FCS @ South Pitt

busted knuckles

yooooeeee can we jest drop dis whole runnin dat score up mess? Dem green fellers got crushed by dem pirates. Dey did whut dey had to do. we will be ok. Good luck to dem g-men. Ole Possumtowners got a mess of friends from up yonder in that neck of da woods. I'll be a pullin fer ye. I mite even try and make it over dat mountain friday nite one more time but I aint got no blue to ware. I can jest stand in dat endzone with dat coach of dem yeller jackets

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep there you go....a butt whooping...I knew it was coming......guys like you create the "vitriolic" posts with your MORONIC stats and preface them with phrases like "Oh i wasn't there' or "opinions are like armpits" where's the "private schools recruit" stuff....can't wait for that one.

Although I will still hope Region 4 wins it will not be so bad when I see YOUR posts after S Pitt rolls thru....wonder how many would be for FC if the tables were turned? We all know the answer to that one

On that last note I will fold and retire my sweater vest till basketball season

DTRUTH knows your pain /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Promise????

First of all, congrats to SP on what appears to be a season to remember and one for the record books. They can just keep shuffling in the backs and have plenty of depth there. The pirates seem to have a very fine team and as I was standing there, I found myself cheering for them as well. I even envisioned my son maybe wearing the orange and black one day, and that is tough being a proud marion supporter. I might also add that I think I have quite a bit of football knowledge and what I saw towards the end of that game was anything but calling off the dogs. Surley, old pirate, you don't expect anyone to believe that vic called them off. You don't call off the dogs by passing the ball late in the game, whether it is your supposed weak point or not. You don't call them off by running your weaker plays, you call them off by putting in your young kids or kids who don't get to play the position very much. Then you still run the same plays and try to score and it doesn't look that bad. You don't leave your number one QB and RB in there the whole game. I know that the number two qb didn't dress out, but the millard kid that took the last snap probably would have loved to get some game action in the playoffs besides that last snap. There were plenty of kids out there that didn't get a chance to play at all that could have been played. The seniors deserve to play in many of their last year playing football, but that is also how they can get hurt and it can turn a season around quickly. Luckily, the frendship coach had enough class not to try to send someone in to hurt one of them. I can't say I would have had the same class. It also doesn't matter what a coach might have done last year, show that you have more class than him and a better program by playing the young kids in the game.

Your right where you need to be Marion Supporter! By your own admission you don't have the class to be at South Pitt. I question your football knowledge also!

Truth is the way South Pitt runs the ball and with the depth you have at tailback throwing the ball with the clock running and becaue the mercy rule is in effect was probably a better way to run out the clock.

In my opinion had South Pitt handed it off they probably would have scored. I see it as a opportunity for them to work on some plays and get some good practice time for your passing game that you might need down the road.

Again as I stated before if SP stays focused and does not beat themselves no one comes withing two touchdowns. I told some people yesterday that the last team I saw with this kind of speed was when Riverdale

had the Roper twins in the late 70's.

This team has 4 or 5 players who can players who can break a 4.5 forty that is unheard of in Single A.

Anyone who thinks the score was being run up look at the stats we held them to 2 touchdowns in the second half. It is the playoffs and these teams won't meet up again until next year if then. If we did not like what they

were doing we should have stopped them and made them punt.

I can't say if we would have been trying to score at that point or not had the roles been reversed, but what I do

know is last year on our way to the State we put up a lot of points. When your team is on a role you don't want to stop the momentum and South Pitt is on a roll.

FCS fans again yes they tried to score late with the starters in and we held them. The mercy rule was in effect so it was the same as a run and in my opinion had they run the ball they probably would have scored.

Hopefully this game will motivate our Juniors and Sophomores to work hard for next year. The future is bright for those young men and we were defeated by a better football team and probably eventual State Champs.

Football is a team sport and each link of the chain has to be strong, there is no I or Me in team and learn from

the Seniors of the State Runner Up team it is not about who gets the golry but that you all get the glory.

Next year starts today for the underclassmen, start building your team in the offseason.

Good Post. Lot of Class.

Since you weren't at the Grace game you obviously don't know what was done or not done. Just to bring you up to speed the 2nd teamers scored two TDs and the JV scored the last one. Plans were made at halftime for 2nd team and JV to play but Grace never eased up at all. Unfortunately the Grace coach, like may others including McNeal, wanted us to put our 2nd and 3rd string in while they keep their starters in throwing bombs down the field and going for it on 4th down. Matching up smaller Soph and Freshmen against starters is also a way to get them hurt and humiliated. To all coaches put your young guys in when the game is decided and will we too.

BTW I remember the G'ville game last year...49-7....Hmmmmm. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Who is to say when the game is decided? When you have teams that can explode anytime. I say if you can hang 100 on GV do it. Thats your job. How you caoch your team is your business. If you want to leave the starters in to chance getting them hurt, if you decide its decided. Thats your call. Gv does things there way. Others do it theirs. Hey its football. So lets play a good game this friday, and may the best team win. Need to also remember there is two more games to play after this one. This is not by a long shot the state championship. As many feel it is. That football bounces funny sometimes.

Truth is the way South Pitt runs the ball and with the depth you have at tailback throwing the ball with the clock running and becaue the mercy rule is in effect was probably a better way to run out the clock.

In my opinion had South Pitt handed it off they probably would have scored. I see it as a opportunity for them to work on some plays and get some good practice time for your passing game that you might need down the road.

Again as I stated before if SP stays focused and does not beat themselves no one comes withing two touchdowns. I told some people yesterday that the last team I saw with this kind of speed was when Riverdale

had the Roper twins in the late 70's.

This team has 4 or 5 players who can players who can break a 4.5 forty that is unheard of in Single A.

Anyone who thinks the score was being run up look at the stats we held them to 2 touchdowns in the second half. It is the playoffs and these teams won't meet up again until next year if then. If we did not like what they

were doing we should have stopped them and made them punt.

I can't say if we would have been trying to score at that point or not had the roles been reversed, but what I do

know is last year on our way to the State we put up a lot of points. When your team is on a role you don't want to stop the momentum and South Pitt is on a roll.

FCS fans again yes they tried to score late with the starters in and we held them. The mercy rule was in effect so it was the same as a run and in my opinion had they run the ball they probably would have scored.

Hopefully this game will motivate our Juniors and Sophomores to work hard for next year. The future is bright for those young men and we were defeated by a better football team and probably eventual State Champs.

Football is a team sport and each link of the chain has to be strong, there is no I or Me in team and learn from

the Seniors of the State Runner Up team it is not about who gets the golry but that you all get the glory.

Next year starts today for the underclassmen, start building your team in the offseason.

One question for you Mr./Miss Halibut....if it's the TEAM that gets the glory then why would someone ask the SENIORS....why not that whole TEAM.....you seem to imply that the seniors had an inside track on what a "team" was.

What about the other guys on the team that year....have they no concept of what a team is?

I suspect last years runner -up team would've also been clobbered by this S Pitt team despite having a few good athletes.

Who is to say when the game is decided? When you have teams that can explode anytime. I say if you can hang 100 on GV do it. Thats your job. How you caoch your team is your business. If you want to leave the starters in to chance getting them hurt, if you decide its decided. Thats your call. Gv does things there way. Others do it theirs. Hey its football. So lets play a good game this friday, and may the best team win. Need to also remember there is two more games to play after this one. This is not by a long shot the state championship. As many feel it is. That football bounces funny sometimes.

It ain't hard to tell when a game is out of reach. I'm not talking about a 2 TD lead or something like that. An example.....if you are down by 35 or more at the start of the 4th and the mercy rule has the clock running it is over. BTW we were not talking about this weeks game....we were talking about the Grace and FC games where the coaches did not pull their starters and never quit throwing downfield despite being mercy ruled at or close to halftime

It ain't hard to tell when a game is out of reach. I'm not talking about a 2 TD lead or something like that. An example.....if you are down by 35 or more at the start of the 4th and the mercy rule has the clock running it is over. BTW we were not talking about this weeks game....we were talking about the Grace and FC games where the coaches did not pull their starters and never quit throwing downfield despite being mercy ruled at or close to halftime

The FC & Grace game, the starters were pulled. The kids scoring were our young guys from our JV team.

You guys can debate this till Christmas...........

One question for you Mr./Miss Halibut....if it's the TEAM that gets the glory then why would someone ask the SENIORS....why not that whole TEAM.....you seem to imply that the seniors had an inside track on what a "team" was.

What about the other guys on the team that year....have they no concept of what a team is?

I suspect last years runner -up team would've also been clobbered by this S Pitt team despite having a few good athletes.

We will never know what would have happened to last years FCS team vs Last Years South Pitt Team.

We do know what happened with common opponents such as Temple and Gordonsville.

We can always speculate but High School Football is a game of emotions. This years South Pitt team is head

and shoulders above anyone I have seen in years. Can they be beat yes if they let their guard down it could happen this week.

What we do know is last years FCS team Was Ready, and the record proved it.

This years FCS team was Strictly Business and sometimes in business you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you.

I obviously sturck a nerve because you signed up and used your first post to reply to my post.

Welcome to Coach T.

I do not think I ask anyone to talk to the Seniors from the 2007 team but I implied for them to learn from that group. Learning can happen a number of ways and the best way is to watch and observe.

I think the future is bright for FCS and they had a successful season. Injuries and other things were a huge

setback but they overcame adversity and the underclassmen grew up during the year and that will help build the

future.

As far as Mr. or Miss you can ask around the program most everyone knows who I am and I do not hide behind a

screen name. I don't have a child involved I am just a fan who cares about seeing young men succeed in sports and life.

The FC & Grace game, the starters were pulled. The kids scoring were our young guys from our JV team.

You guys can debate this till Christmas...........

Please read the previous posts carefully. I was talking about the SP-Grace game and the SP-FC game (not the Grace-FC game). Nether Grace nor FC pulled their starters and both were taking shots down the field and going for it on 4th down even when down 40-50 points in the 4th and the game was decided. We were substituting as many 2nd teamers as possible and the JV was prepared to go in if Grace and FC had sent in back ups. The JV played in the 3rd and 4th qtrs of several games this season.