Antioch @ Independence

lostfan

It's extremely difficult for a linebacker to be nominated for Mr. Football.

People love touchdowns and catches and stats like those when it comes to voting for a back, not tackles. I don't profess to have seen every linebacker in the state, but there's no way that Ryan isn't one of the three best LBs in class 5A.

But like tnsparty said, accolades and individual recognition and everything like that is irrelevant--winning is the only thing that matters.

Sorry to bring it back up. Linebackers are included with the linemen for the award and not with backs.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The atmosphere at Independence High School right now is on another planet! The fans, the teachers, and most of all the players are absolutely estatic for the game tonight! The Bears better be ready to go at 7:00 because the Eagles are. Indy wins tonight, big Mo is going to be on their side on night.

Indy- 41 Antioch- 20

The atmosphere at Independence High School right now is on another planet! The fans, the teachers, and most of all the players are absolutely estatic for the game tonight! The Bears better be ready to go at 7:00 because the Eagles are. Indy wins tonight, big Mo is going to be on their side on night.

Indy- 41 Antioch- 20

That is most def. true. This is the most hyped I have ever seen this school. The Indy boys are ready to get on it tonight. Indy wins big!!

I hope all of this "hype" and media craze doesn't distract the Eagles today. I have a feeling that the key seniors involved in tonights game will not be distracted by all of this, however I have to wonder about the younger players participating in tonight's contest.

And on a side note: I do not have the numbers in front of me but I was kind of disappointed to see attendance at the Gallatin game last week was not more than it was (that's not saying it was bad, just not meeting the casual observer's expectations of such a monumental game). Afterall it was Independence's first playoff game.

IHS is ready to go. they have had a great week of practice and have the support of the entire school behind them. Antioch has great athletes, but I think the field (which has been looking rough all week) will play a factor in this game and make some key tackles. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Prediction: I like IHS by two touchdowns on the strength of Scott Pettigrew legs and Heckman's arm.

IHS 34-20