Giles County

allaboutsports

I say that DL should be in Div.II also...and also congrats to Boliver for goin into Pulaski and just beating down a Giles team that ran the score up on several region teams. The region teams aren't as good as Giles (exception to Lipscomb who SHOULD be in D.II) so Giles feels special running up the score on the weaker teams, then they go to the playoffs and are embarrased on their own field...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say that DL should be in Div.II also...and also congrats to Boliver for goin into Pulaski and just beating down a Giles team that ran the score up on several region teams. The region teams aren't as good as Giles (exception to Lipscomb who SHOULD be in D.II) so Giles feels special running up the score on the weaker teams, then they go to the playoffs and are embarrased on their own field...

I saw it at the start of the year. Region 5 was down this year! It is David Lipscomb and the seven dwarfs!

David Lipscomb was their normal, consistent self.

Everybody else was average or less.

Montgomery Central has been next to nothing for a few years now.

Spring Hill dropped from a B- team last year to a D+.

Page is getting better. They started the year as a D+ and grew to C.

Creekwood was a C team.

Cheatham County started the year as a D+ and grew to a C+.

Marshall County is a C team with an A+ linebacker.

Giles County was a B- team that only look great when compared to the non-Lipscombs of the region.

I think the Region will be better next year.

Cheatham returns 20 seniors.

Page is really building off a solid foundation now.

Lipscomb is Junior Heay outside of their running backs.

Giles started several sophomores.

Creekwood should be better.

Marshall County's coaching staff is doing a fine job.

Spring Hill might get new life with the coaching change.

Montgomery Central might beat Houston County this time.

Big Country! Why are you popping off about the PA guy at Giles County. You speak so harshly about teams running up the score (i.e. Giles and Page). But, as I recall why the PA guy from Giles wrote a letter to the Principal CUB. I think it was for running up the score three years ago in Pulaski.

I think the way it went was. The Cubs score their final TD putting the score at something like 48-13 with a couple of minutes to go. Instaed of just kicking the PAT, they go for TWO. So the PA guy at GILES sent big CUB a letter. Maybe the same kind of thing Big Country says on here. But, PA guy is a jerk and BC is OK.

Actually, Big Country is a HYPO......crite.

Big Country,

What were your thoughts on Coach Finley going for two to try and making it an even 50? Was he running up the score?

Big Country,

What were your thoughts on Coach Finley going for two to try and making it an even 50? Was he running up the score?

THE POINT OF THE STORY PEOPLE IS WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!!! IT IS THE DEFENSE'S JOB TO MAKE A STAND. I DON'T CARE IF CHEATHAM LOSES A GAME 150-0 TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH. ACTUALLY I DO CARE FOR THE KIDS SAKE BUT I DO NOT CARE TO THE EXTREME THAT I WOULD WRITE THE OPPOSING COACH A LETTER & CRY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. THAT IS COWARDLY & CHILDISH /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am not mad that Giles beat Cheatham 66-20. Good for them!!! That is a great feat for the Bobcats.

Giles beats Cheatham 66-20 & runs it up in the end to beat Page 35-14 then they see that as okay. THAT IS FINE!!! Good for them!!! HOWEVER, what is NOT fine is that Giles cried foul and wrote a letter when they got beat 48-7 in 2005. The same person that wrote the letter is the same person who shot his mouth off during the wins. HE'S A COWARD & I HOPE THAT HE GETS HIS ONE DAY FOR POPPING OFF AT THE MOUTH!!!!

How can you write a letter and cry foul when someone runs it up against you HOWEVER when the Bobcats run it up against others like Cheatham & Page then they see that as being okay????? THAT IS HYPOCRITICAL PERIOD /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you can brag about beating teams then you can also be big enough to accept a beating as well. Otherwise you are just cowardly /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

DO YOU GET THE POINT OF THIS WHOLE CONVERSATION NOW MTF?????

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BRAG ABOUT BEATING SOMEONE TO DEATH THEN THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE HOWEVER DON'T COMPLAIN & CRY TO THE OTHER TEAM IF THEY DO THE SAME TO YOU.

END OF DISCUSSION!!!!!

Big Country,

All starters had been out since the end of the third quarter. Why put your fg unit back on the field unstretched and not ready to play. That would have been a good way to get someone injured. At that time it would have been a nightmare organizing the fg team. Yes, I did say the starters were out the fourth quarter. A sophomore carried the ball on a dive every play on the long late scoring drive. My high school coach was coaching at Giles that year. He thought we ran up the score, so I borrowed the film from CC and looked at earlier this year. 4th Quarter looked like this: dive left, dive right, dive left, and so on. Starters and 1st backups were on the sideline celebrating in the 4th quarter.

In the same breath, I do not hold Giles or anyone else responsible for running the score up. CC got mercy ruled 5 out of first 6 games. That was CC's problem. Not Giles, Marshall, Lipscomb, Greenbriar, Sycamore. Our defense in those games could not stop an average middle school offense. But I believe those games helped us get better.

All starters had been out since the end of the third quarter. Why put your fg unit back on the field unstretched and not ready to play. That would have been a good way to get someone injured. At that time it would have been a nightmare organizing the fg team. Yes, I did say the starters were out the fourth quarter. A sophomore carried the ball on a dive every play on the long late scoring drive. My high school coach was coaching at Giles that year. He thought we ran up the score, so I borrowed the film from CC and looked at earlier this year. 4th Quarter looked like this: dive left, dive right, dive left, and so on. Starters and 1st backups were on the sideline celebrating in the 4th quarter.

In the same breath, I do not hold Giles or anyone else responsible for running the score up. CC got mercy ruled 5 out of first 6 games. That was CC's problem. Not Giles, Marshall, Lipscomb, Greenbriar, Sycamore. Our defense in those games could not stop an average middle school offense. But I believe those games helped us get better.

ABSOLUTELY!!!! That is why I do not care either about getting hammered. Some people get into a big tirade and start writing the opposing coaching staff letters once their team gets drilled. Those same people celebrate when their team does the same things to others. AN EXAMPLE OF A PERSON LIKE THAT WOULD BE THE OLDER GENTLEMAN WHO DOES THE P.A. AT THE FOOTBALL GAMES AT GCHS!!!!!

Been lurking here a little over 4 years. What a great site. If one could only master the art of bringing the majority of the student bodies together to support high school athletics as the ones on this board, many of our concerns would pass on. Athletics = positive thinking + hard work.

Big Country. I make it a point to always click on your posts. You sir are informative, knowledgeable, and have an unequaled passion for high school football. I share those attributes with you as the quiet one in the back row. I do sir however respectfully ask that you not lump the term "Giles" into your concerns regarding "The Old Man PA Announcer". The vast majority of the people of Giles County are hard working folks almost identical to the fine folks of Cheatham County. I acknowledge that we have our share of bad apples and if the PA announcer is who I think it is, then I agree with your opinions. I share no agreements with the PA guy. His letter was not generated from "Giles". It was by his own hand. I agree it was a mindless act to send the coach a letter as do the majority of the people I know. We were the desired opponent for Homecoming for every school we played for many years. "Giles" is just happy to have a fine coaching staff who not only prepare our boys for football games but by example prepare them for life's great adventure. We had an all sophomore backfield + most lineman were underclassmen. Based on inexperience to even lineup in the proper formation, we were limited as to what we could or could not do when we were way ahead. I have watched the Bobcats for many years. I am the fan that watched us get beat by however many the opposing team wished. I wish that feeling on nobody as do most of "Giles".

A great job by Boliver. Better keep an eye on them. If they play as they did aginst us, the mighty DL may have a game.

Please continue to post the great comments that you do. I applaud you for supporting high school sports. Also, what a great finish your county team had. A fine tribute to the excellent coaching staff!

Been lurking here a little over 4 years. What a great site. If one could only master the art of bringing the majority of the student bodies together to support high school athletics as the ones on this board, many of our concerns would pass on. Athletics = positive thinking + hard work.

Big Country. I make it a point to always click on your posts. You sir are informative, knowledgeable, and have an unequaled passion for high school football. I share those attributes with you as the quiet one in the back row. I do sir however respectfully ask that you not lump the term "Giles" into your concerns regarding "The Old Man PA Announcer". The vast majority of the people of Giles County are hard working folks almost identical to the fine folks of Cheatham County. I acknowledge that we have our share of bad apples and if the PA announcer is who I think it is, then I agree with your opinions. I share no agreements with the PA guy. His letter was not generated from "Giles". It was by his own hand. I agree it was a mindless act to send the coach a letter as do the majority of the people I know. We were the desired opponent for Homecoming for every school we played for many years. "Giles" is just happy to have a fine coaching staff who not only prepare our boys for football games but by example prepare them for life's great adventure. We had an all sophomore backfield + most lineman were underclassmen. Based on inexperience to even lineup in the proper formation, we were limited as to what we could or could not do when we were way ahead. I have watched the Bobcats for many years. I am the fan that watched us get beat by however many the opposing team wished. I wish that feeling on nobody as do most of "Giles".

A great job by Boliver. Better keep an eye on them. If they play as they did aginst us, the mighty DL may have a game.

Please continue to post the great comments that you do. I applaud you for supporting high school sports. Also, what a great finish your county team had. A fine tribute to the excellent coaching staff!

yes i agree don't refer as the P.A. announcer as the whole Giles Co. i'm sorry he rubbed you the wrong way but i know the P.A. announcer and for him to write a letter does not seem like something he would do,being a former coach himself.GC is a very young team that did a whole lot better this year than i expected them to do.and for Cheatham Co. to overcome a bad start and have the kind of season they ended up with the should be a force next year.the seasons over lets all go out on a positive note.good luck to all can't wait till next year.

THE POINT OF THE STORY PEOPLE IS WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!!! IT IS THE DEFENSE'S JOB TO MAKE A STAND. I DON'T CARE IF CHEATHAM LOSES A GAME 150-0 TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH. ACTUALLY I DO CARE FOR THE KIDS SAKE BUT I DO NOT CARE TO THE EXTREME THAT I WOULD WRITE THE OPPOSING COACH A LETTER & CRY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. THAT IS COWARDLY & CHILDISH /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am not mad that Giles beat Cheatham 66-20. Good for them!!! That is a great feat for the Bobcats.

Giles beats Cheatham 66-20 & runs it up in the end to beat Page 35-14 then they see that as okay. THAT IS FINE!!! Good for them!!! HOWEVER, what is NOT fine is that Giles cried foul and wrote a letter when they got beat 48-7 in 2005. The same person that wrote the letter is the same person who shot his mouth off during the wins. HE'S A COWARD & I HOPE THAT HE GETS HIS ONE DAY FOR POPPING OFF AT THE MOUTH!!!!

How can you write a letter and cry foul when someone runs it up against you HOWEVER when the Bobcats run it up against others like Cheatham & Page then they see that as being okay????? THAT IS HYPOCRITICAL PERIOD /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you can brag about beating teams then you can also be big enough to accept a beating as well. Otherwise you are just cowardly /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

IF YOU ARE GOING TO BRAG ABOUT BEATING SOMEONE TO DEATH THEN THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE HOWEVER DON'T COMPLAIN & CRY TO THE OTHER TEAM IF THEY DO THE SAME TO YOU.

END OF DISCUSSION!!!!!

sounds like you '[re the cry-baby! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The person who started this topic is the biggest hypocrite I've ever heard. The classiest fans in the world of course live in Marshall County, that's why they have to start a topic on Coacht.com to down a team that they didn't beat. I guess they are just more than a little bitter about losing to their hated rivals two years in a row. Nobody from Giles County put up a thread saying haha we beat Marshall, and the fact that you have to celebrate a team getting beat when you can't do it yourself is of prime example of cowardice.

Congratulations to David Lipscomb, they are the toughest team in the western bracket and I'm going to predict them and Catholic will square off in Murfreesboro.

As for Marshall County, I guess we will see you during basketball season and have fun playing a TOUGH Giles County bunch in that sport as well.

Congrats to all Region 5 teams on another competitive season and GO MUSTANGS!!

The person who started this topic is the biggest hypocrite I've ever heard. The classiest fans in the world of course live in Marshall County, that's why they have to start a topic on Coacht.com to down a team that they didn't beat. I guess they are just more than a little bitter about losing to their hated rivals two years in a row. Nobody from Giles County put up a thread saying haha we beat Marshall, and the fact that you have to celebrate a team getting beat when you can't do it yourself is of prime example of cowardice.

Congratulations to David Lipscomb, they are the toughest team in the western bracket and I'm going to predict them and Catholic will square off in Murfreesboro.

As for Marshall County, I guess we will see you during basketball season and have fun playing a TOUGH Giles County bunch in that sport as well.

Congrats to all Region 5 teams on another competitive season and GO MUSTANGS!!

Catholic is eliminated. They lost to AE last week 26-25. David Lipscomb will play either Fulton-AE-PC-WH in the Blue Cross Bowl. I do not see the Mustangs losing to Bolivar, Haywood, or Mitchell in the next two weeks. THEN AGAIN....... I may be wrong.

Hawse40 GET A FREAKIN' CLUE!!!!

THE POINT OF THE STORY PEOPLE IS WHAT YOU ARE MISSING!!!! IT IS THE DEFENSE'S JOB TO MAKE A STAND. I DON'T CARE IF CHEATHAM LOSES A GAME 150-0 TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH. ACTUALLY I DO CARE FOR THE KIDS SAKE BUT I DO NOT CARE TO THE EXTREME THAT I WOULD WRITE THE OPPOSING COACH A LETTER & CRY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. THAT IS COWARDLY & CHILDISH

How can you write a letter and cry foul when someone runs it up against you HOWEVER when the Bobcats run it up against others like Cheatham & Page then they see that as being okay????? THAT IS HYPOCRITICAL PERIOD

If you can brag about beating teams then you can also be big enough to accept a beating as well. Otherwise you are just cowardly

END OF DISCUSSION!!!!!

BC, I think you missed the point of the P.A. guy. He wrote you guys the letter saying your time was coming. He then let you know that your time arrived. He didn't do it first.