McKenzie vs Fayette Academy

VOLnWTN

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mav,

I was just walking into the stands last Friday night along the bottom walkway and tripped over one of those little half steps where you go up into the stands. Fell and one ot the handycapped benches alont the bottom broke my fall along with two ribs!!! Hit me under my left arm and the rest is history!!

As you mentioned though it has been good to find out this week that McKenzie has never LOST a game----only choked!! Most of the time, I thought we got beaten by vastly better teams. Gives me renewed hope for the future. It was also surprising to find that we apparently are the only team to ever "choke" too. That would mean that we've been the best all these years and merely "choked" to lesser teams. There may or may not be something to a private school arguement but no more where I'm concerned. They put 'em on the same way we do and this Rebel team is good enough that if they play up to their capabilities no excuses will be needed. And I'm not sittin' here thinking up some to use if we don't play up to our capabilities.

We have had 5-6 straight easy games and it's hard to stay sharp like that. Let's just hope we are back to week 1 intensity and focus!!!!

If so we'll be OK.

Duck,

Sorry to hear that you got put out of commission by a fall on the bleachers.

I like you thought for many years that the Rebels got beat by better teams only to find out from "know it all" or "it's a fact' that we weren't getting beat but we have been 'chocking' all these years. That guy must be a prophet. ha ha

I hope you are getting better and I know you will be hard to contain if you can't cheer on the Rebels from the Rebel stands. Good luck Duck. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

The Mav

Fri. Nov. 9, 2007 Fayette Academy vs. Gleason W 14-6

According to the Coach T scoreboard under Fayette Academy the ran the score up on Gleason 14 to 6. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think Gleason was the better team......I know they were classier for a PUBLIC SCHOOL

Fri. Nov. 9, 2007 Fayette Academy vs. Gleason W 14-6

According to the Coach T scoreboard under Fayette Academy the ran the score up on Gleason 14 to 6. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think Gleason was the better team......I know they were classier for a PUBLIC SCHOOL

I was there from the PRAYER to the Fat Lady, and the score was definitely 26 to 12. Fayette had 2 more scoring opportunities. Just before the half Fayette tried to snap the ball at the Gleason 1 yard line, but the ref started the clock and the play was over before it stopped. The score was not indicitive of the game. It could have very easily been 40 to 12. Gleason was a good team, but now that everyone is healthy at Fayette, things are different. Remember, Fayette played the toughest schedule in 1A football, and became a very good football team.

This is so much fun, but none of it means anything. The real game will be played between the Taco Bell stands in McKenzie on Friday night for all of the marbles. Good Luck to both teams!

Is Butchie really 6'7" tall, and look like Sasquatch???? We're good aren't we, Butchie? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks mav,

Right now everything is day to day. Today wasn't exactly a good one either!!!! I'll just have to see how I feel tomorrow afternoon and go from there.

The sleeping in a chair thing and waking up every hour or hour and a half is pretty annoying to say the least. I still want to try to go to the game but, if not I'll be glued to the radio. Or, I could open the front door and listen to it that way since it's only whole city block from my house!!!!

I was there from the PRAYER to the Fat Lady, and the score was definitely 26 to 12. Fayette had 2 more scoring opportunities. Just before the half Fayette tried to snap the ball at the Gleason 1 yard line, but the ref started the clock and the play was over before it stopped. The score was not indicitive of the game. It could have very easily been 40 to 12. Gleason was a good team, but now that everyone is healthy at Fayette, things are different. Remember, Fayette played the toughest schedule in 1A football, and became a very good football team.

This is so much fun, but none of it means anything. The real game will be played between the Taco Bell stands in McKenzie on Friday night for all of the marbles. Good Luck to both teams!

Is Butchie really 6'7" tall, and look like Sasquatch???? We're good aren't we, Butchie? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

At least------the National Guard guys even tried to hang the flag on him once!! That's why they put the flag up early now!!!! If you can imagine Sasquatch after falling in a vat of nair-----that's your boy. I really do think he's still a little jealous about Saspuatch being a couple of inches taller than him BUT, Butchie forgets that Sasquatch can't talk but, he can and Sasquatch just kind of grunts!!!!!