DYERSBURG AT MITCHELL

duke

LEGEND THIS GAME IS ONE OF THE BETTER 3A GAMES THIS WEEK WITH BOTH HAVING WHAT IT TAKES TO GO FOR THE "GOLD"! DHS ALWAYS HAS A BULLEYES ON THEIR BACK BUT THE TROJANS ALWAYS RESPOND WITH A "NEVER SAY DIE" ATTITUDE,HARD-NOSED PLAY, PLAYING AS "ONE" ! THESE YOUNG TROJANS NOT ONLY PLAY WITH THEIR "HEART" ON THEIR SLEEVES LEAVING IT "ALL" ON THE FIELD EVERY DOWN!

EACH ALSO CONSIDERS OTHERS AS A "BROTHER" RATHER THAN A TEAMMATE! HOPEFULLY NO INJURIES,FAIR PLAY, RESECTABLE OFFICATING WILL DECIDE THE GAME! TROJANS " FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS " EXECTUION EXECUTION EXECUTION!"!!!!

"TOGETHER WE ATTACK" !!!!!!!!!! GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of officiatiing, remember that none of the officials will be coming out of region 7 or 8, so neither team need worry about biased officiating. I remember back in a particular round ball contest as a young man, where there was tremendous hype among the fans and fierce competitiveness between the two squads; so much so that you could almost cut the tension with a knife throughout the whole gym during warmups. The officials called all the starters together at the center circle prior to the start of the game and explained how they wouldn't be perfect that night, that they would occasionally miss a call, but that we as players were going to miss a few shots too. They said that they were going to be doing their very best to call it fair, and encouraged us to show good sportsmanship! It was obvious that the official got his point across, because it was a very competitive but cleanly played game. Remember that the officials are evaluated each week, and the better ones, just like the better teams, are working the deeper we go in the state playoff games!!! So I think we will see a good crew in Memphis, just like we'll see two good teams. If our Trojans will go out with great heart and desire they will be in good shape. I think we bring back the win in a a somewhat close, and high scoring game! Win and advance!!!! Go Trojans!!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg needs to set the tone early in this one. We really need to get some quick scores which should be a problem, and maybe a huge lick on Ken Torey early to disrupt his rythme. Torey is a great talent, but if we throw the right looks at him we might be able to confuse him. This won't be the first meeting though and Some of the athletes for Dyersburg remember what kind of talent he had and they will be ready. I'd like to say we are preparing well on pass coverage this week but I don't know. If anyone does know anything about preactive this week let us kno.

I am taking Dyersburg 38

Mitchell 28

The officials are coming from Clarksville.

Good enough! They'll be coming from Region 5 then. The only Clarksville schools to make the playoffs were Clarksville High and Kenwood, and both are in 5 4A. I heard on the basketball broadcast tonight that DHS is taking 3 chartered bus loads down to Mitchell. Hope we get a big turnout of Black and Gold fans! Looks like a crisp, clear night.....a perfect night for football!!! A win puts us back in the state quarter finals again....let's go Trojan fans...remember it's a 7 oclock start, so we'll need to pull out of here by 5 to make sure we make it by the kickoff!!!!!

It's the biggest game of the season.....should be a barnburner and those guys need us cheering them on to victory!!!!!! Go Trojans!!!!!!!

Good enough! They'll be coming from Region 5 then. The only Clarksville schools to make the playoffs were Clarksville High and Kenwood, and both are in 5 4A. I heard on the basketball broadcast tonight that DHS is taking 3 chartered bus loads down to Mitchell. Hope we get a big turnout of Black and Gold fans! Looks like a crisp, clear night.....a perfect night for football!!! A win puts us back in the state quarter finals again....let's go Trojan fans...remember it's a 7 oclock start, so we'll need to pull out of here by 5 to make sure we make it by the kickoff!!!!!

It's the biggest game of the season.....should be a barnburner and those guys need us cheering them on to victory!!!!!! Go Trojans!!!!!!!

What is the latest on the injury to Beau the Bull?

What is the latest on the injury to Beau the Bull?

Odd you mentioned Beau. I ran into him this afternoon. He seemed to be walking well and was on his way to get physical therapy. According to a couple of very reliable sources he'll be ready to play Friday night, and hopefully at 100 percent by then.

Odd you mentioned Beau. I ran into him this afternoon. He seemed to be walking well and was on his way to get physical therapy. According to a couple of very reliable sources he'll be ready to play Friday night, and hopefully at 100 percent by then.

THATS GREAT. HE WILL BE A SHOT IN THE ARM FOR DHS . ANOTHER WEAPON IN THE TROJAN "O" AND "D " THAT WILL BE VERY INSPIRING TO ALL TROJANS, COACHES,FANS,SCHOOLMATES ! TROJANS ITS TIME TO RESUME ON YOUR JOURNEY THRU THE PLAYOFFS ! ONE GAME AT A TIME YOUNG MEN WITH MITCHELL AS YOUR ONLY "FOCUS". FOCUS,EXECUTION AS THE "T-E-A-M" YOU "ALL" HAVE BECOME! YOUR "NEVER SAY DIE "ATTITUDE WILL CARRY YOU YOUNG MEN THRU THE PLAYOFFS! VVROOOM ! ITS TIME FOR TROJAN FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!

"TOGETHER WE ATTACK" !!!!!!!!!! GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS GREAT. HE WILL BE A SHOT IN THE ARM FOR DHS . ANOTHER WEAPON IN THE TROJAN "O" AND "D " THAT WILL BE VERY INSPIRING TO ALL TROJANS, COACHES,FANS,SCHOOLMATES ! TROJANS ITS TIME TO RESUME ON YOUR JOURNEY THRU THE PLAYOFFS ! ONE GAME AT A TIME YOUNG MEN WITH MITCHELL AS YOUR ONLY "FOCUS". FOCUS,EXECUTION AS THE "T-E-A-M" YOU "ALL" HAVE BECOME! YOUR "NEVER SAY DIE "ATTITUDE WILL CARRY YOU YOUNG MEN THRU THE PLAYOFFS! VVROOOM ! ITS TIME FOR TROJAN FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!

"TOGETHER WE ATTACK" !!!!!!!!!! GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TROJAN'S this should be a good game!!!!!

I noticed Old Fearless of the JACKSON SUN is picking Mitchell to beat the Trojans Friday night....maybe that will be a motivating factor for DHS, as it may be the first time this year any of the area threads have picked their opponent to win. He IS picking DCHS to beat the Tomcats though. Both will be excellent games but I just have one of those feelings that the locals will come through, which is probably about as scientific of a method as Old Fearless uses to make his picks. It seems like the Jackson paper really leans toward a few schools, who may deserve the recognition, but it seems like Dyersburg and generally everybody except for Crockett County who is northwest or west of Jackson get much ink. Don't get me wrong because I have great respect for what all of those programs have accomplished, but I get the feeling that the only time the Jackson sports writers ever see people like the Choctaws or Trojans is if we're playing a Jackson school, and THAT being when we play them in Jackson. I would love to see Milan or Westview or McKenzie or Trenton Peabody try to tackle either the Trojans or the Choctaws right now, because I frankly believe either of our clubs would beat any of them in impressive fashion. I think all of them were ahead of both our teams in this week's poll, which is a joke. Of course polls and area prognosticators are more about looking at past successes and statistics that are readily available so at best it's all just a semi-educated guess. The only true measuring stick is at the conclusion of each game and ultimately who's left standing in Murfreesboro in just over 3 weeks from now. Go Trojan! Go Choctaws!

I noticed Old Fearless of the JACKSON SUN is picking Mitchell to beat the Trojans Friday night....maybe that will be a motivating factor for DHS, as it may be the first time this year any of the area threads have picked their opponent to win. He IS picking DCHS to beat the Tomcats though. Both will be excellent games but I just have one of those feelings that the locals will come through, which is probably about as scientific of a method as Old Fearless uses to make his picks. It seems like the Jackson paper really leans toward a few schools, who may deserve the recognition, but it seems like Dyersburg and generally everybody except for Crockett County who is northwest or west of Jackson get much ink. Don't get me wrong because I have great respect for what all of those programs have accomplished, but I get the feeling that the only time the Jackson sports writers ever see people like the Choctaws or Trojans is if we're playing a Jackson school, and THAT being when we play them in Jackson. I would love to see Milan or Westview or McKenzie or Trenton Peabody try to tackle either the Trojans or the Choctaws right now, because I frankly believe either of our clubs would beat any of them in impressive fashion. I think all of them were ahead of both our teams in this week's poll, which is a joke. Of course polls and area prognosticators are more about looking at past successes and statistics that are readily available so at best it's all just a semi-educated guess. The only true measuring stick is at the conclusion of each game and ultimately who's left standing in Murfreesboro in just over 3 weeks from now. Go Trojan! Go Choctaws!

I agree with u there...yea cc even last year when they were on there A game hardly got any coverage....i cant belive we made the cover of on the ball i was in shock!!! lol

You notice those 4 teams you mention you said you would like to play right now...3 of them are 2a schools and 1 is 1a...look forward to playing Memphis Mitchell and prove "Ole Fearless" wrong...it's starting to get into the later rounds of the playoffs and upsets are going to happen and he has a feeling Dburg won't win....I have a feeling Camden is going to beat Goodpasture...how stupid does that sound??