DYERSBURG AT MITCHELL

duke

I agree with u there...yea cc even last year when they were on there A game hardly got any coverage....i cant belive we made the cover of on the ball i was in shock!!! lol

Yeah, I don't think the Jackson reporters like to travel outside Madison County. And I understand that the local Jackson-Madison County area is where the vast majority of their subsribers and readership is, so that's where more of their loyalty should be. But if you can put ink on the Milan's and Westview's and McKenzie's so much why can't you do it for some of the other schools who are having a great year a little more often? In my opinion, until Jarvis Perry went down near the end of the season, CC was without question the Flagship for Northwest Tennessee football in 06. With Perry's bute strength and athletisism, along with the Johnson duo's speed and elusiveness, there may not have been a better 3A team in the state. Not only did the Cavs have the skill people, but also a big and impressive line on both sides of the ball, and an outstanding defense. I couldn't have predicted a winner between them and Lipscomb, but it would have been a great battle. Having Perry out kind of leveled the playing field a little for Covington to pull off the upset, maybe psychologically as much as anything. By the way, how are he and the Johnson kids doing at UTM this year?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You notice those 4 teams you mention you said you would like to play right now...3 of them are 2a schools and 1 is 1a...look forward to playing Memphis Mitchell and prove "Ole Fearless" wrong...it's starting to get into the later rounds of the playoffs and upsets are going to happen and he has a feeling Dburg won't win....I have a feeling Camden is going to beat Goodpasture...how stupid does that sound??

Yep, I understand that the upsets happen, and I can't blame him for the pick because it's gonna be anybody's game, and considering how Mitchell has beaten folks like Melrose and CBHS this year, it wouldn't REALLY be an upset at all. What I'm trying to say is I'm kinda glad he went against Dyersburg, so that maybe they can have a little added incentive to go out and play even harder with even more resolve! I still think the Trojans will have the grit and team to go down there and get a win, but we'll only know for sure about 9:30 or so tomorrow night. Yeah, I realize the schools I mentioned are smaller classification schools, and are rated above both Dyersburg and Dyer County in their Dirty Dozen poll. That, in my opinion simply makes there poll appear to be more of a popularity contest than a good measuring device to compare teams. And I realize all those schools have good teams and most have beaten a club or two in larger classfications than them, but I don't believe it makes rational sense to think the better teams in 1A or 2A are better than the ones in 3, 4 or 5A. It just makes the poll lose it's credibility.....just my opinion of course! As far as Camden beating Goodpasture, I'd love to see it, but please don't bet the family fortune on that one because Goodpasture will come in pumped after what almost happened to them last week! But we'll see!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW TROJANS!!!!!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT GAME!!!!!! GOOOO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS NEIGHBOR. WE ALL WANT OUR TWO REGION TEAMS TO WIN FRIDAY NIGHT. BOTH "T-E-A-M-S" WILL BRING THE HOUSE WITH HEART DESIRE,RESOLVE AS THEY HAVE ALL YEAR ! "NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE" HARD PLAY EACH DOWN. "IF" "CANT" OR "QUIT" ARE NEVER IN THESE YOUNG MENS MIND.I EXPECT 2 HARD FOUGHT GAMES WITH 2 VICTORIES FROM DHS AND DYER COUNTY !!

" TOGETHER WE ATTACK" ! GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!! "GATA" GO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!

IITS TIME TO ROLL...

TIGHTEN UP THAT SECONDARY TROJANS!.....OR as JOHN W. TUCKER USED TO SAY..."THE BEST PASS DEFENSE IS A PASS RUSH".....GET THAT IRONED OUT...AND WE ARE ON OUR WAY....That OFFENSE LAST NIGHT WAS CLICKING...And "BEAU THE BULL"....has got to be a COACHES DREAM.....YOU GUYS GO TO MEMPHIS AND TAKE CARE OF MITCHELL.... ONE DOWN AND FOUR TO GO!......

GO TROJANS!

THE TROJANS WILL PLAY PASS "D' AS THEY DID IN ROUND ONE , "D' LINE IS BETTER THAN EVER COMING HARDER EACH GAME ,BEAU IS BETTER, TYLER IS BACK , "O"LINE IS MUCH IMPROVED. WAY TO GO TROJANS !! YOUR "ONLY" FOCUS IS MITCHELL FRIDAY NIGHT.

TROJANS " TOGETHER WE ATTACK" !!! WE BELIEVE IN EACH OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! 1 DOWN 4 TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!GO TROJANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am real fired up for tomorrow's game and will be a bit more the closer to the game. These seniors have taken Dyersburg to a level that was visible but really unseen for a long time. Counce brought DHS to great things and these seniors have gone big each year they have touched the field. Undefeated as freshmen, 10-0 season and a number 1 ranking as somphmores, Sate semi's as junior, and now as seniors I am pretty sure they don't want their big season to end in Memphis. Reguardless though these seniors have given Dyersburg a lot to be proud of.....If tomorrow is there last game in Black and Gold trust me when I say that together with their team they will fight until the very end.....I am starting to thinking about the game and pass happy Ken Torey is starting to make my stomach hurt. The pass defense, which has been suspect to say the least will have to come up big. With Caldwell back it will only help, but man we are going to have to play huge on defense. I can tell you the dream scenerio would be for Caldwell and Taylor to have a few early INT's caused by the relientless pressure our D-line imposes. The offense post a bug score on the board early and by the time Ken gets in rythme the game is virtually over, but I don't think that will happen...The key is the D line though if we can create enough pressure with it we can drop the Linebackers in coverage creating a better opprunity to disrupt the passing lanes. With our unstoppable rushing attack, we should be able to control the clock with a steady dose of Beau and the rest of the FB's. Then the outside game will open up. I think last week Dyersburg got comfortable being in a shoot out with Trezvent early and we got lucky and got some stops and we just had more weapons. This week we really want a different type of game. They have the speed to match ours, and there will be big plays for both teams but we can actually be more phyiscally this game. Which is huge. If Beau has over 100 yards rushing I could see Dyersburg could win by twenty. Parker will let every play clock run down, and will contol the clock and the pace of the game.....I nervous about this one it will be good. Dyersburg can do it. They just have to play their best, and if I was judging off last week preformance. That in my opinion the best preformance of the year for us,. With Caldwell back, we fix the small things we lacked last week and we win.

Yeah, I don't think the Jackson reporters like to travel outside Madison County. And I understand that the local Jackson-Madison County area is where the vast majority of their subsribers and readership is, so that's where more of their loyalty should be. But if you can put ink on the Milan's and Westview's and McKenzie's so much why can't you do it for some of the other schools who are having a great year a little more often? In my opinion, until Jarvis Perry went down near the end of the season, CC was without question the Flagship for Northwest Tennessee football in 06. With Perry's bute strength and athletisism, along with the Johnson duo's speed and elusiveness, there may not have been a better 3A team in the state. Not only did the Cavs have the skill people, but also a big and impressive line on both sides of the ball, and an outstanding defense. I couldn't have predicted a winner between them and Lipscomb, but it would have been a great battle. Having Perry out kind of leveled the playing field a little for Covington to pull off the upset, maybe psychologically as much as anything. By the way, how are he and the Johnson kids doing at UTM this year?

I asked sum one the other day......perry goes there to and i cant exactly rember wat they said but i think they said either perry or the johnsons would be starting next year not both but one of the two.......im gonna find out and ill post it later on!!!

I asked sum one the other day......perry goes there to and i cant exactly rember wat they said but i think they said either perry or the johnsons would be starting next year not both but one of the two.......im gonna find out and ill post it later on!!!

Perry is red shirted with a knee and one of the Johnsons are playing . Will's dad ,

Well It didn't turn out for either of our teams the way we would have wanted it to. But I for one am PROUD TO BE FROM DYER COUNTY ! To have two teams from the same little County get this far should make every one of us as citizens of Dyersburg / Dyer County swell with pride ! My greatest hope is that you Trojan fans will stand behind your team & the coaching staff ! I think I can speak for the "Choctaw Nation" in saying that even had the results been different that the vast majority of the ORANGE FANATICS would have been there cheering on the Trojans ! You people have so much to be proud of as do we Choctaw fans as well ! Yes it would have been OUTSTANDING to have had our rematch, but it just wasn't to be ! I was constantly getting updates on the Dyersburg / Mitchell score when our game seemed to be lost in hopes that at least ONE OF OUR TEAMS would advance ! Sometimes it seems that fate (if you will) brings us back to reality ! The one reality that I would hope for is that until that ONE FRIDAY NiGHT in the fall that we could all support one another ! And even than that we could support our respectiva teams with a mutual respect & not single out kids that leave it all on the field for targets of ridicule or less than desirable pranks ! Yes I had a very personal interest in that situation, but lets both get control of things like that & encourage sportsmanship & mutual respect for one another even though we will ALWAYS be RIVALS ! Congratulations to ALL you Trojans for another GREAT YEAR ! To you seniors, just look at the legacy that you leave behind ! You coming Seniors it will become YOUR time very soon & you young Trojans the burden will begin falling on you to carry on the winning tradition that has been set before you ! To the Coaching Staff congratulations on a job well done & for standing tall in the face of doubt from the minority of your FANS !

73choctawqb

Steve Davis

Dyersburg needs to set the tone early in this one. We really need to get some quick scores which should be a problem, and maybe a huge lick on Ken Torey early to disrupt his rythme. Torey is a great talent, but if we throw the right looks at him we might be able to confuse him. This won't be the first meeting though and Some of the athletes for Dyersburg remember what kind of talent he had and they will be ready. I'd like to say we are preparing well on pass coverage this week but I don't know. If anyone does know anything about preactive this week let us kno.

I am taking Dyersburg 38

Mitchell 28

CONGRATS TO MITCHELL ON YOUR WIN TONIGHT ALSO FOR THE CLASS YOU SHOWED ! **** DHS SENIORS / PLAYERS YOU HAVE PROVIDE DHS FANS MANY MEMORABLE GAMES " THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES" EXCUDING YOUR ALL EVERY GAME. WE ARE SO PROUD OF EACH OF YOU YOUNG MEN! NOW "GO INTO LIFE" AS YOU HAVE YOUR PLAYING YEARS AT DHS WITH SUCCESS. ITS UP TO YOU GO GET IT !! SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW REGION 7-3A TEAM HAYWOOD NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT!

Congratulatons Trojans! Great season! You have a lot to be proud of. Coaching staff, you came to Dyersburg following one of the great ones....the expectations were out of sight, and I know the pressure was sky high...but you've done a wonderful job!!!! Seniors, what can I say! You fellows are winners in every since of the word. I look for all you guys to be out there making a positive impact in our world! Good luck! Basketball players, baseball and soccer players, track guys, wear that black and gold proudly! Work just as hard in the classroom, and ENJOY the rest of your senior year!