesn't matter how many coke colas they share together. "

Do you mean the youth coaches should determine the High School's offense and defense playbooks?

I believe to be sucessful, the youth leagues should teach a basic form of the high school playbook as determined by the high school coach. The high school coaches should help train, be involved, and be available to assist as has been mention in previous posts, but the direction of both programs should be in the same direction with the high school coach being the captain steering the ship.

I believe this is the way the Maryville programs works.

"They need to work together, but the youth coaches need to run the HS program or it doesn't matter how many coke colas they share together. "

Do you mean the youth coaches should determine the High School's offense and defense playbooks?

I believe to be sucessful, the youth leagues should teach a basic form of the high school playbook as determined by the high school coach. The high school coaches should help train, be involved, and be available to assist as has been mention in previous posts, but the direction of both programs should be in the same direction with the high school coach being the captain steering the ship.

That `s the way it works ,The Maryville system may not be the best thing but it works for us. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think by high school program they meant plays. Loudon has a great success doing this and they are a good program year after year.

Hey cobra,

How would someone halfway interested get info into how to get into the coaching ranks for the Maryville teams?

You would need to talk to the Blount CO. parks and rec and they can help you 983-9244 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You would need to talk to the Blount CO. parks and rec and they can help you 983-9244 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I lucked up on it one time on their website when searching for the Smoky Mtn. Classic schedule, but from everythign I read I couldn't tell if you got in through there or got on with a team first. I appreciate it.