DYERSBURG AT MITCHELL

duke

Just out of curiosity-- Did anyone find out what the do over on 4th down and goal was about last night?? I've never seen anything like it before in my life. Did the officials just no know what to call it?

The officals never whistled to start the clock from the time out. Trezevant's QB snapped the ball to soon so the play did not count.

WHY NO PENATLY THEN?? IT LOOKED TO ME AS IF THEY SIMPLY DIDNT WANT TO MAKE A DECISION. IT WAS AS IF THEY WANTED VIDEO REPLAY FOR CONFIRMATION?? WHAT A LAFF !!!!!!!!! THEY DIDNT MAKE IT AND GAVE THEM A 2ND CHANCE TO SCORE WHICH THEY DIDNT BUT GAVE IT TO THEM ANYWAY??? WAY TO GO "D" ON THE GOAL LINE STOPS!! BEAU GET WELL YOUNG MAN AS WELL AS ALL YOUR TEAMMATES ,CAMPOS KEEP HANGING YOUNG MAN! BRING YOUR "A "GAME WELCOME BACK CALDWELL, CLICK PLAYED A GREAT JOB PLAYING BOTH WAYS, AS WELL RASHAD PLAYED HIS USUAL UPSCALE GAME. "D" WAS GREAT AS USUAL WITH "WILL"DO" HAS BECOME THE "TRADEMARK" YOU HAVE MADE ALL TROJAN FANS PROUD! "O" PLAY AS ONE WITH ALL CONTRIBUTING. CONGRATS TO OUR "O" LINE FOR EXCELLANT PLAY THIS YEAR !! DONT DWELL ON ALL THE HYPE OF TORRY LEAVING OTHER OPTIONS OPEN FOR THEM, RATHER CONCENTRATE ON YOUR GAME PLANS "O" AND "D" OF WHAT THE YOU TROJANS BRING INTO THIS GAME. BEING FEARFUL IS A KILLER AND IS A NOT A FACTOR IN THIS GAME NO MORE THAN ANY GAME YOU"VVE HAD THIS YEAR . TROJANS ONE DOWN 4 TO GO! LETS GO AFTER IT TROJANS 4 QUARTERS FULL THROTTLE AHEAD >>> ! ! FOCUS FOCUS,EXECUTION EXECUTION EXECUTION" TOGETHER WE ATTACK " GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the win over Trezevant was the most impressive offensive game the Trojans have played all year! Having Beau Liljenquist in at fullback gives us the kind of power punch Crockett County had with Jarvis Perry last year. If you don't hit him with 3 or 4 people he seems to gain 5 to 10 yards on almost every carry! I don't know how in the world Beau got "discovered" in week 10 of his senior year as a fullback, after never carrying it a down the past four years. But whoever came up with the idea to try him back there is a genius! Against Covington he had something like 140 or 150 yards on about 25 carries, and he came back against Trezevant with 141 yards on 15 carries, according to Saturday's JACKSON SUN. The offense was a well oiled machine Friday night. You got the feeling that we were going to score every time we touched the ball. Taylor, Parker, and Click all had outstanding offensive nights as well. Just as impressive is how our offensve line controlled the line of scrimmage! Mitchell will be a severe test, but I think the Trojans arsenal of weapons will be enough to pull out the win!

I think it is TIME TO ROLL....Read DCBallas post on The David Lipscomb game....He went and watched them and says TALENT wise ....Dyersburg and Dyer County are right there...So the GOLD BALL IS IN SIGHT....

TIGHT UP THAT SECONDARY TROJANS!.....OR as JOHN W. TUCKER USED TO SAY..."THE BEST PASS DEFENSE IS A PASS RUSH".....GET THAT IRONED OUT...AND WE ARE ON OUR WAY....That OFFENSE LAST NIGHT WAS CLICKING...And "BEAU THE BULL"....has got to be a COACHES DREAM.....YOU GUYS GO TO MEMPHIS AND TAKE CARE OF MITCHELL.... ONE DOWN AND FOUR TO GO!......

GO TROJANS!

Talent is NOT what's propelled DL to somethng like 4 of the last 5 state championship games. I believe DHS had as much or more talent than Lipscomb had last year, and although I've not seen them this year I'm sure they're similar. If so then DHS and DCHS would be able to match up talent wise with the Mustangs once again. I was told by one of their supporters who's a mother of a student there, that none of last year's players were going to college to play football off that team. The way they took it to us I found that hard to believe, but apparently it's true. Lipscomb is like a football factory, if you will. They've had the same coach and system for something like 25 years. There's nothing fancy or tricky about them, year in and year out. They just block better than any high school team I've ever seen and their backs, although they don't have blinding speed they always find the holes, and trying to tackle them is like trying to take down a small tractor. They beat people to death with fundemental football on both sides of the ball, and don't make mistakes! If either DHS or DCHS gets as far as the state semi finals this year I'll be there cheering for our guys for sure. But make no mistake about it....barring a humongous upset, DL will be there waiting for either of us. And I can guarantee that it will take a monumental effort to compete with them. They've totally dominated region 5 3A again this year, and are probably a prohibitive favorite to get back to the finals again this year, according to the state high school football experts.....I'm not saying that DHS or DCHS can't beat them....I think both teams are made out of the right stuff.......All I'm saying is don't let their so called lack of talent fool you, and anybody that hopes to compete with DL better bring their best game of the year to do so! Let's don't worry about them right now because both DHS and DCHS have very large objects standing in front of them next Friday night, that will require total focus and great performances to win and move on! Good luck to both teams. Go Trojans! Go Choctaws!

Just wanna clarify myself a bit about David Lipscomb. I'm NOT a DL fan. In fact I was royally ticked off when they came in here and dominated last November. But they've proven themselves this year and over the last several years to be one of the premier football programs in the state of Tennessee. They won't impress you with great athletes, but they WILL impress you that they have 30 or so guys who know how to play the game so well, and generally beat even the good teams to death each week. So let's take care of Mitchell and Haywood first. They're more than worthy opponents. If one of us gets a crack at Lipscomb in 3 weeks, will deal with them then! Go Trojans. Go Choctaws. Beat Mitchell and Haywood!!!!!

I believe that alot of the things that have made DC successful this year are what makes DL successful every year. Dyersburg has just got the athletes to play with ANYBODY. But if they could take a DL mentality with them they would be unstoppable, BUT that's not something that you can turn on like a switch. Discipline, execution, and heart are things that have to be acquired over an amount of time. If you don't have athletes then you HAVE to have ALL those things in order to be successful. I understand that the Trojans are in a new Offensive scheme this year and it makes it harder to execute and be discipline but it will be a necessity in not just a DL game but ANY game for the rest of the season. Believe me though DC and DHS CAN BEAT LIPSCOMB, but you have to get ther first. GO CHOCTAWS! GO TROJANS!

I believe that alot of the things that have made DC successful this year are what makes DL successful every year. Dyersburg has just got the athletes to play with ANYBODY. But if they could take a DL mentality with them they would be unstoppable, BUT that's not something that you can turn on like a switch. Discipline, execution, and heart are things that have to be acquired over an amount of time. If you don't have athletes then you HAVE to have ALL those things in order to be successful. I understand that the Trojans are in a new Offensive scheme this year and it makes it harder to execute and be discipline but it will be a necessity in not just a DL game but ANY game for the rest of the season. Believe me though DC and DHS CAN BEAT LIPSCOMB, but you have to get ther first. GO CHOCTAWS! GO TROJANS!

I'm at least partially in agreement with you. You've seen David Lipscomb play this year and I haven't. And if and when DHS or DCHS manages to make it to the semi finals against the mustangs I'll be standing right there with you cheering for the home team! But I'm also a REALIST. DL doesn't make it to the state championship game year in and year out without having a tremendous football program! It's gonna take a monumental effort for anybody to beat them! I read some of the posts on the DL vs. McNairy thread last week prior to their game and how some 6 3A and 7 3A people were saying how the McNairy Bobcats were going to give DL a fit based on the impressive wins their team had accomplished during the regular season. But then when they went out there and lined it up it was business as usual for DL and a sound whipping of McNairy, 35-7. They don't look "that great" until your team is on the field with them. But when your kids get down in the trenches with them and your defenders try to fight off their blockers, and you try to move the ball on their defense consistently, and penetrate their goal line, it's a whole different story. I stood there last year scratching my head in disbelief, watching DL dismantle the Trojans and thinking to myself, "how in the world is a team like this, with less than impressive talent doing this to us?" This week Lipscomb wil play Marshall County, who they applied the mercy rule to in the regular season, and in all likelihood it's another blowout getting ready to happen. I agree that DHS and DCHS have the kind of talent and team capable of beating them, but I'm saying it would take either of us playing at the absolute top of their game, without mistakes, to have a chance, and that DL will be a better team than either of us have faced all year. Period! I assure you that the DCHS and DHS coaching staff realizes it. But for now we've both got to go to war against outstanding football teams next Friday night, just to advance to week 13, so enough about the mustangs....that matchup is a LONG way off if it ever happens for either of us! Let's just encourage our kids to work hard all week in practice to get ready for two outstanding fooball teams, in their own right, Friday night! Good luck Trojans and Choctaws! Beat Mitchell....Beat Haywood!!!!!

I'm at least partially in agreement with you. You've seen David Lipscomb play this year and I haven't. And if and when DHS or DCHS manages to make it to the semi finals against the mustangs I'll be standing right there with you cheering for the home team! But I'm also a REALIST. DL doesn't make it to the state championship game year in and year out without having a tremendous football program! It's gonna take a monumental effort for anybody to beat them! I read some of the posts on the DL vs. McNairy thread last week prior to their game and how some 6 3A and 7 3A people were saying how the McNairy Bobcats were going to give DL a fit based on the impressive wins their team had accomplished during the regular season. But then when they went out there and lined it up it was business as usual for DL and a sound whipping of McNairy, 35-7. They don't look "that great" until your team is on the field with them. But when your kids get down in the trenches with them and your defenders try to fight off their blockers, and you try to move the ball on their defense consistently, and penetrate their goal line, it's a whole different story. I stood there last year scratching my head in disbelief, watching DL dismantle the Trojans and thinking to myself, "how in the world is a team like this, with less than impressive talent doing this to us?" This week Lipscomb wil play Marshall County, who they applied the mercy rule to in the regular season, and in all likelihood it's another blowout getting ready to happen. I agree that DHS and DCHS have the kind of talent and team capable of beating them, but I'm saying it would take either of us playing at the absolute top of their game, without mistakes, to have a chance, and that DL will be a better team than either of us have faced all year. Period! I assure you that the DCHS and DHS coaching staff realizes it. But for now we've both got to go to war against outstanding football teams next Friday night, just to advance to week 13, so enough about the mustangs....that matchup is a LONG way off if it ever happens for either of us! Let's just encourage our kids to work hard all week in practice to get ready for two outstanding fooball teams, in their own right, Friday night! Good luck Trojans and Choctaws! Beat Mitchell....Beat Haywood!!!!!

I'm merely posting my DL statements to prove to DC/DHS that they are as good as anyone in the state. So they can't let up. Cause they have a real shot if they stay focused. Last year I watched Lipscomb play twice before they played DHS. Last year I tried to tell the people I went to the game with that Dyersburg was in trouble. When my company watched both of the teams warm-up they just laughed at me. What I saw Friday night led me to believe (even though they won big) they are vulnerable. Mcnairy had two drives of over 70 yards and about 12 plays that took up about 3/4 of the half. Both drives were turned over on downs inside the 4. The mustangs were clearly out physicalled by an average a best front line. All I'm saying is the Mustang are more vulnerable than they've been in the past couple of years.NOT LOOKING AHEAD.

I'm merely posting my DL statements to prove to DC/DHS that they are as good as anyone in the state. So they can't let up. Cause they have a real shot if they stay focused. Last year I watched Lipscomb play twice before they played DHS. Last year I tried to tell the people I went to the game with that Dyersburg was in trouble. When my company watched both of the teams warm-up they just laughed at me. What I saw Friday night led me to believe (even though they won big) they are vulnerable. Mcnairy had two drives of over 70 yards and about 12 plays that took up about 3/4 of the half. Both drives were turned over on downs inside the 4. The mustangs were clearly out physicalled by an average a best front line. All I'm saying is the Mustang are more vulnerable than they've been in the past couple of years.NOT LOOKING AHEAD.

If you look at how the Trojans, Crockett and Covington have fared against them in recent years, along with the teams from 6A that have faced them, you can probably understand my being a little skeptical that they are THAT vulnerable! But you saw them and I hope you're right. I certainly agree with you that both the Trojans and Choctaws are capable of beating them but I still look at DL as the "measuring stick" to see just how good our region is! I appreciate you sharing your insight after having personally seen them play this year. Good luck to your Choctaws Friday night against the Tomcats! Let's just keep winning and moving on!

Just wanna clarify myself a bit about David Lipscomb. I'm NOT a DL fan. In fact I was royally ticked off when they came in here and dominated last November. But they've proven themselves this year and over the last several years to be one of the premier football programs in the state of Tennessee. They won't impress you with great athletes, but they WILL impress you that they have 30 or so guys who know how to play the game so well, and generally beat even the good teams to death each week. So let's take care of Mitchell and Haywood first. They're more than worthy opponents. If one of us gets a crack at Lipscomb in 3 weeks, will deal with them then! Go Trojans. Go Choctaws. Beat Mitchell and Haywood!!!!!

ENUFF ENUFF ABOUT DL ON THIS THREAD ! DL kills other teams with execution,execution,execution. They only use 5-6 plays over and over with an awesome blocking scheme. On defence they bend but dont break waiting for the other team to make mistakes. For any team to beat them it will take a flawless effort on both sides of he ball the full 4 quarters, HOWEVER They Are Not Our Issue " This Week, both DC AND DHS have to" FOCUS ONLY " on Haywood and Mitchell this week . Its very Imperative for the Choctaws and TROJANS to Practice this week on bringing their "A " game to Friday nights games. 1 Down 4 To Go TROJANS!!! HEART, DESIRE, WILL TO WIN, PLAYING AS A "T-E-A-M " ONE FOR ALL ALL FOR ONE! WE BELIEVE IN EACH OFF YOU!!!!!

TROJANS "TOGETHER WE ATTACK" !!!! GO TROJANS !!!! /// GATA GATA GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!

The game will be played at Freeman Stadium. I am emailing all info to Dyersburg including directions. So check at the school tomorrow.

Thanks Galilee. Trojan fans - be sure you go to the game Friday. Be loud, be safe, and don't get lost. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />