Riverdale (11-0) vs. Wilson Central (9-2)

tdntn

well, I have heard and read lots of good things about WC's offensive mastermind Wes Elrod. I have looked back though, and he has not been able to win the big one yet in 5A(don't know about early career). I think someone should earn the title of "guru", and this game can do it for Elrod. I do not know the man, but if he can pull out this one(last game was horrible offensively), he will be a guru in my mind. This chance only comes along every so often, so let's see what WC and their coaching staff has up their sleeves.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale is not resting on there lorals. They have had a hard week of practice working each night an extra hour into the dark. This team is more focused than ever. They don't do it with tricks, gimicks or there mouths. They lay it on the line every week on the field and that is what wins championships. They dont play down to there level of competition...for example..WC 29-7. Remember all the hype from that game? They quietly took care of business on the field and if it hadn't been for one busted play and a QB scamble, they would have had a shut out. This team will lay down for no one, including themselves. They'll be ready you can count on that. WC will not only need there A game to stay in this game but they will need to bring there AAAAA game to even keep it close. Go Warriors...One Game At A Time ....and this ones just another step to destiny..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

well, I have heard and read lots of good things about WC's offensive mastermind Wes Elrod. I have looked back though, and he has not been able to win the big one yet in 5A(don't know about early career). I think someone should earn the title of "guru", and this game can do it for Elrod. I do not know the man, but if he can pull out this one(last game was horrible offensively), he will be a guru in my mind. This chance only comes along every so often, so let's see what WC and their coaching staff has up their sleeves.

If you were at the regular season game vs. Riverdale, surely you were able to see that the offense, the defense. and the kicking game were not very good. Now, how much Riverdale caused the poor play by WC or poor execution of the game plan is a matter of opinion. Coach Elrod is an outstanding football coach and had a hall of fame record as a head coach. He needs no validation from you , because he understands and has loyalty to the fact that football is a TEAM game and the next game is always the big one

If you were at the regular season game vs. Riverdale, surely you were able to see that the offense, the defense. and the kicking game were not very good. Now, how much Riverdale caused the poor play by WC or poor execution of the game plan is a matter of opinion. Coach Elrod is an outstanding football coach and had a hall of fame record as a head coach. He needs no validation from you , because he understands and has loyalty to the fact that football is a TEAM game and the next game is always the big one

O.K. it is my opinion that we had a lot to do with the lack of exectuion and i think we will prove it again friday night...having said that i only saw WC one time ...what is your opinion of WC poor play?

well, I am sure he doesn't really care what I think. However, for me to consider him a "guru", he does in fact need my validation. In case you did not know, that is how people form opinions, they validate them to themselves. By the way, the WC defense played outstanding in my opinion considering Riverdale started in WC territory nearly everytime they had the ball. I think WC only had 19 total yards in the first half and only gave up 13 points. Who are you kidding? My validation where you are concerned stems from the fact that you don't know nearly as much as you think you do. How many championships did Elrod win? How many in 3A or higher?

I do know the job of the offense is to produce scores, and the job of the defense is to prevent scores. Both sides of the ball failed in the game vs. Riverdale. They must perform better for WC to win.

I do know TEAMS coached by Coach Elrod won 10 or more district, & regional championships, and the Maplewood TEAM , coached by Coach Elrod won the last State Championship before the playoff system was installed.

I guess that is all I know. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

All WC is doing is playing down to there level of competition. If they think they can do that against Riverdale then they will be mistaken. You seem to think that is Riverdale team is the same as it was in week 8. Even if that is so which its not, look what happened in week 8!! It will take more than a few big emotions from playing down to lesser competition to beat Riverdale. And as far as tricks, David Copperfield doesnt have that much magic to make it happen....

Dont know that Wilson Central is playing down after they beat coffe county 45-0

I am not saying Elrod is not a good coach. All I am saying is that if he is a true "guru" he will figure out a way to move the ball and make plays against Riverdale. He was out-coached in the last meeting by a d-coordinator from Hartsville. He hasn't been successful against Riverdale yet. Coach Adeylott's wing-t was much more efficient. I personally hope to goodness that he can figure something out. I am rooting for him to do it and knock off "cocky" Riverdale.(even thought they have earned the right to be so)

also coach Elrod travels the country every off season giving lectures and teaching coaches about the wing-t offense so there must be a few out there who think he is preaty smart.

Coach Elrod has excelled greatly at the Wing T this year and after the loss to Riverdale I would be willing to bet WC has allot of tricks up their sleeve, and after the shut out last week I think they will keep this game close.

I do know the job of the offense is to produce scores, and the job of the defense is to prevent scores. Both sides of the ball failed in the game vs. Riverdale. They must perform better for WC to win.

I do know TEAMS coached by Coach Elrod won 10 or more district, & regional championships, and the Maplewood TEAM , coached by Coach Elrod won the last State Championship before the playoff system was installed.

I guess that is all I know. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

When I was referring to your "knowledge", it had more to do with your knowledge of the last game. The defense did not play poorly considering the situations the offense put them in. Riverdale will even vouch for the fact that our defense didn't play poorly, they were just not being helped by the offense. The offensive line is supposed to be Elrod's specialty and they were whipped last game. Let's see if it gets corrected. Technique can be taught, technique can defeat pure skill, so let's see if they are coached up